NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone suspect that Nicho Hynes is enjoying his post-Melbourne career just a tad more than Josh Addo-Carr?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes it is the case that when you are a better side than your opponent you play down to the level of your opposition. In Cronulla Sharks case that must be true. The main interest towards the end of the game was whether or not Sharkies would keep Wests to Nil. They did not and frankly, deserved not to given the number of points the Sharks failed to put on the terrible Tigers due to poor execution. It should be of concern to Fitz that mid-way through the second half, Wests competion percentage was higher than the Sharks.

On to woeful Wests. With the exception of Luciano Leilua. That was shameful a team lacking in ticker who have given up. Ok there are injuries and a Jackson Hastings suspension but sorry the effort you expect from professionals was not there.

Outside Concord Monday morning

shame-got.gif

I cannot see Michael Maguire surviving this, maybe not even the week with Parra next up. Not so sure though he will be going to Leeds as some thing after the trauma of Tigertown he might want some time away from the game.

The second game on paper would have been similar except that the Dogs were well ...dogged and showed the heart Wests lacked. The were well beaten but not disgraced by the Penny Panthers. Although Matt Dufty had a game to forget.

On a brighter note seeing the Sharks ground has left me pining for a return to Woolooware. When in Australia I stay in the shire so watch a lot at Sharks and at Win stadium Woollongong. All things being well I should be back in 2023.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 09/04/2022 at 19:15, Graham said:

Too many second half errors from Dragons.

Agreed Graham, as well as, too many errors by, the brain dead we have not got a clue board at the Dragons, by signing far too many Yesterdays hero's players and a Has-been coach that was never really up to it in the first place, after being sacked by both the Broncos & Panthers. Who shows his brilliance week after week by playing players right out of position......The greatest ever powerhouse club in the Australian games history reduced to this what a nightmare bad joke....Frank Facer would be rolling in his grave.   

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

20 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Kevvy has another brainwave at the Broncos……brought in a swimming coach today!  Never a dull moment at Redhill.

Must have misunderstood when someone said the broncos are sinking fast.

Preparing for the next time Lang Park is 6 foot underwater.

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

Archived