New signings

havenhater

33 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Sounds completely logical 🤣 thanks mate 👍, led to believe he's able to play against town, wouldn't of been a bad bit of business by Town to put it in the agreement that he couldn't play against you surely? 

Why? The lads hardly played in months for a team who are bottom.

So is this speculation or fact that he can play against us?

It beggars belief that we would allow that to happen when we are fighting for our lives when Haven are only 3 places above us in the league. Surely this can't be true can it? 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

13 hours ago, Andrew Newton said:

Nowt against them but they weren't and still aren't what was needed to bolster the team. I remember the pic of Chris and the two Davies lads and feeling underwhelmed. In truth it looked like a Dad and lads pic. 

Absolutely, completely underwhelmed.

Reminded me of the time we signed suposedly huge Aussie prop Kevin Gorge / Ike  era,  first seen him at an A team game and he was not,  had a go but not what we needed,  name of Mick Matache if you can remember.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Reminded me of the time we signed suposedly huge Aussie prop Kevin Gorge / Ike  era,  first seen him at an A team game and he was not,  had a go but not what we needed,  name of Mick Matache if you can remember.

I remember him well.Forwards used to wear tape around their heads, Mick had a habit of wearing it across his nose.. He looked like an overweight Adam Ant 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

I remember him well.Forwards used to wear tape around their heads, Mick had a habit of wearing it across his nose.. He looked like an overweight Adam Ant 😂

I think he was wearing it across his eyes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Players swapping clubs locally and both clubs clambering for short term loans as stop gaps is borderline embarrassing.  What a sad state of affairs. 

It is a sad state of affairs but I’m afraid Haven’s injury list this season has left them with no other option. Both hookers out for a year. Halfback and fullback out for most of the season, centre out for the season all with serious injuries plus the usual bumps and bruises. From an initial squad of 24 doesn’t leave you with much.

7 hours ago, Onreport said:

Mick played in the 89/90 season when Phil Kitchin was coach. Played 14 games and got sent off twice. Got an 8 match ban for the second one so just went home to Oz and wasn’t seen again.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

35 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Mick played in the 89/90 season when Phil Kitchin was coach. Played 14 games and got sent off twice. Got an 8 match ban for the second one so just went home to Oz and wasn’t seen again.

I am aware when he played, watched him every game.

He was signed by Kevin after defeat at Carlisle identified we needed better middles, was speaking to Kevin and Ike at Gilford park after the match when he told me Mick was on the way, sadly he wasnt the player we had been led to believe he was