Match thread: Championship Rd 8. Featherstone Rovers v Barrow. Friday 15th April 2022.

Well i thought we would get in the 40's points but we did even better thanks to a very good 70 min display.We were a bit off the pace in the first 10 min of the second half and the Barrow forwards made 50m twice through the middle.Mac keeps us guessing with the line up but if it works why change.Thought Jacks was outstanding he is very strong when taking on the line and improves with every game.John Davis was a real plus in the pack his tackling as always first class and he played well in attack.So  on we go to Odsal Monday night.

Great performance from the whole team. 

Barrow were never given a sniff. Only points from a kick and hope.Try in the first 30 seconds and we bombed at least 5 tries if they had stuck well who knows what the score could have been

I reserved judgment on Ryley but wow what a player.

Can it get better than that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haskey said:

Barrow were never given a sniff. Only points from a kick and hope.Try in the first 30 seconds and we bombed at least 5 tries if they had stuck well who knows what the score could have been

First game where we really hit our straps. Barrow couldn't live with us tonight. Great performances all across the park..... this iscwhy I don't do MOM. That was a superb team performance. 

Great atmos too. Some life in the crowd

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, haskey said:

I was directly in line and they were all off side at the kick. 

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

First game where we really hit our straps. Barrow couldn't live with us tonight. Great performances all across the park..... this iscwhy I don't do MOM. That was a superb team performance. 

Great atmos too. Some life in the crowd

Yeah I said on the way out that it was the first time this season that we really clicked for any length of time.  We still wasted a few chances but can't complain with 58pts. Not sure what happened to change the atmosphere but the place was rockin' in the second half.  Probably would need us getting into SL before getting my belly out though.

Edited by RobLambert
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yeah I said on the way out that it was the first time this season that we really clicked for any length of time.  We still wasted a few chances but can't complain with 58pts. Not sure what happened to change the atmosphere but the place was rockin' in the second half.  Probably would need us getting into SL before getting my belly out though.

We would have to WIN SL to get mine out!

• Haha 2

Not family friendly. Told by a steward that the stand they've  been Kicked out of was closed due to spitting at the away players. Lovely.  Not great when they are stood up in front of you all game. Put them back in the section of stand where they usually are and police it propery. 

• Haha 1

Really good performance, Barrow looked and played like a team that had had a tough game 5 days before but you can only beat what's in front of you. Highlights how difficult it must be for the coaching staff to prepare players in the Championship because you don't know if you're getting the Barrow that gave Huddersfield a tough game or a completely different version, most teams have risen to the occasion when playing us this season but they were a long way below their best.

We deserve a lot of credit though because we never let them get any sort of foothold and our line speed in defence was much better than against Sheffield.

Thought Jacks and Kheirallah were the two standouts. Barrow's captain Jarrad Stack is a well-respected forward who must be 6'3" and 16 stone but Jacks brushed him aside one on one for both his first two tries, there isn't another half back in the division who could have done that.

Kheirallah just oozes quality and his creative skills contributed to several of our tries. Very difficult to argue that he hasn't already improved our team, as well as Pickersgill was playing.

• Like 1

As we thought Jacks is getting better each game he plays.He reminds me of Deryck Fox with his strength.Think the fact that Wildie played stand off and Holmes getting time on the field probably means we may have seen the last of Chizzy.We have cover at half back and full back so there does not seem anywhere for him to fit in.If he does move it would free some money up for later in the season.He has been good for us though and scored some important points.

22 hours ago, lingaro said:

Not family friendly. Told by a steward that the stand they've  been Kicked out of was closed due to spitting at the away players. Lovely.  Not great when they are stood up in front of you all game. Put them back in the section of stand where they usually are and police it propery. 

i would suggest them lads and lasses pay the same entrance fee as everyone else so they can sit or stand where the hellll they like, thats the attitude the club are trying to get rid of same seat in ground every week, same seat in the clubhouse local rugby for local people, spending nothing in the ground

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

My kids had to move because they couldn't see as the brains trust were stood up all game.  No consideration for anyone else.  Should I start on the language?  

We moved from our usual seats this weekend.

Where we sat v sheff in the family stand there were some young lads stood up. However, when I asked them to give me some space they duly obliged with no bother. 

So we moved to behind the sticks for fridays game. I didn't want the noise and to be mythered by suggy n bez after twelve pints and a pinch of snuff. The atmos generated by the stand was in my opinion, the best in ages and is more likely to prompt greater crowds amongst the younger element than owt. Moving didn't spoil my enjoyment of Friday.... I'm still buzzin.

It's a shame it affected your enjoyment. Almost all feedback on social media has been super positive. Folks are entitled to sit where they like, for now at least.

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

We moved from our usual seats.

Where we sat v sheff there were some young lads stood up. However, when I asked them to give me some space they duly obliged with no bother. 

So we moved to behind the sticks. I didn't want the noise of to be mythered by suggy n bez after twelve pints and a pinch of snuff. The atmos generated by the stand was in my opinion, the best in ages and is more likely to prompt greater crowds amongst the younger element than owt. Moving didn't spoil my enjoyment of Friday.... I'm still buzzin.

It's a shame it affected your enjoyment. Almost all feedback on social media has been super positive. Folks are entitled to sit where they like, for now at least.

If it weren't for them though it would probably feel like we were sat in a morgue. They instill enthusiasm into us older ones though we can't keep standing up if we love the Fev😊 Remember atmosphere like that does inspire the players. The Aussies don't get much of that in their crowds and they love it. Fevs crowds are building nicely and this sort of atmosphere does attract young uns. Language is often unsavoury but having said that you know what to expect at every ground. Rugby and Soccer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

If it weren't for them though it would probably feel like we were sat in a morgue. They instill enthusiasm into us older ones though we can't keep standing up if we love the Fev😊 Remember atmosphere like that does inspire the players. The Aussies don't get much of that in their crowds and they love it. Fevs crowds are building nicely and this sort of atmosphere does attract young uns. Language is often unsavoury but having said that you know what to expect at every ground. Rugby and Soccer.

Agreed on all points Phil. I'm still buzzin from Friday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

My kids had to move because they couldn't see as the brains trust were stood up all game.  No consideration for anyone else.  Should I start on the language?  

There is a very good library open every Sunday in ropergate ponte