Sat 9th Apr: CCQF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 14:30 (UK Time) (BBC)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/22 at 14:00

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints pack will be massively strengthened by the return of Walmsley & Lees as starting props meaning they also get much more impact off the bench from Paasi & LMS. The other big plus is getting Hopoate back, question for Woolfe is does he replace Hurrell with him or drop young Bennison and play Hopoate on the wing. My guess is he'll go with the latter and sacrifice speed to nullify the size of Yaha given Hopoate's strong defensive capabilities.

Should be a lot closer than the Rnd 1 game but Saints still too strong for Cats I reckon;

Cats 14 - 18 Saints

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will be there with the wife and boys:) Sadly club says the ticket sales are slow seems no-one is that interested in the CC which is sad.

Paul

Hope they manage a decent attendance,especially with the games being shown on French FTA.

It feels like Saints have been storing up some energy to really target this and Good Friday. I just can’t see them not getting the win, regardless of that being a close one or pretty comfortable. I actually think it may be the later.

Saints by 14

Walmsley amongst others back is an enormous boost. With the players missing from last week, we would struggle. With the returnees, we've got a good shot. Too close to call this.

Reckon our team will be:

Welsby, Hopoate, Hurrell, Percival, Makinson, Lomax, Dodd, Walmsley, Roby, Lees, Sironen, Batchelor, Knowles

Lussick, LMS, Paasi, Norman

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will be there with the wife and boys:) Sadly club says the ticket sales are slow seems no-one is that interested in the CC which is sad.

Paul

This is a good match to go and watch, sadly I can't make it.

Saving the €'s for the Catalans V TO match. (and the following Monday for the Hull match). 

And why oh why oh why do they put the biggest French RL match for donkeys years on a Thursday night ! 

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

This is a good match to go and watch, sadly I can't make it.

Saving the €'s for the Catalans V TO match. (and the following Monday for the Hull match). 

And why oh why oh why do they put the biggest French RL match for donkeys years on a Thursday night

TV

Turnaround times including travel

If the ref can clamp down on cheating Walmsley and Welsby then Catalans might have a chance but I don't want to hold my breath.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

If the ref can clamp down on cheating Walmsley and Welsby then Catalans might have a chance but I don't want to hold my breath.

Here, here.

Looking forward to this, the dream quarter final tie for the other clubs left in the RL Cup.

Will hopefully be able to watch this in a pub/club somewhere on the outskirts of Huddersfield before our game.

Les Cats 18 Saints 25. ☹️

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Had this as a 50/50, maybe narrowly favouring Catalans.

However, my mind has slightly changed after reading McNamara's comments trying to influence the referee.

That's not something a man who was confident his side would win the game would say.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Jon Wilkin telling the BBC viewers that we love RL for those illegal shoulder charges to the head. 

Is this really the best punditry we can find? 

The St Helens love in is cringeworthy enough,but yeah that was pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

The St Helens love in is cringeworthy enough,but yeah that was pretty bad.

I just watched that and cringed, I think he realized half way through saying it he sounded like a clown .

Archived