Barrow/Batley/Miloudi

Miloudi facing a long ban (or reduced, long ban) for trying to pick a Bulldogs player off the deck ala Luke Gale.  

Inappropriate language used by Batley players against Miloudi and vice versa.  Both clubs appealing.

Been quite an incident.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Yeah, I thought that.  

The incident seemed chaos on the match thread.

There were a few rants on that match thread with not many if any directed at Miloudi for trying to pick up an injured player

Barrow club submitted an official complaint on Wednesday on behalf of Miloudi and their captain Jarrad Stack, who was sent to the sin bin, alleging that unacceptable language had been directed at Miloudi during the match and then again following the incident that led to his dismissal.

AND

Batley  have submitted two complaints for investigation by the RFL firstly of the same player feigning a head injury in the incident in an effort to deflect away from his own behaviour which resulted in his sending off.

Secondly an assault on our player James Meadows who was a substitute and off the field at the time as the same player was leaving the field having been sent off. 

13 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Will Miloudi face a shorter ban now everyone has moaned about them being too long?

Doubt it. That new direction is aimed at high tackles etc, whereas this would remain as dangerous behaviour.

Miloudi is on a grade F charge, facing an 8+ match ban. Other players sin-binned in the game have received no charge.

I think Jarrad Stack has been a bit lucky to escape with just the sin-binning, tbh. The disciplinary panel in the past has taken a dim view of a club captain arguing with the referee in what was a fairly heated situation. 

20 hours ago, JonM said:

Miloudi is on a grade F charge, facing an 8+ match ban. Other players sin-binned in the game have received no charge.

I think Jarrad Stack has been a bit lucky to escape with just the sin-binning, tbh. The disciplinary panel in the past has taken a dim view of a club captain arguing with the referee in what was a fairly heated situation. 

Gale only got 5 so let's see if the RFL disciplinary panel have learned the meaning of the word consistency.

22 hours ago, JonM said:

Given there were allegations of racial abuse then maybe the Ref acted approprierly in giving the Captain just a yellow and then the disciplinary panel likewise in not charging him. He's job is to try and help his team mates and explain the reason he believed or was told there was so much distress from the player. 

13 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Given there were allegations of racial abuse then maybe the Ref acted approprierly in giving the Captain just a yellow and then the disciplinary panel likewise in not charging him. He's job is to try and help his team mates and explain the reason he believed or was told there was so much distress from the player. 

Batley have issued a firm denial of any inappropriate language. 

39 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I refer you to a very famous quote by Mandy Rice Davies

I looked up the quote since I had not heard of it....very good one Bearman!

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Miloudi got an 8 match ban, the whole incident is still under investigation

The allegations made by both Barrow and Batley surrounding their fixture are being investigated by the RFL’s Compliance Department.

Archived