New signings

havenhater

What's the obsession with an overseas signing? Honestly couldn't care less if they come from Sydney or Salterbeck, Melbourne or Moss Bay (Prefer Moss Bay if I'm being honest) if they do the job then they'll do for me. 

Surely we've been stung enough times in the past to put us off going down that route again? 

Fitzsimmons or Fifita? 

Henson or Horton? 

I know which I prefer. 

UTT 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Town Army said:

What's the obsession with an overseas signing? Honestly couldn't care less if they come from Sydney or Salterbeck, Melbourne or Moss Bay (Prefer Moss Bay if I'm being honest) if they do the job then they'll do for me. 

Surely we've been stung enough times in the past to put us off going down that route again? 

Fitzsimmons or Fifita? 

Henson or Horton? 

I know which I prefer. 

UTT 

The supporters will only be told what both the club and the coach want the supporters to know, and its been like that for years, do people actually think that out of all the rumours that circulate a few of them do not have any substance, 

16 hours ago, Townie987 said:

I heard the problem with Singleton is fitness and attitude and not taking kindly to being told 

If that's the reason the fair enough,  but it's about time we were officially informed why one of our better players hasn't been playing recently and is now going down the road.🤔

10 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If that's the reason the fair enough,  but it's about time we were officially informed why one of our better players hasn't been playing recently and is now going down the road.🤔

If you had been underperfoming at work and then sacked your boss or company would or should not post this all over social media the club will be tied to what they can officially inform the fans 

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Dont think we need to be officially informed on anything. I like Pez, but theres competition for places and if he isnt pulling up trees in training, he wont be picked. Its up to him how he reacts to that decision. One thing is clear, is that Chris is honest, fair and a quality coach. If he thinks letting pez go out on loan for game time, or selecting others on match day benefits the team. I trust his judgement

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Dont think we need to be officially informed on anything. I like Pez, but theres competition for places and if he isnt pulling up trees in training, he wont be picked. Its up to him how he reacts to that decision. One thing is clear, is that Chris is honest, fair and a quality coach. If he thinks letting pez go out on loan for game time, or selecting others on match day benefits the team. I trust his judgement

Not doubting Chris for one minute, I trust his judgement 100%, but would be good to hear his views rather than the rumour mills. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Not doubting Chris for one minute, I trust his judgement 100%, but would be good to hear his views rather than the rumour mills. 

People hear Chris views all the time, but he will only tell you what he and the club want you to know, fact, the club never say that the issues have happened between the club and a player.

16 hours ago, Town Army said:

Fitzsimmons or Fifita? 

Henson or Horton? 

I know which I prefer. 

UTT 

Agree with you but on the other hand you could have also compared with JT  and Limmer  which would be a tad closer?

2 minutes ago, JMB said:

People hear Chris views all the time, but he will only tell you what he and the club want you to know, fact, the club never say that the issues have happened between the club and a player.

If you had a issue at work would you agree for the company to address the public about it?? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, town2018 said:

If you had a issue at work would you agree for the company to address the public about it?? 

Do people pay to come in and watch him work ? If they did they may wonder where he’d gone if he wasn’t there 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, town2018 said:

So you are saying that the people who are paying their employees wages should not have a reasonable explanation why so many employees are ether leaving or not working when available, yes every one cant play at once,

but when long spells go by and not a sign of them ? then you also have the other side of the coin, or is it actually their fault or is it the managements fault (coach / management) always two sides to a story. Its always hard to get a happy medium but this has been a ongoing problem at the club for a couple of seasons.    

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Does any club do that? 

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

From what I’ve been told, the club did everything to keep pez. So it’s nothing to do with game time etc… this is a breakdown between player and coach. 

21 hours ago, Townie987 said:

I heard the problem with Singleton is fitness and attitude and not taking kindly to being told 

Funny that the club didn’t want him to leave if this was the case…

2 hours ago, Town67 said:

Funny that the club didn’t want him to leave if this was the case…

If pez wasnt doing enough to get in the team, he should have been spoken to privately by the coach asking what if any problems he has, then say sorry but your not putting enough in to make the team at present, you have to show you still want to play for the club, give him a time to improve, if nothing changes release him, or if you are unable to  because of his contract he then sits on the side line until his contract is up,  or he asks to be released,  we won't know what is actually going on anyway.

8 minutes ago, JMB said:

If pez wasnt doing enough to get in the team, he should have been spoken to privately by the coach asking what if any problems he has, then say sorry but your not putting enough in to make the team at present, you have to show you still want to play for the club, give him a time to improve, if nothing changes release him, or if you are unable to  because of his contract he then sits on the side line until his contract is up,  or he asks to be released,  we won't know what is actually going on anyway.

I agree and I know he hasn’t been up for selection due to not training 

16 hours ago, Town67 said:

From what I’ve been told, the club did everything to keep pez. So it’s nothing to do with game time etc… this is a breakdown between player and coach. 

I've been a fan of Pez since he came to the club, I even helped sponsor him a couple of years ago, I think he's a quality player who hit a run of poor form. I hope he gets his appetite back for the game whether he comes back to us or not. Good luck Pez, & welcome to Town Glenn.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Nero said:

I've been a fan of Pez since he came to the club, I even helped sponsor him a couple of years ago, I think he's a quality player who hit a run of poor form. I hope he gets his appetite back for the game whether he comes back to us or not. Good luck Pez, & welcome to Town Glenn.

I always thought he was a terrific defender and an attacking runner ...at centre and could never understand why he was used as a battering ram.

On a happier note, i see Sammut is playing for Malta on Saturday night so won't be in the Barrow area on Sunday afternoon.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah I've always rated him too. Can't remember who it was against but he had an unusually bad game a few weeks ago and that was that. The Sellafield crack ( because there are no secrets in the Millom area) was that he and Chris had words following that game and Pez reacted badly to it. Like I say it's all hearsay but probably some truth in it. Hope the lad gets the fire back in his belly and they patch up their differences as there's a good player in there.

Looking forward to seeing Glenn in a Town shirt, if Chris can get him to the level he should be playing at then we have got a good player in a position we desperately need.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Yeah I've always rated him too. Can't remember who it was against but he had an unusually bad game a few weeks ago and that was that. The Sellafield crack ( because there are no secrets in the Millom area) was that he and Chris had words following that game and Pez reacted badly to it. Like I say it's all hearsay but probably some truth in it. Hope the lad gets the fire back in his belly and they patch up their differences as there's a good player in there.

Looking forward to seeing Glenn in a Town shirt, if Chris can get him to the level he should be playing at then we have got a good player in a position we desperately need.

Yeah he did have a stinker which is unusual for him.

1 hour ago, REX said:

Singleton played for Haven today but Riley was a no show for Town. Anyone know what's going on?

Pez is match fit, Riley isn't.

Edited by dkw