NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 5

18 all, as Nick O'Rima goes through a big gap by the posts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18:22 with a try to Valentine Holmes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Johnson wins it! 25:24.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow! The Broncos are 10:0 up against the Roosters.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sam Walker with the Roosters' first try. The start of their comeback/a Broncos collapse?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joey Manu levels the scores with ktc. Brisbane fans have seen this before, many times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ooh, Oates picks Naiqama's pocket for a Broncos try!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brisbane 16:12 Sydney with 7 minutes to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joey Manu's effort being sent up as no try. Bunker says... TRY!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sam Walker's conversion attempt makes it 16:18 with five minute left for the Broncos to at least get to Golden Point.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's it, game over! Tupouniua with a try, following the Broncos' failed attempt at a short kick-off.

Converted for 16:24.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hat-trick for Oates! But he's incurred a legular injury in the process of celebrating.

But Reynolds slices a straightforward-looking conversion wide - 20:24 with just over a minute left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Frantic finish! Two penalties against the Roosters in the final 10 seconds, but they held on to win. Very entertaining.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Who`d be a coach, 5 minutes left Broncos kick down field, three times ref calls Tesi Niu in front of the kicker, Nui ignores him gets involved, penalty Roosters, go down field and Manu scores. Honest to God, useless dumb ####.

I thought the better team lost both games this morning, proving that a special player (Johnson) or just a stronger team ethic (Roosters) can still win you a game even though you have been second best for 80 minutes.

On a separate topic I thought Tedesco looked well below his usual standards this week and the Roosters attack was clunky with too many guys attempting to be play makers. I'm not sure that Radley, Keary and Walker fit in the same team successfully.

Archived