NE Mens League

22 hours ago, SYhopper said:

Hoping to get some games in in this league, anyone can point me in the direction of any fixtures/results, etc?

The North East Men's League section on the RFL website did carry details during the 2021 season.

Maybe it will crank back into life when the season up there gets going.

Same could apply to the league's Twitter - @NorthEastRL - account.

You could drop Alan Smith a line. He may be able to put you in touch with league officials:

Alan Smith, Community Game Senior Administrator

07760177457| 

Alan.Smith@rfl.uk.com

Edited by Hopping Mad

It's quite common for leagues in development areas to announce their fixtures only a few weeks before the season starts. Now it varies quite a lot from league to league, but historically the RFL were quite hot on keeping Rugby League Conference fixtures secret until only a few weeks before the season started (I think it was because the fixture lists were liable to change)

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 15:11, bowes said:

It's quite common for leagues in development areas to announce their fixtures only a few weeks before the season starts. Now it varies quite a lot from league to league, but historically the RFL were quite hot on keeping Rugby League Conference fixtures secret until only a few weeks before the season started (I think it was because the fixture lists were liable to change)

I normally take in a couple of games a year up there and they normally have a full fixture list for the season, it looks like who ever has been running the site hasn't touched it since last season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 9 months later...

Wonder what the state of the north east leagues will be this year. Just saw on Facebook that Whitley Bay Barbarians aren’t fielding any teams this year.

sad to see a club that has been a staple of the north east scene for many years make the decision to not compete at any level.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/02/2023 at 21:52, Reggie9 said:

Wonder what the state of the north east leagues will be this year. Just saw on Facebook that Whitley Bay Barbarians aren’t fielding any teams this year.

sad to see a club that has been a staple of the north east scene for many years make the decision to not compete at any level.

Is that just open age or juniors as well?

• 2 months later...

Well this league is supposed to start next week. Wondered if anyone has any info. on any of the clubs, venues, etc.

Looks like we have the following in the Premiership

Cramlington Rockets

Jarrow Vikings - Monkton Stadium?

Wallsend Eagles

Edinburgh Eagles

in the Championship

Gateshead Storm - Winlaton Vulcans?

Yarm Wolves

Catterick Crusaders

Durham Demons   ???? listed just once in fixtures

• 1 month later...

Only 3 teams and 2 fixtures on the RFL website and only junior stuff on facebook.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"