Whitehaven match

Evs62

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

No he wasn't, I saw one of the newer ones there, can't remember his name though  is it Mark something? 

Edit; It was Mark Cant I think....

He was at the game,

5 hours ago, chromedome said:

What did it look like on telly?

Terrible Keith, I was only watching on my phone as on holiday but there were light patches and then seriously dark bits, not good. The rain on the cameras in the 2nd half made it really difficult to view. Having said that enjoyed the game although not the result. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JMB said:

He was at the game,

10 hours ago, JMB said:

Sure he was

Hmm, something fishy going in here, why are you arguing with yourself, or did you use the wrong login....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, IanMac said:

Terrible Keith, I was only watching on my phone as on holiday but there were light patches and then seriously dark bits, not good. The rain on the cameras in the 2nd half made it really difficult to view. Having said that enjoyed the game although not the result. 

Obviously I need to go to 'specsavers' Ian.............but my son, stood with me, agreed it was nigh on impossible to see the action at there scoreboard end due to insufficient lights.

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Obviously I need to go to 'specsavers' Ian.............but my son, stood with me, agreed it was nigh on impossible to see the action at there scoreboard end due to insufficient lights.

Said this for years we need new lights but nothing gets done even we know the lights aren’t good enough or lack of bulb power 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chromedome said:

Didn't see that passage....must say it was nigh on impossible to see any play at that end looking from the Kells End......no way are those floodlights up to standard.   What did it look like on telly? Also what happened at the end? The hooter went, kids took to the pitch, then it seemed as though play continued ....very confusing.

It looked very dim on the TV, more like mood lighting than floodlighting.🙄

18 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Camera work not great either,  could hardly see anything second half

So up to now it's been some players not up to this level, refs fault, bad lighting and some of the away supporters. Wake up and smell the coffee the teams not good enough same old stuff every week so come on start saving up now to go down Cornwall next season. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dkw said:

Hmm, something fishy going in here, why are you arguing with yourself, or did you use the wrong login....

Not sure, i can only put it down to covid brain, 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Downie said:

So up to now it's been some players not up to this level, refs fault, bad lighting and some of the away supporters. Wake up and smell the coffee the teams not good enough same old stuff every week so come on start saving up now to go down Cornwall next season. 

Who was blaming the floodlights  the Ref or away supporters. How would a few numpties throwing beer have any affect on the game.🤔 No need to wake up and smell the coffee for most on here, we know we aren't good enough, so you are just stating the obvious. It's a forum where we discuss all things Town on and off the field  the good and the bad. Daftest post of the year so far, take a bow. 🙄

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Said this for years we need new lights but nothing gets done even we know the lights aren’t good enough or lack of bulb power 

How can you justify buying new floodlights to accommodate playing a night match that only occurs every 2 or 3 years. Playing summer rugby as more or less made floodlights unnecessary. 

4 hours ago, Downie said:

Not really sure what the point is you are trying to make, Dont think any one suggesting we were beaten due to lights or supporters, most posts on here reflect an acute awareness of our squad, Never mind, back to school for you tommorow i guess.

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Downie said:

Russia invading Ukraine definitely didn’t help us either . And I don’t like coffee 

• Haha 3

On 19/04/2022 at 13:55, Unicorn 106 said:

Who was blaming the floodlights  the Ref or away supporters. How would a few numpties throwing beer have any affect on the game.🤔 No need to wake up and smell the coffee for most on here, we know we aren't good enough, so you are just stating the obvious. It's a forum where we discuss all things Town on and off the field  the good and the bad. Daftest post of the year so far, take a bow. 🙄

Eunuch my bezzie this is for you. I thought Town contributed well to a hard fought dower game. Firstly I would wish to state that in my opinion there was a good atmosphere and banter between fans, with exception of a couple incidents, Thorman giving signing to Haven fans,      A club coach should have more sense and better judgement and rise above fans goading.            I also disagree totally with Haven fans chanting "Fat ####" at Jamie Doran it was personal , insulting and out of order.                                                                                                                  Regarding the game, Towns line defence was well coached moving up and and closing down Havens superior possession advantage, and Towns goal line defence  was excellent preventing Haven from grounding the ball over the try line on 5 -6 occasions.                                                 I have took note on fans comments on here regarding Forbers form this season, calling for him to be dropped from the team, at Sundays game I thought Doran except from his excellent kicking game was generally nullified not making even half a break and his usual distribution wasn't there, and my conclusion was whilst Forber isn't getting rave notices he has the experience and ability to make space for Doran to do the business.

EUNUCH all the best for the Season

Your Bezzie.

• Sad 2

Think they could mix it up if the want to move teams around the field with our smaller pack try couple of drives and try plus 1s or 2s to a bigger forward out wider against smaller backs might tire opposition forwards out then later in the game we can use henson darting from hooker or doran stepping just mix it up we have nothing to lose

• Like 1

On 20/04/2022 at 16:19, Billy Bob said:

Eunuch my bezzie this is for you. I thought Town contributed well to a hard fought dower game. Firstly I would wish to state that in my opinion there was a good atmosphere and banter between fans, with exception of a couple incidents, Thorman giving signing to Haven fans,      A club coach should have more sense and better judgement and rise above fans goading.            I also disagree totally with Haven fans chanting "Fat ####" at Jamie Doran it was personal , insulting and out of order.                                                                                                                  Regarding the game, Towns line defence was well coached moving up and and closing down Havens superior possession advantage, and Towns goal line defence  was excellent preventing Haven from grounding the ball over the try line on 5 -6 occasions.                                                 I have took note on fans comments on here regarding Forbers form this season, calling for him to be dropped from the team, at Sundays game I thought Doran except from his excellent kicking game was generally nullified not making even half a break and his usual distribution wasn't there, and my conclusion was whilst Forber isn't getting rave notices he has the experience and ability to make space for Doran to do the business.

EUNUCH all the best for the Season

Your Bezzie.

Thanks Choccy, much appreciated. I love Chris Thorman even more now. 👍

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just something different, what's people's take on tomorrow's match between Rams v Jams , I going for a Jam win, that way the Rams are still in touching distance with us and London, any thoughts ???

Hard call this one, I suppose an haven win would help us, but then again haven seem to be in free fall and a Dewsbury win brings them into the dog fight.

16 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just something different, what's people's take on tomorrow's match between Rams v Jams , I going for a Jam win, that way the Rams are still in touching distance with us and London, any thoughts ???

Rams win. Jams have now shipped most points in the league and being dragged into the scrap they are less likely to get reinforcements than the rams are  with the rams based in Yorkshire.

• Haha 3