Match thread: Championship Rd 8. Featherstone Rovers v Barrow. Friday 15th April 2022.

Just now, POR said:

BUT it also includes Mcconnel who's allegedly on a two week loan at the rams 

sorry PH  my mistake got him mixed up with my trout🤣 but thought as we have sent ben M over there too he would  still on loan at donny 

3 minutes ago, POR said:

BUT it also includes Mcconnel who's allegedly on a two week loan at the rams 

McConnell has been on loan at Doncaster and the initial two-week period (which I think began around March 23rd) has expired, he played for them on Sunday (along with Mathiou) but has now presumably been recalled as the loan would have been on a week-to-week basis.

Kyle Trout is the one on loan at the Rams.

Every week I ask the younger members of my tribe to pick their team and once again they come up with all the usual suspects new fullback GG  back on the wing alongside craig and luke

Kopps to start with locky. coops and cuthbo on the bench

Because BM likes his starting number nine to do long minutes think it's connor's turn to do the double shift  matty on the bench

In the back row the'ave gone for Ben H  with Junior and Jack putting jesse and JD as subs 

Finally for joey replacement they picked Tom and Morgan in the halves with Ryley  at centre according  to them he can defend and compared to anyone else he's quicker and a better passer

12 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Would have thought something like

1. Kheirallah

2. Briscoe 

3. Hellewell 

4. Hall

5. Gale

6. Smith

7. Jacks 

8. Koppy 

9. Wilde

10. Lockwood

11. Davies 

12. Moores 

13 Bussey 

14 Jones

15 JSL

16 Cooper

17 Cuthbertson

That.s the team i picked only i had Cooper starting at 10 Locky in the 2nd row and Davies because he has been out a couple of weeks on the bench.Hellewell and Hall sound like a firm of solicitors or undertakers.

I think Mac nailed it in his interview this week when he said "it's one of those where, you're not sure what to expect when they come", to be honest you can say that about most teams in the league apart from Leigh. There is a big gulf between a lot of Championship teams at their best and at their worst (as we have found out ourselves this season notably against Batley).

If Barrow are close to their best then we'll have a real fight on our hands, if the effect of a tough game 5 days ago and cumulative injuries has an impact then it might be more straightforward for us. Most teams seem to have raised their game against us this year though and they will be itching to get a big scalp.

I also don't think today's game will have much bearing on the 1895 semi final.

Agree that the 17 listed by Cardypaul looks about right, just depends on who Mac wants to start with and who to come off the bench.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

That.s the team i picked only i had Cooper starting at 10 Locky in the 2nd row and Davies because he has been out a couple of weeks on the bench.Hellewell and Hall sound like a firm of solicitors or undertakers.

Solicitors lol.

Interesting line-up. Still no Sene-Lefao, Wildie at half back, Holmes on the bench. Cuthbo and Smith miss out, presumably rested after both have played big minutes lately.

Presumably the plan will be for Holmes to get a reasonable amount of playing time and Wildie to have a rest and then be available to come back on for Jones later.

Not the strongest-looking bench perhaps with Cooper, McConnell and Field but hopefully we can get the job done, probably going to be big minutes for our starting middles again.

6 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Ye not sure why you’d send middles out on loan then name a 17 that’s short of them against what is always a big barrow pack.

McConnell, Field and Cooper have all been regularly playing as middles, and only Trout is out on loan in that position. Not sure he'd make that much of a difference on recent performances tbh. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Mathiou? 

True. Is he match fit though, unlike the others? He's only played once for Donny hasn't he? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb