Championship 1 ( bin it)

Unicorn 106

Just seen the scores from the weekend, what a joke, its making a mockery of the game. Just put the 5 or 6 established teams in the championship and bin it. With no relegation it would give the clubs time to grow into it and develop youngsters instead of spending what they can't afford. Most of us on here know this makes sense, so why can't the people who run the game see it. I think we know the answer to that. I'm not advocating this because of our precarious position, I said it last season when we were joint top of the league.

You will always get mismatched teams throughout the leagues when we have an unfair Central Funding system.

I dont know how much each team is on now but - West Wales will be on the lowest!

Last year I heard:-

SL were on approx. 1.8M per team

Ch teams were on a couple 100K, with top few on double that amount

L1 teams were on 75K

I believe the CH and L1 teams have less now.

This will never be fair until either every team gets an equal amounts or it stops altogether?

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Just seen the scores from the weekend, what a joke, its making a mockery of the game. Just put the 5 or 6 established teams in the championship and bin it. With no relegation it would give the clubs time to grow into it and develop youngsters instead of spending what they can't afford. Most of us on here know this makes sense, so why can't the people who run the game see it. I think we know the answer to that. I'm not advocating this because of our precarious position, I said it last season when we were joint top of the league.

We all know it makes sense but are they not wanting to make two SL’s of 10 in each and cut the rest adrift? The game is screwed and if it goes that way then neither of us will survive I’m afraid as there will be no future for us.

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

You will always get mismatched teams throughout the leagues when we have an unfair Central Funding system.

I dont know how much each team is on now but - West Wales will be on the lowest!

L1 teams were on 75K

This will never be fair until either every team gets an equal amounts or it stops altogether?

Only the top Championship clubs were on that. The bottom end wasn’t near that. I seen it somewhere before the season started last year as we were classed as newly promoted and at the bottom of the scale.

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

L1 teams were on 75K

Championship and L1 clubs had a 78% drop in funding this year according to the Hunslet chairman. So a L1 club getting £75k last year gets £16k this year. A Championship club getting £200k last year gets £45k this year.

So we now get less funding in the Championship than we did in L1 last year.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived