Batley (A)

Wakefield Ram

I don't expect much from this game except a better, more coherent, performance. Batley have far too much quality in their side at present, something that we are sadly lacking.

I will be there, of course, but doubt that many more Rams fans will.

Batley 36 - 18 Rams

Att: fewer than were at Cornwall's first match.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I have a sneaky feeling this is going to be closer than a few of you Dewsbury fans anticipate. 

I have never taken HW games for granted and never will.

on paper we do seem to have an advantage but when has that ever guaranteed a win?

attitude will be the key (for both sides).

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Will all depend on who is going downhill in the first half🤔

If its Dewsbury 

They have to score enough to defend second half

If its Batley 

They simply could be too far gone to catch them in the second half

If Batley playing up hill first half are in front

Game over 🤔

if your not fit enough(and batley are) peddling backwards  to get back onside and back in defence playing downhill is just as hard as playing uphill.this will catch teams out who cant play the slope.

6 hours ago, il cattivo said:

I have a sneaky feeling this is going to be closer than a few of you Dewsbury fans anticipate. 

I have never taken HW games for granted and never will.

on paper we do seem to have an advantage but when has that ever guaranteed a win?

attitude will be the key (for both sides).

Agreed, current form often seems to go by the wayside in these derby games.

In theory, Dewsbury ought to expect a good tonking on Friday, but I'll be happy with a Batley win from a drop goal in the 79th minute!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

27 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

In theory, Dewsbury ought to expect a good tonking on Friday, but I'll be happy with a Batley win from a drop goal in the 79th minute!

I think with this one form is going to count. We are playing some expansive exciting rugby this season and all players are firing on all cylinders. I'm still going for a comfortable dogs win.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

I think with this one form is going to count. We are playing some expansive exciting rugby this season and all players are firing on all cylinders. I'm still going for a comfortable dogs win.

What is expansive rugby? What does it look like? Can you buy it? Can we afford it?

Unfortunately form will triumph.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

20 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

This! You Dewsbury lot have short memories - you turned us over at our place last season when we were on the up, and relatively comfortably too. Local derbies are never a foregone conclusion!

44 minutes ago, distantdog said:

This! You Dewsbury lot have short memories - you turned us over at our place last season when we were on the up, and relatively comfortably too. Local derbies are never a foregone conclusion!

Stopped us finishing in 3rd place too

IMG_0583.JPG

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

Oh and that’s another reason why we will not win on Friday. It’ll be Good Friday for one team.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

If you are a Dewsbury season ticket holder do you get a discount at Batley. I thought there was some sort of agreement between the clubs?

Does anyone know?

Yes, in exchange for said Season ticket we will recompense you with its true value of half a pork pie...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yes, in exchange for said Season ticket we will recompense you with its true value of half a pork pie...

Very good.

On second thoughts I don’t think I’ll bother. £20 or so saved buys a lot of pork pies.

rambo.gif

18 hours ago, distantdog said:

If that's the case🤔

I'll take Batley with 12 start for a tenner🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's a free hit for the Rams good friday

Going to lose, expected to lose, big defeat according to some predictions by the Batley faithful

What on earth could go wrong eh🤔

17 hours ago, Rambo said:

Very good.

On second thoughts I don’t think I’ll bother. £20 or so saved buys a lot of pork pies.

Buy one online and save a couple of quid: Dewsbury Rams | My Sports Tickets

That is enough for one decent pork pie.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 13/04/2022 at 20:58, Rambo said:

If you are a Dewsbury season ticket holder do you get a discount at Batley. I thought there was some sort of agreement between the clubs?

Does anyone know?

If I remember correctly there were a handful of clubs that announced some sort of wheeze that you refer to some time ago. I think Dewsbury and Featherstone were two of them, Batley weren't. So you may be able to get into PO Road a bit cheaper with your Rams season ticket, but not Mount Pleasant. 

You can save a little on the admission price if you buy your ticket before midnight tonight, like I just did.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

15 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

If I remember correctly there were a handful of clubs that announced some sort of wheeze that you refer to some time ago. I think Dewsbury and Featherstone were two of them, Batley weren't. So you may be able to get into PO Road a bit cheaper with your Rams season ticket, but not Mount Pleasant. 

You can save a little on the admission price if you buy your ticket before midnight tonight, like I just did.

There was a reciprocal arrangement between the clubs that gave reduced price entry at the other's home games but excluding the derby games, naturally. I believe that the uptake was so low that it was simply allowed to fade away.

I thought you made a decent fist of it tonight, until the last 20 minutes. Blackmore was very good first half. You didn't look like relegation favourites on that performance!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A decent performance tonight, Batley played an excellent second half and made full advantage of Sykes' sin bin. We scored some decent tries. But without Annakin, Ferguson, Peltier and Walton we just lacked the forwards to match Batley.

We have to beat Workington next week and fairly confident we will. 

On 12/04/2022 at 10:50, Blind side johnny said:

I don't expect much from this game except a better, more coherent, performance. Batley have far too much quality in their side at present, something that we are sadly lacking.

I will be there, of course, but doubt that many more Rams fans will.

Batley 36 - 18 Rams

Att: fewer than were at Cornwall's first match.

Not a bad guess BSJ.

Archived