James Maloney caught doping

Personally, I think a party drug positive should only incur a wrap on the knuckles/few game ban.

Something longer than 4-6 games strikes me as harsh, but so many people lump in all drugs together. Poor Rangi Chase copped a big ban after being popped for recreational usage.

That's probably a controversial thing to opine, but it's my view (as someone who has never used drugs).

12 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Personally, I think a party drug positive should only incur a wrap on the knuckles/few game ban.

Something longer than 4-6 games strikes me as harsh, but so many people lump in all drugs together. Poor Rangi Chase copped a big ban after being popped for recreational usage.

That's probably a controversial thing to opine, but it's my view (as someone who has never used drugs).

Its not being punished because it is recreational, it is because it also has the effect of being performance enhancing. A side effect in the circumstances it is normally used yes, but an effect nonetheless.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its not being punished because it is recreational, it is because it also has the effect of being performance enhancing. A side effect in the circumstances it is normally used yes, but an effect nonetheless.

Andrew Johns knows all about being perked up with a sniff pre-game, haha...

I really regard it in a similar light to caffeine tablets and the like, if I'm being honest.

6 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I really regard it in a similar light to caffeine tablets and the like, if I'm being honest.

And when a player with coke in their system loses it in a game and displays the hyper aggression that results in another Alex McKinnon?

When you go on a field you trust both yours team mates and your opponents to not put you in danger. Can't trust someone with coke in their system to do that. 

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And when a player with coke in their system loses it in a game and displays the hyper aggression that results in another Alex McKinnon?

When you go on a field you trust both yours team mates and your opponents to not put you in danger. Can't trust someone with coke in their system to do that. 

I haven't heard any evidence that Jordan McLean used drugs before that game.

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I haven't heard any evidence that Jordan McLean used drugs before that game.

He didn't, and a player was still paralysed. That's the point. Its already dangerous without cokeheads running around.

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yeah basically the same. Well except one being a class A illegal drug of which the supply chain which gets it into the UK/France being a chain of gang violence and/or modern slavery. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

48 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Yeah basically the same. Well except one being a class A illegal drug of which the supply chain which gets it into the UK/France being a chain of gang violence and/or modern slavery. 

Those Kenco(Nescafé salesmen can be pretty ruthless I’ve heard.

I don’t think coke would be a reliable performance enhancer, but it’s a horrible little drug and I think the bans reflect the fact they have a responsibility by being in the public eye.

6 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Don't want to get us dragged into the politics board but obviously if it was legal that supply chain would not exist.

We need to speak about it in terms of its use and actual effect rather than the current conditions which are based on it currently being a class A drug. 

It's also irrelevent because he did it in France which I believe incurs a minor fine. It's not a class A drug there. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

9 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I've never taken any drugs, never smoked and have to be in a bad way to take any pain killers, I'm totally against drug taking.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

11 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Don't want to get us dragged into the politics board but obviously if it was legal that supply chain would not exist.

We need to speak about it in terms of its use and actual effect rather than the current conditions which are based on it currently being a class A drug. 

It's also irrelevent because he did it in France which I believe incurs a minor fine. It's not a class A drug there. 

You don't get banned from sport because it's an 'illegal' drug but because it's a prohibited substance (classed as a stimulant by WADA when detected 'in competition'). However, if sample analysis shows that it has probably been taken recreationally the punishment is almost invariably reduced from the minimum tariff of a 4 year ban. Detection 'out of competition' incurs only the wrath of the athlete's local sport's governing body and/or club (and possibly interest from the drug squad) not sport anti-doping authorities. 

20 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I reckon it depends whether it was one wrap or two wraps eh 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Zero tolerance ZERO. These guys are meant to be looked on a rôle models and should be setting a good example. Players learn to control their aggression on the pitch, exercising self control in the toughest of tackles, severest provocation. They should do the same off the pitch, alcohol, drugs, etc etc. Their playing careers are short. It should not be too much to order them to control themselves if only for a few years. If they are not prepared to sign up to that, they should go and play rugby union or become actors or musicians, for example.

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Zero tolerance ZERO. These guys are meant to be looked on a rôle models and should be setting a good example. Players learn to control their aggression on the pitch, exercising self control in the toughest of tackles, severest provocation. They should do the same off the pitch, alcohol, drugs, etc etc. Their playing careers are short. It should not be too much to order them to control themselves if only for a few years. If they are not prepared to sign up to that, they should go and play rugby union or become actors or musicians, for example.

They’re doing a job, if people want to see them as role models that’s fine but they aren’t contracted to set a good example in their life, just to play rugby league. If they’re using a non-performance enhancing recreational drug (weed for example) then why ban them any more than doing so for having a few pints? If they’re doing something illegal then the law can deal with it. 

I think the reason his career has spanned Melbourne, Warriors, Roosters, Cronulla, Penrith, Catalans now Limoux shows that he has a lifespan where you get the best of Maloney and you probably then stop putting up with the other stuff. 

He hasn't learned with age that's for sure.

Archived