Chisholm joins Keighley

and Trout is loaned out to Dewsbury
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/loan-moves-for-chisholm-and-trout-JrJfE/

Think that's a good chunk of our squad on loan now - McConnell and Mathiou at Doncaster, can't remember if anything has been said about Holmes returning to Sheffield.

Makes sense to get them game time, though with Chisholm out of contract at the end of the season you wonder if/when we'll see him in a Fev shirt again.

Edited by marklaspalmas
changed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

with Chisholm out of contract at the end of the season you wonder if/when we'll see him in a Fev shirt again.

THINK that will depend on

1 what league we're in  is he SL ready 

2 the other half backs we sign/keep    jacks and smith and

3 who will be our coach BM or ?

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

Could it be all these players being shipped out due to a big money arrival? Is there trouble in the camp and BM is clearing out the trouble?

who knows?

They're not being shipped out, they've gone out on loan. Our arrangement with Leeds seems to have come to an end so there is nowhere for our non-selected players to play. Not every promotion-seeking team is running with a skeleton squad and filling the gaps with DR imports in the first half of the season...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They're not being shipped out, they've gone out on loan. Our arrangement with Leeds seems to have come to an end so there is nowhere for our non-selected players to play. Not every promotion-seeking team is running with a skeleton squad and filling the gaps with DR imports in the first half of the season...

Yes.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Has the reserves arrangement come to an end, or is it just felt that loans mean playing at a higher standard in most cases? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Think we should be grateful that we are in a position to be able to do this and give players some game time. No different to when we were borrowing players prior to this season

• Like 2

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Has the reserves arrangement come to an end, or is it just felt that loans mean playing at a higher standard in most cases? 

Actually I'm not sure if it has come to an end but the Leeds reserve team which played last night included I think four York players, including experienced first-teamers such as Jacob Ogden and Sam Davis, so on the face of it it looks like they have replaced us as Leeds' DR partners.

The reserves fixtures are quite sporadic (Leeds have only two in the next seven weeks) and are a bit of a mish-mash of players with plenty of U18s playing apparently so maybe we decided to go in another direction, I don't know.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Actually I'm not sure if it has come to an end but the Leeds reserve team which played last night included I think four York players, including experienced first-teamers such as Jacob Ogden and Sam Davis, so on the face of it it looks like they have replaced us as Leeds' DR partners.

The reserves fixtures are quite sporadic (Leeds have only two in the next seven weeks) and are a bit of a mish-mash of players with plenty of U18s playing apparently so maybe we decided to go in another direction, I don't know.

It was announced that our dual reg had come to an end with Leeds 

• Like 2

Im Fev and im proud

11 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

It was announced that our dual reg had come to an end with Leeds 

Fev players have played for Leeds reserves since that announcement however. Has that arrangement now ended as well, or is it simply that we're not currently utilising it?

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Fev players have played for Leeds reserves since that announcement however. Has that arrangement now ended as well, or is it simply that we're not currently utilising it?

No idea on that, but like I said it makes sense to let our players not getting game time to play elsewhere, it’s hurting no one. 

• Like 3

Im Fev and im proud

1 minute ago, Maureen T-k said:

No idea on that, but like I said it makes sense to let our players not getting game time to play elsewhere, it’s hurting no one. 

I think we're in agreement on that. 😉

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Off the top of my head I can't remember too many cases of our (established) players being loaned out due to effectively being dropped and it ending well in terms of their time with us.  Not happy with this at all. Seems to me that either Jacks is a much better match winner than what I've seen so far or we've just shot ourselves in the foot - or feet.

Let's suggest neither Jacks nor Chizzy play with us at the moment, but both are rumoured, with a view that they help us get promoted and stay next year. Who would we rather sign? 

Jacks: 48 NRL appearances, all since 2017. Current age, 29.

Chizzy: 1 NRL appearance, in 2011. Current age 31.

I'll accept my info is from Wikipedia so isn't necessarily accurate, however as much as I've loved watching Chizzy over the last couple of seasons, I'm very aware of rose tinted glasses here. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Some very valid points made in this debate and lots of passion.

My take for what it’s worth is that our best half back pairing is Chisholm and Jacks. We need to play them together week in week out and play them into form as a pairing. Slight teething troubles won’t cost us matches. That means Smith is not in the 17 but absolutely first reserve.

Also Connor Jones needs to come on after 25 mins not 65.

I think the situation with Kyle Trout is interesting. When we signed some players after Big Mac joined he made comments about their quality about others he didn’t. He never spoke about Trout. So who signed Trout? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

My take for what it’s worth is that our best half back pairing is Chisholm and Jacks. We need to play them together week in week out and play them into form as a pairing. Slight teething troubles won’t cost us matches. That means Smith is not in the 17 but absolutely first reserve.

I think the situation with Kyle Trout is interesting. When we signed some players after Big Mac joined he made comments about their quality about others he didn’t. He never spoke about Trout. So who signed Trout? 

Why drop Smith ? He's playing well!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Interesting since we had that half back pairing in the only league game we've dropped points in.....

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Why drop Smith ? He's playing well!

This is the dilemma.  If you include wildie as an option we have 6 half backs. That gives us fifteen possible parings. 

The coach needs to settle on his main two plus two 9s. No coach needs to be rotating his halves.

That makes it hard currently on holmes chisholm and Gill who is injured. 

I've read so many times chiz should play but no commitment as to who would make way for him. At least Rob made his point that in his opinion chiz is a better half the jacks. Its his due opinion. There are other opinions and we're all entitled to express them. 

I'll judge come the seasons end. If we get across the line, job's sorted.

It'll be reight.

• Like 1

Sending Chisholm to London, is not like sending him to say Dewsbury or Halifax. London is 200 miles away . Does he do this 400 mile round trip , say 3 time a week and then the match, maybe at Whitehaven or in London itself. Does he have a full time job outside of Rugby ? 

Logically it makes sense to give him game time but it must be a logical nightmare for Chisholm and his family.

Comments welcome.

• Like 2

Just now, haskey said:

Sending Chisholm to London, is not like sending him to say Dewsbury or Halifax. London is 200 miles away . Does he do this 400 mile round trip , say 3 time a week and then the match, maybe at Whitehaven or in London itself. Does he have a full time job outside of Rugby ? 

Logically it makes sense to give him game time but it must be a logical nightmare for Chisholm and his family.

Comments welcome.

I wouldn't have thought we'd have forced him to go, he'd have been given the choice. I have no knowledge to be certain on that though. 

I don't believe he does work FT, other than possibly in the club community dept. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

40 minutes ago, haskey said:

Comments welcome.

I'am surprised he hasn't gone with Trout to Dewsbury seems more logical but what do we know lol.

• Like 2