Whitehaven match

Evs62

6 minutes ago, donald said:

Fair play obviously I wasn't there tonight but you know it happens on popular side and the townies normally take the high ground in the kells end . But if you say it happened I can't argue against you

Yeah true, at first Townies did stand as you state.....Haven fans with drum and backing chorus were near TV gantry....but the heavy rain forced them to take cover in Kells End....as I said it did make for a top atmosphere and the Haven fullback (man of match?) certainly loved it.

12 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I stand right there, near bar, on popular side (in front of you)and I've never seen as much liquid launched as seen tonight.......never ever.

Who can afford to waste drinks like that ? Crazy!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Town0682 said:

I know the bar will empty out soon but not a great crowd here so far. Come on town !!!!

Spot was bouncing ya nutter for a Sunday night game on a bank holiday and a 7pm kick off on tv! to get 1900 was awesome 

• Like 1

I was there tonight. Stood on open side for full game. Town & Haven fans were singing songs & enjoying the match all game until about minute 65 then a decent group of haven & a smaller group of town were lashing drink & really offering each other out. I left on 79 cos didn’t want dragged into that but wouldn’t be surprised if something went on after the match. There wasn’t a single copper there all night & I only saw about 10 stewards in the full ground. Unfortunately times have changed & I think both clubs need to engage & think about stewarding/policing in future derbies. UTT.

• Like 5

Just now, chromedome said:

Ha, ha.....yeah I was thinking same.

What goes through SOME fans minds wanting to cause trouble ( we've had our fair share at Fev). They should give all their energy into supporting their club and not bring THEIR club into disrepute!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Spot was bouncing ya nutter for a Sunday night game on a bank holiday and a 7pm kick off on tv! to get 1900 was awesome 

Ok - it’s easy saying this after the game & you know the attendance. I put that on at 6.40 & it looked quiet that’s all. Didn’t say it wasn’t bouncing. Both sets of fans made a decent racket. 

• Like 1

Just now, Town0682 said:

Ok - it’s easy saying this after the game & you know the attendance. I put that on at 6.40 & it looked quiet that’s all. Didn’t say it wasn’t bouncing. Both sets of fans made a decent racket. 

No worries buddy 👍

Pleased I went in the end although I hate watching a game from behind the sticks but the weather forced us in at half time. 

Cant argue with the effort most of the lads put in today, they put a shift in against a bigger team. Must have been a slog in the 2nd half against the weather.  If we had played smarter we could maybe have taken the points or at least put some pressure on them. Going into touch on first tackle, when we finally get to the haven line we run on last tackle, they have players cramping up on their left side and we don't exploit it. I couldn't believe how many of their players were stretching their muscles in the last 20, I was sure we were gonna get back in it but just couldn't get any pressure on them.

Not sure what others thought of the ref, but I'm not having it that we were the only team off side. How many times did we get pinged and lose field position, it was killing us. I'm not saying we weren't off but it was very one sided imo.

Will tate looked good, and our usual crew who carry the others really got stuck in. Heard some movement is expected on the recruitment front and we really do need them. UTT!

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I'm sure Chris said in post match interview on PS more signings to  come , I need to watch again .

Its a pity he didn't apologise for his actions prior to the kick off when he flagged off and gestured to the Haven fans beside the tv scaffold, very unprofessional. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JMB said:

Its a pity he didn't apologise for his actions prior to the kick off when he flagged off and gestured to the Haven fans beside the tv scaffold, very unprofessional. 

Chris did? 

1 minute ago, THMS said:

Chris did? 

Ye, he must have been getting interviewed and some of the Haven fans were giving him some stick as he walked back over the pitch, he stopped and turned and flagged them off before giving them a wa###rs gesture to them, plenty of folk seen it, so unprofessional.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JMB said:

Ye, he must have been getting interviewed and some of the Haven fans were giving him some stick as he walked back over the pitch, he stopped and turned and flagged them off before giving them a wa###rs gesture to them, plenty of folk seen it, so unprofessional.  

He wasn't wrong tho...👀

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, JMB said:

Not good 

Just back from the game after the supporter's coach left us behind.

Couldn't fault the effort from the lads today, deserved to go in up at ht and did well for 20 mins in the 2nd half.

Thought the ref killed us with a haven pen for over the horizontal when we slammed a player square on his back, a 2 on 1 steal when walker clearly took it 1 on 1 and then the shoulder charge for the pen they took when not one person in the ground appealed for it.

Thought it was embarrassing from both sets of fans throwing drink over each other 2nd half and pretending they wanted to fight but suppose that was always gonna happen when the idiots at the rfl moved the game to 7pm on easter sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JMB said:

Just when I thought I couldn't like Chris anymore..

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, Spike said:

He wasn't wrong tho...👀

Maybe he wasn't, but its not something that  isent

a good example to the young kids that were in the ground at the time.

Edited by JMB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Really good game watched on Premier Sport, weather was bad for both teams to endure so can’t blame that. Pleased to see the effort but we have some really weak players that make you hold your breathe whenever they’re near the ball. Defended very well thought the game changed when Simons went off & brought back on too late. Great to see Wheetman out there he did well, Fitzy great as usual, players that are usually brilliant for us had an off game today. Newbies were excellent. All in all though much improved let’s hope it’s not just because it was a Derby though we need to be consistent hope the game helps with their confidence & they can build on it & get some wins under our belt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JMB said:

a good example to the young kids that were in the ground at the time.

I don't think you need worry too much corrupting any kids by flicking off a few supporters. When we moved into the Kells end we purposely stood away from the town and haven groups to keep the boy away from any potential trouble.  There was a large gang of kids in front of us all pre teen age, they all knew the words and were signing along with all the Haven songs. Almost every one had bad language in, and included the Adams family incest one and their Matty Henson song. I'm not saying that this is exclusively a Haven thing, my point is that kids are exposed to a lot more than a v sign. 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Just back from the game after the supporter's coach left us behind.

Couldn't fault the effort from the lads today, deserved to go in up at ht and did well for 20 mins in the 2nd half.

Thought the ref killed us with a haven pen for over the horizontal when we slammed a player square on his back, a 2 on 1 steal when walker clearly took it 1 on 1 and then the shoulder charge for the pen they took when not one person in the ground appealed for it.

Thought it was embarrassing from both sets of fans throwing drink over each other 2nd half and pretending they wanted to fight but suppose that was always gonna happen when the idiots at the rfl moved the game to 7pm on easter sunday.

Thought the ref had a good game. Wrt the 3 incidents you mentioned the commentators both agreed the first 2 incidents were penalties (can’t remember the 3rd). Thomson was involved in the tackle by putting a hand in the player prior to walker taking the ball which counts as 2 in the tackle. 

• Like 1

I know we've said it a few times before this season. But another game we've been close to a side further up the table than us. The win will come! Walker was clearly being targeted in defence, but I think he must retain his place. We seem much more a threat when he has hands on the ball.