Match thread: Championship Rd 8. Featherstone Rovers v Barrow. Friday 15th April 2022.

marklaspalmas

The old threepenny stand at The Boulevard was a joy to behold.HUll FC supporters didn't welcome away fans because it was built by donations from home supporters.Hence the name people contributed from threepence upwards.I stood in the Bullock stand with my daughter when she was about 10 upwards and that was buzzing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

If it weren't for them though it would probably feel like we were sat in a morgue. They instill enthusiasm into us older ones though we can't keep standing up if we love the Fev😊 Remember atmosphere like that does inspire the players. The Aussies don't get much of that in their crowds and they love it. Fevs crowds are building nicely and this sort of atmosphere does attract young uns. Language is often unsavoury but having said that you know what to expect at every ground. Rugby and Soccer.

Absolutely spot on 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

We moved from our usual seats this weekend.

Where we sat v sheff in the family stand there were some young lads stood up. However, when I asked them to give me some space they duly obliged with no bother. 

So we moved to behind the sticks for fridays game. I didn't want the noise and to be mythered by suggy n bez after twelve pints and a pinch of snuff. The atmos generated by the stand was in my opinion, the best in ages and is more likely to prompt greater crowds amongst the younger element than owt. Moving didn't spoil my enjoyment of Friday.... I'm still buzzin.

It's a shame it affected your enjoyment. Almost all feedback on social media has been super positive. Folks are entitled to sit where they like, for now at least.

Post of the year so far. 100%.

I was in the same position myself a few months ago sat in the end section of the Family Stand next to the Stable when a score or more of the Ultras/Lunatics suddenly converged around us. My ten year old son and I were conspicuous and I felt more comfortable moving. Everyone was more than polite in allowing our passage.

Yes there will be a few nutters in the group. That's entirely normal.

For me on Friday they created a febrile atmosphere which our players thrived on. They upped their game directly as a result. You could see it on their faces and demonstrated further by Jacks's video selfie purposely posing with the bare chested brigade directly behind.

All supporters near me were smiling and enjoying the show off as well as on the field.

My only regret is that I am about 40 years too old to join the fun.

3 minutes ago, lingaro said:

That wasn't the point.  The point is why should I have to move my family because they can't see the game for God's sake.  Not one comment about the spitting at away players. Conveniently ignored by all. 

Enjoy your weekend. It's way too nice for confrontation. It's a big enough ground to find a happy medium. All that have wanted to have found good seats where we like. Stay happy.

1 minute ago, lingaro said:

That wasn't the point.  The point is why should I have to move my family because they can't see the game for God's sake.  Not one comment about the spitting at away players. Conveniently ignored by all. 

Probably because this definitely didn’t happen no players where spat on . It’s not all about you like other people said there’s plenty of places to sit in the ground like the main stand 

9 minutes ago, lingaro said:

you dont have to thats the point, you pay the same in as anyone else same as them you can sit or stand were you want

2 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

Was belting on Friday. Brilliant performance and great atmosphere.

Little but confused as to people not liking the section of the crowd that gets everyone bouncing. If they don’t like it then don’t sit there? 

Or, do we all need to stay seated and not make a sound? The players would love that am sure.

Love the Ford signing. Just hope we carry the momentum from Barrow forward as it was the best performance since Leigh.

The players DID love it, the Aussie players said its not like that in Aussie games and really helped the players on.

It makes me laugh people moaning about the noise I remember making the bullock shed rock intimidating the opposition oh happy days so I say the more noise the merrier just remember not to cross a line to put the club on the RFL's naughty step🤣

Some have said they pay the same so can come and sit anywhere well YES and NO 

YES get yourselves in but I would give them a designated area where the club tells them that's where you go every match and you don't move until you feel you're too old  to join in  🧑‍🦯

Personally I would give them the end section of the family  stand closest to post office road so you can have a set of steps between them and the disgruntled fans on the forum😭

I would tell them that's yours and you can deck it out how you want banners flags go in the stand and MAKE SOME NOISE:kolobok_wild:

g

52 minutes ago, POR said:

It makes me laugh people moaning about the noise I remember making the bullock shed rock intimidating the opposition oh happy days so I say the more noise the merrier just remember not to cross a line to put the club on the RFL's naughty step🤣

Some have said they pay the same so can come and sit anywhere well YES and NO 

YES get yourselves in but I would give them a designated area where the club tells them that's where you go every match and you don't move until you feel you're too old  to join in  🧑‍🦯

Personally I would give them the end section of the family  stand closest to post office road so you can have a set of steps between them and the disgruntled fans on the forum😭

I would tell them that's yours and you can deck it out how you want banners flags go in the stand and MAKE SOME NOISE:kolobok_wild:

g

This is a very good idea it solves the problem people if they want to jump up and down and make noise to create the atmosphere can go join in . Those who want to sit in a seat and watch the game and discuss the game with fellow like fans can do do , best of both worlds . I have no issue with the Friday night atmosphere I thought it was good clean natured fun , but I do and would have an issue if I was sat with my elderly father who could not see the game for those wanting to stand in a seating area . 

8 hours ago, POR said:

I believe that's why they've occupied the area they now use! It's the area that's been suggested they use..... so suggy informs me.

They generate an atmos. Its infectious, particularly with the younger supporters. I'm loving it.

Archived