Oldham v West Wales Raiders

Roger and Out

WE are at home again this Sunday to West Wales Raiders (3pm kick off) and if you go on the website and read the article headlined 'Three days to go to the next home game' you will see there are a whole host of initiatives, all designed to enhance the game-day experience at the Vestacare Stadium. We can, of course, climb into the play-off places if we beat West Wales and other results go our way. But please read the website to get a flavour of all that's going on behind the scenes as we till and toil, mainly as volunteers, to move the club forward in these difficult times. UTY !

• Like 2

Really happy with my team. But tbh the win is a bit hollow. Is that the right expression ?. The opposition are just a joke. Cannot put it any other way. Feels wrong saying kick them out. But why should people pay to watch that ?. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chiefgeneral said:

How did Astley play?

Absolutely outstanding. The opposition were a joke but he carved them apart with crisp passing, deception and then by the end was just running straight through. One of the best debuts I've seen. Got to play on Friday for me even if Hewitt is fit.

Forber was excellent as well on debut. Looked really strong and dynamic running the ball and his defence was excellent as well. Restall was excellent again. Copeland looked good on the wing whilst Kian Morgan was super playing at centre.  Some of the tries in the second half were cracking with the Andrade try straight from the kick off being the stand out.

Feel sorry for West Wales but there's got to be serious questions whether they should stay in the league. Aside from the No.5 trying hard I can't think good they did. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on a well earned win against the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. Meanwhile Hornets prepare for the clash of the Titans with an outstanding performance in the rounds top matchup against Hunslet.

All looking good for a belter on Friday. Come in your thousands but be prepared  to go back t’other side of Royton with nothing but memories.

Its been a long wait since the last time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Absolutely outstanding. The opposition were a joke but he carved them apart with crisp passing, deception and then by the end was just running straight through. One of the best debuts I've seen. Got to play on Friday for me even if Hewitt is fit.

Forber was excellent as well on debut. Looked really strong and dynamic running the ball and his defence was excellent as well. Restall was excellent again. Copeland looked good on the wing whilst Kian Morgan was super playing at centre.  Some of the tries in the second half were cracking with the Andrade try straight from the kick off being the stand out.

Feel sorry for West Wales but there's got to be serious questions whether they should stay in the league. Aside from the No.5 trying hard I can't think good they did. 

Sounds like the perfect compliment to Ridyard. Astley plays off the cuff (according to his bio) and Ridyard more the organiser. 

Been crying out for a good 7 for a while and IMO Hewitt just isn't good enough. Although ultimately it's provably hard to judge given the opposition today 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Congratulations on a well earned win against the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. Meanwhile Hornets prepare for the clash of the Titans with an outstanding performance in the rounds top matchup against Hunslet.

All looking good for a belter on Friday. Come in your thousands but be prepared  to go back t’other side of Royton with nothing but memories.

Its been a long wait since the last time.

It's Rochdale v Oldham. When was the last time the crowd was in the thousands? 

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

but expect to face stronger opposition this weekend

Stronger opposition ? ? ?

Hey, we're only playing Rochdale Hairnets, not St Helens.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's Rochdale v Oldham. When was the last time the crowd was in the thousands? 

March 2017 1087 at San Spotland…..come on you yeds…..you can do your bit to make sure we beat that.

Morning cruise on the Canal, rag pudding ay willbutts chippy, pint or two in the Cemetry then you wont worry about the final score.

Safe travels!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

March 2017 1087 at San Spotland…..come on you yeds…..you can do your bit to make sure we beat that.

Morning cruise on the Canal, rag pudding ay willbutts chippy, pint or two in the Cemetry then you wont worry about the final score.

Safe travels!

👍

according to Hornets website you can pay on the day at the club office 

You will need have new money…they no longer accept shillings and pence😊

They do encourage ticket purchase on line but for that you will need to have one of those computer things. I think they have them in Royton.

• Haha 1

Given there is no mention of it on the website (unlike previous games were fans were told to buy early because of the restriction) It appears there is no cap.

It would be helpful for the club to make this clear but we dont get much out of the club these days.