Challenge Cup Final 2022 - train issues

Used Avanti to travel London-Manchester on a weekend a few weeks ago. If there was a window when Advance tickets were available then I missed it. It was only variations on standard returns that were offered to me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I got the train to and from London for the Tyson Fury fight at the weekend and coming home on Sunday was chaos! Numerous cancellations and the trains that did go were busting at the seems. It was much the same Saturday evening after the fight trying to get away from Wembley itself. 

It’s put me off going on the train to this one and we’ll drive or get the coach instead. 

11 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I got the train to and from London for the Tyson Fury fight at the weekend and coming home on Sunday was chaos! Numerous cancellations and the trains that did go were busting at the seems. It was much the same Saturday evening after the fight trying to get away from Wembley itself. 

It’s put me off going on the train to this one and we’ll drive or get the coach instead. 

Give @GUBRATS a shout, sure he's running a coach 

On 17/04/2022 at 19:50, Jughead said:

Carlisle to Glasgow, Glasgow to Stansted on a plane, Stansted Express into London either on the Friday or Saturday depending on where you want to stay and then do all of that in reverse on the Sunday. 

Think it's Prestwick to Stanstead.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Only if he can park outside the players entrance 😉

Last week I got a reply to the email I sent to Tottenham , nearly 3 weeks after it was sent 

It said , contact the RFL , which is interesting as the reason I contacted Spurs , was that's what the RFL told me to do when I emailed them in the first place 😂

Edited by GUBRATS

Train issues on Cup Final day - nothing changes.

100 years ago today the train carrying Rochdale Hornets fans to Headingley for the Northern Union Cup Final was delayed.  The fans didnt arrive at the ground until half time.  Two bits of good news - they were allowed in for free (this is in Yorkshire!) and Hornets won the cup for the only time.

14 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Last train out of Euston for me is 6.30pm - so I'm not going. First miss (apart from 2020 of course) since 2000 at Murrayfield

Wonderful things trains , more train stations are needed 😂

• Haha 1