Westerman, England squad?

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

We lost all those tests/series because 1-17 we were inferior to Australia and not because we played 1 of those 2 in the halves and that continues to be the problem and picking a journeyman to play in a pivotal role isn’t going to change that.

It's great (to me) that you fella's are arguing about England team selection (rather than the fact that Leigh haven't got a railway station, or Wakefield's ground is poor etc. etc.) looking forward to the World Cup.

I sense the ''buzz'' of excitement slowly building (its palpable) towards the biggest (and best) World Cup so far.

With more television coverage than ever before, HKR, Wakey and Cas' improving their infrastructure, the Women's, wheelchair and PDRL game growing rapidly, Touch football aligning with us and the French making great strides here and there, there's a lot to be excited about. 

I can't help feeling that this is going to be a huge year for our game.

Bring it on.   

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two more tries for Eden tonight 35 mins gone.

Classy Cas'

On 07/04/2022 at 19:39, Davo5 said:

So Wane should only pick players on current form,let’s hope Greg Eden doesn’t go on one of his try scoring runs before the end of the season.

Without doubt Dav, if Eden had played for Wigan with his try scoring record he would have been a shoe in for international selection, over the years to often selection has been governed by who you play for other than how well you are playing.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Without doubt Dav, if Eden had played for Wigan with his try scoring record he would have been a shoe in for international selection, over the years to often selection has been governed by who you play for other than how well you are playing.

He really wouldn’t 

15 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Eden is the English Francis Meli, you know he can score try’s but every game your just waiting for the next howler that’ll lose you the match 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

both cam murray and victor radley are 8 years younger than joe journeyman - they are also far far  better all round players  than him- if they line up against him in the wc it would be a mis match 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

both cam murray and victor radley are 8 years younger than joe journeyman - they are also far far  better all round players  than him- if they line up against him in the wc it would be a mis match 

A fair way to go in the season but at the moment Isaah Yeo is head and shoulders the best 13 in the NRL.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A fair way to go in the season but at the moment Isaah Yeo is head and shoulders the best 13 in the NRL.

yep - so thats 3 amazing options they have

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 09/04/2022 at 13:50, graveyard johnny said:

True. But Morgan Knowles is considerably better than both.

People called Romans they go the house

4 hours ago, dkw said:

He hits like a hammer, every tackle he makes hurts, love watching him play.

In 2 years he's become one of my favourite players, he just doesn't stop, he's involved in everything, his work rate is excellent, I've yet to see him take a backward step, he punches above his size and it's players like him that enable the likes of Lolohea, Pryce, Fages, Levi to do their stuff.

I'm saying now that if he played for one of the "bigger clubs" or in the NRL he would be tugged over by the fans and media, as it is, he, like his team, gets on with it under the radar.

2 hours ago, meast said:

In 2 years he's become one of my favourite players, he just doesn't stop, he's involved in everything, his work rate is excellent, I've yet to see him take a backward step, he punches above his size and it's players like him that enable the likes of Lolohea, Pryce, Fages, Levi to do their stuff.

I'm saying now that if he played for one of the "bigger clubs" or in the NRL he would be tugged over by the fans and media, as it is, he, like his team, gets on with it under the radar.

Huddersfield fans really do have a chip on their shoulder, Yates is highly rated across the board, has anyone said otherwise?

Archived