Oldham v West Wales Raiders

Roger and Out

Always a cracking day out with the Hairnets - and this is a game not to be missed. Sadly, not this time. It's probably the first I will miss in over 60 years.

I just hope and pray the Hornets don't end up with the Quinn/Batty mess we had so losing Sheddings.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2022 at 14:47, shrewsbury roughyed said:

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2022/04/letter-from-a-new-fan/

Compare the above to the letter on the Roughyeds' website. Credit to the Oldham club - it's early days and a long term process but people at all levels of the club are trying very, very hard. Well done, Oldham. Let's hope the efforts are matched on the pitch. 

What a lovely letter, and how kind of Ian to take the trouble to write it. Fingers crossed that the club is still around and going from strength to strength by the time Rosa is old enough to join Elise and their parents at many Roughyeds games in the future.

1 hour ago, Stevos Barber said:

Are they on our website or just on the noisy neighbours one. Like Shrewsbury it's a long way for us to come up for nowt.  

Those going is it meet in the Wetherspoon's in town? The old cinema?

I'm not personally attending but in recent times it's been start in spoons n then move to spotland bowling club near the ground

10 hours ago, clifford said:

Hope to see you soon stevos barber  not attending the chip fat arena mainly because I fallen out of love with the game. 

Keep the faith mate. There's a lot wrong at the top of the game but it's the guys on the park that deserve our admiration and support. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, clifford said:

Hope to see you soon stevos barber  not attending the chip fat arena mainly because I fallen out of love with the game. 

Sorry to hear that mate but I can understand why. Hope you find the love for it again. Try to focus on what goes on the pitch and not the politics (that can put anyone off).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stats-

Restall-2 tackles. one offload. 7 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. 12 carries=192m

Copland-one tackle. 6 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. 14 carries=133m

Cooke-2 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=72m

Morgan-9 tackles. one miss. one offload. 9 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. 13 carries=106m

Holcroft-3 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 8 carries=88m

Ridyard-2 tackles. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 3 try assists. 14 carries=80m

Astley-10 tackles. one miss. 7 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. 4 try assists. 12 carries=150m

Nelmes-11 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle bust. 20 carries=173m

Forber-12 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 2 try assists. 6 carries=69m

Spencer-12 tackles. 9 carries=61m

Thornton-12 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 3 try assists. 11 carries=121m

Ferry-6 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=16m

Whittel-20 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 13 carries=68m

subs

Cameron-10 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. 2 carries=17m

Andrade-13 tackles.one offload. 8 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=167m

Newton-14 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 5 carries=62m

Yarrow- 15 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 5 carries=48m

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Great to see a West Wales victory today if BBC site is to be believed.

Saw it myself on Our League

• Like 1