Newcastle at home on Saturday.

spanishknight

40 minutes ago, BridKnight said:

At least we won’t go into Administration if that happens! 😜

It is the same as Georgeb1 said yesterday to us , i REALLY DON'T mean it lol. And wish the Knights the best of luck.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Wouldn't it be funny if you get top two and blow it!

Getting closer to you by each game , pressures all on you big spenders, we're just the little fish that might spoil your party, see you at p.o.r. later in the season .

• Like 2

After the big two, Knights are looking good for third. Young Edwards is a class act - though not quite sure what happened with his interception? Did he just drop it? Still I’d rather he did it in this game than if we were two points behind Leigh or Fev with a few minutes to go. Knights barely had to get out of second gear. Maybe Newcastle are a decent side, but it’s hard to tell with half their team seemingly always absent? 

8 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

After the big two, Knights are looking good for third. Young Edwards is a class act - though not quite sure what happened with his interception? Did he just drop it? Still I’d rather he did it in this game than if we were two points behind Leigh or Fev with a few minutes to go. Knights barely had to get out of second gear. Maybe Newcastle are a decent side, but it’s hard to tell with half their team seemingly always absent? 

There's no hiding away from how poor we were last night. You guys fully deserved your victory.

As for us yes we've been unlucky with injuries but can't keep using that as an excuse. As we'll never have a fully fit squad to choose from.

Hopefully we'll be more competitive against you at Headingley!

• Like 2

Another very comfortable win against a full time side who were expected to be up there at the start of the season. For me, it’s not so much about the opposition, but more about how we played. The evidence is there that we are really starting to click as a team with some superb showings. Well done to Jubby, it was lovely seeing him getting his award and a great touch by the club, to celebrate such achievements. Oh, and one more thing, I thought the vocal support from the fans was top notch. You did yourselves proud. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Some really good results you are putting together. Looking forward to watching tye highlights.

How did Levi go? Any try involvments?

Get your self over on Sunday and see for yourself .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Getting closer to you by each game , pressures all on you big spenders, we're just the little fish that might spoil your party, see you at p.o.r. later in the season .

Little fish lol, have you seen the size and population of York ( my favourite city bar none) and Fev. If we don't go up again! i would love Knights to go up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Some really good results you are putting together. Looking forward to watching tye highlights.

How did Levi go? Any try involvments?

He was awful, you wouldn't want him back. Can we keep him? 😁

Had a great game again. A key part in a couple of tries, solid in defence, always a threat when he gets rhe ball and has a hell of hand off. He's obviously worked hard to learn the Knights plays and he looks like he's been in the squad from day one. 

But yes, you should come across and take a look for yourself. There's some great rugby happening in the Championship this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JonT said:

He was awful, you wouldn't want him back. Can we keep him? 😁

Had a great game again. A key part in a couple of tries, solid in defence, always a threat when he gets rhe ball and has a hell of hand off. He's obviously worked hard to learn the Knights plays and he looks like he's been in the squad from day one. 

But yes, you should come across and take a look for yourself. There's some great rugby happening in the Championship this year.

I would love to if i was more local, im 3hrs drive away, struggle to get to many Leeds games these days with Work and the distance. Was planning to go to your Worky away game last week but work ruined them plans.

Pleased to hear Levis playing so well..Errrm poorly. Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I thought the energy and determination levels from the Knights last night was brilliant and the main difference between the two sides. Newcastle certainly didn't look a bad side and I wouldn't have used the word "poor" to describe them at all. In my book that ignores how good the Knights were. I hope O'hagan is ok as I thought it was quite ominous that he went off with nearly half an hour left to play but on the plus side it was good to see Teanby come back on after his head knock assessment must have been clear.

• Like 3

So many good performances....Marsh as consistent as always, Edwards played well (can’t believe he dropped it!), I loved watching Brown/Glover they really combined well and looked so assured. AJ had a great game. O’Hagan looked at his best marshalling the players round, doubt any Newcastle player touched him, typical Aussie halfback performance. Harris nippy and kept Newcastle guessing. I thought Matongo looked most improved player from the start of the season, early on he looked a bit halfhearted now he’s using his size. Pauli did well in his stints. Dixon/Teanby added plenty energy when they came on. Kirmond and Thompson showed why if ex SL players have the right attitude and intensity they are excellent at this level.

Have I missed anyone? Oh yes Jubb, great game, here’s to another 100 matches.

Any ideas on the attendance? I reckon 1700/1800. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I thought the energy and determination levels from the Knights last night was brilliant and the main difference between the two sides. Newcastle certainly didn't look a bad side and I wouldn't have used the word "poor" to describe them at all. In my book that ignores how good the Knights were. I hope O'hagan is ok as I thought it was quite ominous that he went off with nearly half an hour left to play but on the plus side it was good to see Teanby come back on after his head knock assessment must have been clear.

The main thing I noticed watching Newcastle was how knackered they looked. I know they got through a lot of tackling but after 20 minutes they looked exhausted, I don’t think I’ve seen a side look that tired since we were beating West Wales Raiders who couldn’t even field a starting 13. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

So many good performances....Marsh as consistent as always, Edwards played well (can’t believe he dropped it!), I loved watching Brown/Glover they really combined well and looked so assured. AJ had a great game. O’Hagan looked at his best marshalling the players round, doubt any Newcastle player touched him, typical Aussie halfback performance. Harris nippy and kept Newcastle guessing. I thought Matongo looked most improved player from the start of the season, early on he looked a bit halfhearted now he’s using his size. Pauli did well in his stints. Dixon/Teanby added plenty energy when they came on. Kirmond and Thompson showed why if ex SL players have the right attitude and intensity they are excellent at this level.

Have I missed anyone? Oh yes Jubb, great game, here’s to another 100 matches.

Any ideas on the attendance? I reckon 

I agree with all that plus Clarkson ran his blood to water!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clarence Street said:

I agree with all that plus Clarkson ran his blood to water!

Yep another solid game, he’s another who after a slow start to his Knights career has improved, can now see why he’s captain.

• Like 3

Its fair to say, both Newcastle and Widnes only played as well as the Knights let them, but having said that I thought they both looked void of ideas, and I'll be surprised, if those games are a benchmark, if either of them make the play offs. There are much tougher games ahead for the Knights, but it looks to me as if we are more than ready. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

Think Fordy took O'Hagan off because the game was already won and not to risk any injuries, we're nearly a third of the way through the season and there's bigger games to come.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think Fordy took O'Hagan off because the game was already won and not to risk any injuries, we're nearly a third of the way through the season and there's bigger games to come.

Spot on, and Fordy said as much after the game -

"...I started influencing it by taking players off and chopping and changing.

“That wasn’t the best thing to do for today’s outcome and the scoreline. But it was the best thing to do in terms of next week and the week after.”

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/20074183.york-city-knights-most-improved-team-since-round-one/

• Like 2

Think the scoreline flattered thunder could have easily had 50 points,again a lot of positives to be taken from the performance and PP looks fitter and contributing more to the team than a month ago.

• Like 1