Sun 10th Apr: CCQF: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/22 at 14:00

Bit of a rude scoreline for Wakefield but opverall a fair result.

A question for the Wiganers on this board

If Jai Field and Bevan French were both fit in 2021 would Adrian Lam still be your coach today ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

If Jai Field and Bevan French were both fit in 2021 would Adrian Lam still be your coach today ?

I have been mulling that over, and I suspect the answer would be yes. 

2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Depends if it meant we won something. I suspect we wouldn’t have done because Saints would’ve still won the double and there’s no way they’d have kept him on after 3 years without a trophy, even if things might’ve been more entertaining.

A good coach to me improves players and Lam couldn’t say he improved many players in his time with us. Even 2020 was basically all effort and French getting us points but nobody bar Powell played at the best consistently or took significant steps forward.

Under Peet so far this season, multiple players have improved and young guys have taken steps forward. At different ends of the spectrum, Leuluai and Smithies really stand out to me. Leuluai is playing better than I’ve seen him play for 5 years or more and Smithies is really impressing me and after stagnating under Lam, he’s now back on an upward curve. 

Peet has been so impressive so far. The connection he’s building between the players and the fans is really special. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

That final try should have been disallowed. Field's boot touched the side line before he grounded the ball.

Indeed, perhaps the laughing emoticon you received could be removed now.

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

Ah! Let's look at that again then. Can you show us?

Always pleased to help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I agree that for the optimists and wishful thinkers on here it appears that the foot was in touch. However, as a neutral, I have to say that the freezeframe is not definitive proof. We'd need to see a ground level horizontal view if we were to be sure that the curvature of his boot meant it was not actually in contact with the white line.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I agree that for the optimists and wishful thinkers on here it appears that the foot was in touch. However, as a neutral, I have to say that the freezeframe is not definitive proof. We'd need to see a ground level horizontal view if we were to be sure that the curvature of his boot meant it was not actually in contact with the white line.

“Optimists and wishful thinkers” 🤣🤣🤣

I love it! But surely it warranted a VR look?, even you would concede that John?

Or would you?!?!

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

“Optimists and wishful thinke usedrs” 🤣🤣🤣

I love it! But surely it warranted a VR look?, even you would concede that John?

Or would you?!?!

Yes of course I would, just to be proven right. 😀😀

The thing is, that a 2d image of a 3d situation can be misleading. Need a plan view, a front elevation and a side elevation and a set of feeler gauges to be sure.😀

Edited by JohnM

13 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What is clear is that OF has a massive TV. I’d bet he has to stand in the garden and look in through the window to see it in focus. 

Or maybe he just needs to get out more.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What is clear is that OF has a massive TV. I’d bet he has to stand in the garden and look in through the window to see it in focus. 

Not my tv mate, that image is from twitter.

4 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Oh, so yours is bigger than that! 😆

When Hull City Council decided to remove the giant screen from Queen Victoria Square, I saw an opportunity…

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

The thing is, that a 2d image of a 3d situation can be misleading. Need a plan view, a front elevation and a side elevation and a set of feeler gauges to be sure.😀

Okay, here you go then...

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

He's just getting up after having grounded the ball 👍

Someone has "adjusted" the boot in the last one.