Chisholm joins Keighley

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Are fax still dual regging players Pete.... I'm not fishing for a bite. Genuine question. 

We've got a half hearted two way deal with shuddersfield. Last week we sent them better players for 'their' reserve team than they sent us❗I'm not joking. 🙄

12 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

This is the dilemma.  If you include wildie as an option we have 6 half backs. That gives us fifteen possible parings. 

The coach needs to settle on his main two plus two 9s. No coach needs to be rotating his halves.

That makes it hard currently on holmes chisholm and Gill who is injured. 

I've read so many times chiz should play but no commitment as to who would make way for him. At least Rob made his point that in his opinion chiz is a better half the jacks. Its his due opinion. There are other opinions and we're all entitled to express them. 

I'll judge come the seasons end. If we get across the line, job's sorted.

It'll be reight.

For me Jacks has definitely improved but not seen enough from him yet to get rid of Chizzy.  I do wonder how the bring back Chizzy club membership will increase if / when we have our next underwhelming performance.  Accepted that Chizzy played in the Batley draw but he looked like he was sticking to a no off the cuff plan that day.  Wakey were hammered today but they kept Wigan out for a long period due to a great kicking game. Two 40\20's and numerous drop outs forced. I was thinking which of our half backs have shown they can do that.

Interesting that Wildie is still considered as a half back option.  I actually think he is more of a midfield general tyoe halfback than our other options. He's played quite a few games for us there in the past and I thought he was good for us but ironically took a bit of the blame for us not making the play-offs when deputusing along with Thacks for the injured Holmes and Riddy.

Your concerns are my concerns too Rob. I think Chizzy had been stifled at Batley by the present structure both he and Jacks were almost playing like a mirror image with straight up in the air kicks etc. The present two half backs have skills of their own but the ones I am missing are the off the cuff plays. The crafty interceptions and 80 metre runs and kicks out wide to Hall etc.  Smith is excellent in defence and his toe kicks have defences panicking on the try line. Jacks is now taking the line on and looks quality when he does. As for Holmes his cut out passes were sometimes sublime. We all have favourites and Chizzy is mine but at the end of the day the coach is answerable to results and like you I just wonder if at the end of the day that Fev might rue not having an off the cuff playmaker. We will have to wait and see because it is a fine line we tread having so many skilful options on the side lines. One aim is Super League I suppose and the coach has been brought in specially to carry this out.

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

One aim is Super League I suppose and the coach has been brought in specially to carry this out.

And there's the rub phil. He is proven at getting teams across the line, at this level and at SL.

He has a system he works to. A system he has faith in and believes works. He has to have players who buy into that system otherwise it fails.

I like chizzy. I enjoy watching him play. He fits the bill for many of the brethren. 

However, the coach currently prefers the current incumbents who I'm also happy with. I'll judge him after the play offs/final assuming we get there. I really wouldn't mind mac boring me to victory all the way to superleague if it got the job done.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

And there's the rub phil. He is proven at getting teams across the line, at this level and at SL.

He has a system he works to. A system he has faith in and believes works. He has to have players who buy into that system otherwise it fails.

I like chizzy. I enjoy watching him play. He fits the bill for many of the brethren. 

However, the coach currently prefers the current incumbents who I'm also happy with. I'll judge him after the play offs/final assuming we get there. I really wouldn't mind mac boring me to victory all the way to superleague if it got the job done.

You make sense Robin. It can only go two ways.Its sport and it's Fev and it lightens up anything else that's going off in the world. Roll on Friday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

You make sense Robin. It can only go two ways.Its sport and it's Fev and it lightens up anything else that's going off in the world. Roll on Friday

Oh aye it does. I enjoy batting stuff like this about with like minded souls, particularly when I'm on leave for the first time since November with the intention of doing nowt but exercise, rest and talking sheeite for a week.🤣🤣

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Haha 3

Chizzy is a match winner, but he's also error prone and can also take the wrong option, which means there's more chance of slipping up and losing matches we should win. It looks like we've got either the best or second best side in the league, even without Chizzy, so are the other two the safest option? If we are underdogs, however, Chizzy is the man who could overturn the odds.....Let's see what Sammutt does for Barrow on Friday?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Oh aye it does. I enjoy batting stuff like this about with like minded souls, particularly when I'm on leave for the first time since November with the intention of doing nowt but exercise, rest and talking sheeite for a week.🤣🤣

I like that bit - INTENTION.

Edited by Fevrover

On 10/04/2022 at 17:38, jamescolin said:

Sad to see Chisholm on loan. But we have a first class coach so I feel we should go along with his decisions

Poor Chisholm going from class coach to the complete opposite- reckon he would do better as the player coach at LB! But if Big Mac don’t fancy him he has to go!

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Chisholm scored a try and kicked 6 goals today for London so he obviously hasn't gone to Keighley yet. Good luck to him which ever club he go's to.

True he got MOM and bronco's fan's are begging club to get him for rest of season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, POR said:

True he got MOM and bronco's fan's are begging club to get him for rest of season

2 minutes ago, POR said:

Can't blame em can yer ?