Any news on...

Wakefield Ram

Peltier had torn his groin muscle away from the bone. Hence why it’s taken him so long to come back -  which is to be expected, with such an injury. As for the rest I believe Ferguson is unsuccessful with passing his head test and I believe he maybe taking a back seat I.e. not coming back for the rest the season. So you can rule him out for good. 

Aren’t we duel reg with Hull KR? Why we not asking for players from them? We’re desperate for forwards! We need a pack to drive and bully they’re way through. 

2 hours ago, John_Don said:

Peltier had torn his groin muscle away from the bone. Hence why it’s taken him so long to come back -  which is to be expected, with such an injury. As for the rest I believe Ferguson is unsuccessful with passing his head test and I believe he maybe taking a back seat I.e. not coming back for the rest the season. So you can rule him out for good. 

Aren’t we duel reg with Hull KR? Why we not asking for players from them? We’re desperate for forwards! We need a pack to drive and bully they’re way through. 

Luis Johnson, a forward from HKR is in Sunday's squad.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, John_Don said:

Understand Peltier is back training. Real shame for Ferguson with World Cup this autumn.

• Like 2

I'd love to know,all these players we get , week in week out ,do our  coaches actually monitor them to see how good they are. I get the feeling we say just send anybody that's free. What ever the excuses ,for at least the past 2 seasons it hasn't worked.The frying pan and the fire is getting awfully close. 

The DR players we receive from HKR are one hit wonders (okay, so they are neither hits nor wonders) and Tate goes from playing for us to playing against us tomorrow, something I don’t understand.

I didn’t know we were in a DR relationship with any other club, but according to the club website, North Wales Crusaders have taken Aaron Hall on DR, “to give him game time”. If we are short of forwards, wouldn’t it have been pertinent to allow him to have such time with our club?

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

I'd love to know,all these players we get , week in week out ,do our  coaches actually monitor them to see how good they are. I get the feeling we say just send anybody that's free. What ever the excuses ,for at least the past 2 seasons it hasn't worked.The frying pan and the fire is getting awfully close. 

One of the past two seasons we only played six games.

Are you saying that our player recruitment and selection was perfect before LG came on the scene?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

The DrR players we receive from HKR are one hit wonders (okay, so they are neither hits nor wonders) and Tate goes from laying for us to playing against us tomorrow, something I don’t understand.

I didn’t know we were in a DR relationship with any other club, but according to the club website, North Wales Crusaders have taken Aaron Hall on DR, “to give him game time”. If we are short of forwards, wouldn’t it have been pertinent to allow him to have such time with our club?

Totally agree with regards Hall it seems crazy. With the prop forwards we have available I’d say Hall is about the best of them. Might as well release him then send him to North Wales on DR.

rambo.gif

17 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

The DrR players we receive from HKR are one hit wonders (okay, so they are neither hits nor wonders) and Tate goes from laying for us to playing against us tomorrow, something I don’t understand.

The treatment of Aaron Hall is and has been staggering given the problems we have had, but the writing was on the wall when he continued to try and offload the ball in the tackle.  No brownie points with our coach there. What I can’t understand is why LG resigned him for this season if he didn’t rate him. Madness. 

24 minutes ago, NickD said:

The treatment of Aaron Hall is and has been staggering given the problems we have had, but the writing was on the wall when he continued to try and offload the ball in the tackle.  No brownie points with our coach there. What I can’t understand is why LG resigned him for this season if he didn’t rate him. Madness. 

Do you feel that he was fully fit when he played, Nick?

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you feel that he was fully fit when he played, Nick?

How would we know?  Never got more than ten minutes before he was off …

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

One of the past two seasons we only played six games.

Are you saying that our player recruitment and selection was perfect before LG came on the scene?

Keep the excuses coming,it will keep lee in the job.One of the worst moves was Thackeray leaving for pocket money,he's not doing too bad now. I am certain if he was still here  the club wouldn't be in the dire mess they are in now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Keep the excuses coming,it will keep lee in the job.One of the worst moves was Thackeray leaving for pocket money,he's not doing too bad now. I am certain if he was still here  the club wouldn't be in the dire mess they are in now.

Thackeray leaving for pocket money,really 😂 You say if he was still here we wouldn’t be in this mess? You do know for halfbacks to be able to play they need to be behind a good dominant pack,ours is getting smashed nearly every week.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Thackeray leaving for pocket money,really 😂 You say if he was still here we wouldn’t be in this mess? You do know for halfbacks to be able to play they need to be behind a good dominant pack,ours is getting smashed nearly every week.

We’d still be in a far better position than we are now. 

57 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

So all these forwards that come in every week can't be that good as you suggest. I rest my case.

5 hours ago, silcoates said:

Thackeray went to Fev. He didn't go for peanuts. I was sat with him at the End of Season Awards when he left. He told me Fev had made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

As for Aaron Hall, who knows. It's possible to get fit not playing, but I don't know either way. 

21 hours ago, NickD said:

How would we know?  Never got more than ten minutes before he was off …

Why do you think he was only getting 10 minutes?

21 hours ago, silcoates said:

I wish I got pocket money like that. Do you actually know what Fev were paying him? (I presume that the answer is no.)

I am not unilaterally defending our coaching but you seem to imply, initially, that everything was down to failures on LG's part. Then you criticise something that happened years before he came on the scene. Next you will be telling us that we wasted the Mick Stephenson money!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I wish I got pocket money like that. Do you actually know what Fev were paying him? (I presume that the answer is no.)

I am not unilaterally defending our coaching but you seem to imply, initially, that everything was down to failures on LG's part. Then you criticise something that happened years before he came on the scene. Next you will be telling us that we wasted the Mick Stephenson money!

Thought we used that money to buy the floodlights at Crown Flatt?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

M.S.money, it was waisted.  Many R.L clubs ,like Dewsbury have found to there great cost these committees had no idea how to run a business.How much pocket money did FEV pay thackeray then, if you know?

............and after all the money that FEV have spent over the last few years, they remain in exactly the same division as ourselves ....... they might have had more fun along the way but they've also had better funding and a more 'generous' (deluded ??) benefactor than ourselves ...... they also have a town that's still steeped in and cares about it's Rugby League Team and has a far different demographic to that of Dewsbury ..... gates of <1000 and severe cuts in funding, plus the loss of the Car Boot sale 'money-spinner' for all those months, mean we are where we are not just because of perceived poor coaching.

We ALL want Rams to be in the top half of the table and challenging for honours but somewhere there has to be a sense of reality about it all....... Who knows, once Abramovich sells Chelsea he might be at a loss as to what he does with his money  🤔🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

M.S.money, it was waisted.  Many R.L clubs ,like Dewsbury have found to there great cost these committees had no idea how to run a business.How much pocket money did FEV pay thackeray then, if you know?

I spoke to Thackeray at the End of Season Awards when he was leaving. He told me that Fev had made him an offer he couldn't refuse as they had just had a baby. As you'd expect he didn't provide me with details of his contract. But he left for more money than the Rams could offer.

5 hours ago, silcoates said:

As Wakefield ram said: Thackeray went to Fev. He didn't go for peanuts. I was sat with him at the End of Season Awards when he left. He told me Fev had made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

I do know but won't share it on a forum. Suffice to say it was about twice what we had been paying him, which in itself was more than Fax were prepared to offer him when he originally joined us.