Sun 10th Apr: CCQF: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/22 at 14:00

The Ginger Pearl gets MotM.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hat-trick for Field!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time 6:36 - a cruel scoreline, given all the excellent work Trinity put in across the 80 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

normal service resumes at wakefield

Harsh, cup games often finish like this when the game is gone.

Batley shipped 50+ to Fev after cup game was gone and then drew with them in the repeat fixture 7 days later 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I keep thinking Tanya is saying Fat Pete. That was the bloke who used to sell dodgy dvds down the pub in the early 2000s. 

Her blatant workplace bullying of Hendo during the draw was out of order !!

41 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Bateman has been a handful today,hopefully the start of him returning to his best.

Hopefully he can consistently play like that. I think he’s been good in the main this season but he’s certainly fired up for the two cup rounds and has been excellent in both. There’s no shortage of big games coming up. 

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

Hopefully he can consistently play like that. I think he’s been good in the main this season but he’s certainly fired up for the two cup rounds and has been excellent in both. There’s no shortage of big games coming up. 

Get him out wide where he is most dangerous. He is a world class edge forward and an average loose forward.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Get him out wide where he is most dangerous. He is a world class edge forward and an average loose forward.

He's been playing as an edge forward all season so far but he's been hit and miss in that role. His best performances so far this year have actually come in the two games where he's had to fill in at centre.

Just need a bit of consistency from Bateman. He's shown glimpses of what he can do but has occasionally disappeared in games. Really for our marquee player he should be playing with the consistency of players like Field and Farrell.

The Wigan players seem to have more trust and confidence in each other this season, so they will try more and different things, and not go into their shell if something doesn't come off. Under Lam, they looked terrified to take a risk.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Absolutely. He hasn’t really played any loose forward this season mind and has pretty much played all his rugby in that right second row spot, with a bit of centre these past few weeks. 

He wasn’t dreadful last season by any stretch but he’s having those games with big moments in them again this season. He’ll need to have some game next week! 

15 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

He's been playing as an edge forward all season so far but he's been hit and miss in that role. His best performances so far this year have actually come in the two games where he's had to fill in at centre.

Just need a bit of consistency from Bateman. He's shown glimpses of what he can do but has occasionally disappeared in games. Really for our marquee player he should be playing with the consistency of players like Field and Farrell.

Agree. He has so much class in him, maybe a bit of cutting edge in the side now is firing him up a bit more.

57 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It will also encourage families that don't want to run around on terraces and get ###### wet through.

Haven't you noticed , kids like to run around , even when it's raining 

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

It will bring in more revenue allowing the club to spend closer to the salary cap, it will also have upgraded training and video review facilities giving the team better preparation

Seriously , they've not got room for a big telly ATM ?

played well today wigan, but its still a worry that the forwards don't make enough yards and our kicking is poor saints will murder us if we can't get past halfway.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Archived