France vs Wales 19th June Albi

2 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

And bbc sport via red button ? 

Oh yes!

I was trying so hard on everything else that I missed that.

It may just be website and app but that would be something.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 10/06/2022 at 09:43, fcl said:

Kheirallah was eligible due to residency rule. For him to still have the right to wear the French jersey, he should reside in France for 210 days (7 months) in the year preceding the selection. This will not be the case at the end of the year.

This cannot be right, can it? Surely that residency requirement only applies to the first time a player becomes eligible, once he has played for that nation he must continue to be eligible regardless of where he lives subsequently.  

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

30 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

This cannot be right, can it? Surely that residency requirement only applies to the first time a player becomes eligible, once he has played for that nation he must continue to be eligible regardless of where he lives subsequently.  

Maybe this is France's own rules on who plays for them?

Morning Everyone,

I will be there and will try to get a couple of interviews for my new French Rugby League you tube blog alongside meeting a few characters and loons.

Pia v Baho blog should be up tonight Dave myself and Yanick (The policeman who is a rabid communist and rugby league nutter) had a fantastic day.

My French Rugby League Adventures 

31 views already with no publicity LOL early days and an exclusive re Channy from Saturday.

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 7

58 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

However, this is the current eligibility rule. And it also applies to maintain his eligibility ! 

In the future, we can expect less rigid rules for heritage players and that we look for the nationality of great-grandparents and no longer just parents and grandparents.

These rules will end up burying the last hopes of French rugby league

Edited by fcl

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

1 hour ago, fcl said:

However, this is the current eligibility rule. And it also applies to maintain his eligibility ! 

In the future, we can expect less rigid rules for heritage players and that we look for the nationality of great-grandparents and no longer just parents and grandparents.

These rules will end up burying the last hopes of French rugby league

Don't worry Lézignan rugby school will save French RL in a couple of years 😉. A couple of them could choose England though 😉😁

On another note Brexit is making it very difficult for the young French players to get a club in England, it's quite difficult to get a  visa now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Morning Everyone,

I will be there and will try to get a couple of interviews for my new French Rugby League you tube blog alongside meeting a few characters and loons.

Pia v Baho blog should be up tonight Dave myself and Larent (The policeman who is a rabid communist and rugby league nutter) had a fantastic day.

31 views already with no publicity LOL early days and an exclusive re Channy from Saturday.

Paul

I've had a look at your first video on the youtube channel. I look forward to seeing more.

I found Alex Chan's answer to your question about Joe interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Morning Everyone,

Pia v Baho blog should be up tonight Dave myself and Larent (The policeman who is a rabid communist and rugby league nutter) had a fantastic day.

Paul

Link please? Merci

13 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Link please? Merci

Jim I am techie  moron Peter Quinn one of our presenters at the radio station does everything for me (Even my voice tracking inserts for shows:) just go to you tube and Google should come up:)

Hopefully

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Treize Mondial, not to mention Gingerjon above, say it will be on Via Occitanie TV.  I can always get that channel on my PC, with no difficulty.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Treize Mondial, not to mention Gingerjon above, say it will be on Via Occitanie TV.  I can always get that channel on my PC, with no difficulty.

First time Bein Sport and Vià Occitcanie covered same time. First time possibly also France will put out full-time  professionals?

Forgot yes they put out a full-time side in Perpignan last October. Garcia and Bousquet missing then.- the core of the present side.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

First Wales game I will have missed in the last 8 years...just cant get the time to travel to Albi....which is a real shame because I really enjoyed my visit there last time Wales played, and when Wales Wheelchair played in Albi in the 2017 Wheelchair World Cup.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gogledd said:

First Wales game I will have missed in the last 8 years...just cant get the time to travel to Albi....which is a real shame because I really enjoyed my visit there last time Wales played, and when Wales Wheelchair played in Albi in the 2017 Wheelchair World Cup.

Still time to get to Cross Keys?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 14/06/2022 at 10:59, ATLANTISMAN said:

Morning Everyone,

Pia v Baho blog should be up tonight Dave myself and Yanick (The policeman who is a rabid communist and rugby league nutter) had a fantastic day.

Paul

Cheese and Rugby League... a winning combination.

Enjoying the blogs!

• Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to the game. I've only been to Albi once, a very brief visit when South London Storm played at nearby Realmont (a true RL town!) back in 2002 (dear God... how long ago?). Does anyone know of the best places in town for a pre-match vin/biere/Pastis with a RL flavour? Are any other TRLers going and would like to meet up?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

On my way now from Newhaven.

Its a beautiful day.

Looking forward to a great experience.

See you on Sunday Pen 🙂

One of the French immigration policeman in Dieppe is a RL fan he asked me where i was going the other week and told him Perpignan for the Dragons and he told me he loves RL and watches all the matches on TV.

Paul

• Like 2

Saturday hoping to go to Ile Sur Tet (The birthplace of French RL) along with a mountain hike to the house of the Germans with a frightening WW2 history, later a visit to a bar in the village of Mantet hosted by a big Dragons fan and later on my way home another tragic WW2 RL story which is hidden from public view.

Sunday France v Wales fun Albi:)

Paul

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Saturday hoping to go to Ile Sur Tet (The birthplace of French RL) along with a mountain hike to the house of the Germans with a frightening WW2 history, later a visit to a bar in the village of Mantet hosted by a big Dragons fan and later on my way home another tragic WW2 RL story which is hidden from public view.

Sunday France v Wales fun Albi:)

Paul

Please provide a full report of all of that !