Sun 10th Apr: CCQF: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/22 at 14:00

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/04/2022 at 10:14, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Expecting a Wigan win but I hope it's a close game for the viewers and that we get through with no injuries before the more important forthcoming league game v Cas.

With no Miller, Fifita or Johnstone playing it looks like Poching feels the same.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I've rated Lewis Murphy when I've seen him. Obviously, not as Johnstone's level but a decent player.

Similarly, Gaskell isn't a bad replacement for Miller. I assume the latter is injured.

Wakefield's absentees aren't ideal but their depth seems better than recent years.

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

I've rated Lewis Murphy when I've seen him. Obviously, not as Johnstone's level but a decent player.

Similarly, Gaskell isn't a bad replacement for Miller. I assume the latter is injured.

Wakefield's absentees aren't ideal but their depth seems better than recent years.

And they are playing against a team with two bang average props and Iain Thornley on the wing FFS.

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Great little video about Wakey there, really getting me in the mood for this one! 

Yep Wakefield are a genuine chance here.

You would think from some of their supporters on this thread that they had picked Douglas Bader and Stevie Wonder in the 17.

When the game is deadlocked and you require that something special to break it or add that final nail in the coffin of your opponents chances it’s the strike players that make the difference.

Wigan have most of their strike players available with just Marshall absent while Wakefield are missing 3 of their most dangerous individuals in Fifita, Miller and Johnstone.

The game will be that little bit poorer for their absence but missing the chance of seeing Johnstone square up to Field in a foot race is the real regret.

Nice 40/20! As Dave Woods said, more like a 30/20.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Some great kicks from Lino forcing Wigan onto the back foot.

And the rest of the team are taking that confidence and running with it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No try, but damn close.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's cruel on Wakefield,  but that's rugby.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

And with no disrespect to Lewis Murphy that’s the difference between having a more experienced strike finisher like  Johnstone in the team and not having him.

Wakefield would have been taking a conversion attempt but instead they concede to one of Wigans strike players

it also has to be acknowledged that with Fifita, Miller & Johnstone playing, Wakefield would almost certainly have found a way over the line during that long spell of pressure

Great tackle by Murphy

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived