New signings

havenhater

8 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

4 very good players too. Looks like its london going down with us unless they can pull something out of the bag as well 

How can this be there's no players available, unless Chris is still looking for small forwards to batter us up the pitch 😒

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

5 hours ago, anok4u said:

How can this be there's no players available, unless Chris is still looking for small forwards to batter us up the pitch 😒

At this time of the season it far to late to attract new players to any club, especially when your sitting at the bottom of the league, and in his comments last week he mentioned about training three times a week, so traveling that many times will put the majority of players off, he also said about nursing Riley back in to the game, should be giving him game time in spells to get him back up to match fitness quicker, in my view.

9 hours ago, anok4u said:

How can this be there's no players available

There is a far greater chance of getting them if you're yorkshire based. Players ain't  gonna commute up and down to cumbria 3 0r 4 times a week. Our location means we are on a hiding to nothing attracting players.

6 minutes ago, town4me said:

There is a far greater chance of getting them if you're yorkshire based. Players ain't  gonna commute up and down to cumbria 3 0r 4 times a week. Our location means we are on a hiding to nothing attracting players.

It's to late now to attract any new traveling  players, one of the main priority should be getting Riley fit and on the pitch along with Stevie, 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JMB said:

It's to late now to attract any new traveling  players, one of the main priority should be getting Riley fit and on the pitch along with Stevie, 

Get Riley as fit as you want, I really don't see him making that much difference 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Havenwarrior2021 said:

Riley has all the size in the world but has no heart. I think haven signing singleton in basically a swap deal was a massive steal. 

Our whole recruitment and retention strategy since the end of last season has been a mystery 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, town4me said:

And that's always been a major problem regarding player recruitment.........despite many excellent road improvements, and more reliable vehicles it is still a long. and soul searching. trek to our outpost for the travellers. Probably even more tedious if the squad you are part of is languishing at the bottom......So the overseas guys who are given local accommodation are the squads best fit. Although our Summers can be another deterrent to them......oh I give up. UTT.

• Like 2

The thing is however 2 French guys had no issues flying into whitehaven this week,

A barrovian went down to West wales 

A rochdale guy to Cornwall

2 aussies on loan to dewsbury and we have a few names talked about but nothing added in the 21 as we head into another game which earlier this season we could have won with just a little something extra

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, havenhater said:

The thing is however 2 French guys had no issues flying into whitehaven this week,

A barrovian went down to West wales 

A rochdale guy to Cornwall

2 aussies on loan to dewsbury and we have a few names talked about but nothing added in the 21 as we head into another game which earlier this season we could have won with just a little something extra

Exactly marra, that's the frustrating thing. We are athe weakest team and everyone around us is getting stronger, whatever slim hope we had is defo going down the pan.

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Maybe to do with £££££££££££££££££££££££'s..........????????

Can accept that and indeed fully understand, £ has always and will always be an issue given our fan base and geographical location but why does club keep saying money available, surely better to be honest with the loyal following

About 2 years ago I put on here that I think maintaining championship rugby would be difficult for cumbrian clubs and I got jumped on and was told you need to have ambition. Wheres as I agree it's difficult as sports all about money. In West Cumbria I think you need the  best of the locals with a few quality travellers and some imports to stand a chance.  Its tough. Maybe the new stadium will change things 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, town4me said:

About 2 years ago I put on here that I think maintaining championship rugby would be difficult for cumbrian clubs and I got jumped on and was told you need to have ambition. Wheres as I agree it's difficult as sports all about money. In West Cumbria I think you need the  best of the locals with a few quality travellers and some imports to stand a chance.  Its tough. Maybe the new stadium will change things 

Very true. There will be no new stadium any time soon with a huge recession on the horizon. 

2 hours ago, town4me said:

The problem for Town and Haven is that both clubs having to pay way over the odds for average travellers due to the distance and time involved in travelling for training and matches.

That and the state of the local amateur game is the perfect storm as that doesn’t produce enough players good enough for the pro game.

Not  sure what the answer is either as Town would need a budget 50% higher than their closest rivals in order to compete for players and that money takes some finding 

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's

Maybe better if town can't afford players,Chris might have to go part time coach,no point  full time if players are only part time.need to recruit the best locals which I thought town were doing last year,and bring in few top class players to complete the squad.

There aren’t enough good locals to make the transition into the pro game unfortunately, and the lack of reserve rugby makes development pretty much impossible.

The RFL mismanagement of the game over the last 20 odd years since taking over from BARLA have pretty much knackered semi-pro rugby below super league and I can’t understand why championship and league one clubs aren’t making a stand and challenging the RFL, as the other clubs must all be suffering in one way or another - but their problems aren’t quite as visible as they have the luxury of numbers along the M62 corridor where swopping players on short term loans seems to be quite commonplace 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Town utd said:

Maybe better if town can't afford players,Chris might have to go part time coach,no point  full time if players are only part time.need to recruit the best locals which I thought town were doing last year,and bring in few top class players to complete the squad.

If town are demoted all the players are usually void, maybe the same with coach's, but all depends what is written in his contract, but I've never new a RL coach get a 5 year deal before, it struck me as strange when it was announced. 

• Like 1