Batley (A)

Wakefield Ram

Decent guess BSJ, only 2 points out. You bullied us a bit in the 1st half and your forwards ran hard whilst ours were on a bit of a saunter. The Sykes sin-bin was a bit harsh as it was reaction more than anything but on the season's way of refereeing it had to be done and conceding tge 3 quick tries gave you too much to do. Credit though, they didn't give in, thought Ryder had a good crack at it along with Blackmore and Knowles, Beharell kicked well. The game changed noticeably when Leaky came on, he took on the defence and opened it up for Gilmore to direct and dictate. There was talk about Lee Greenwood's position but I honestly don't think you're a bad side. Came up to the Monday TV Widnes game and like today I didn't think you were swept away.

• Like 1

Referee was very inconsistent with decisions. Dewsbury played well in parts. Discipline and defence needs improving especially tackling round legs. Also need to get forwards to offload the ball and other players to be ready.  Blackmore played well. Batley just looked more organised than us, especially at end of set of 6

• Like 1

Not a bad game.Good effort from our lads. They can get so far then  faulter .I don't think a Lee Greenwood team can score more than 20 points in a game.Sykes gets sent off for bending a Batley players coiffure .Our player gets laid out from a Cassius Clay humdinger-nothing from the Ref or touch judges.But of course Batley deserved to win.

57 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Not a bad game.Good effort from our lads. They can get so far then  faulter .I don't think a Lee Greenwood team can score more than 20 points in a game.Sykes gets sent off for bending a Batley players coiffure .Our player gets laid out from a Cassius Clay humdinger-nothing from the Ref or touch judges.But of course Batley deserved to win.

you didnt mention your lot lying on all the time or Sykes feigning injury or Knowles usual antics

1 hour ago, Outside view said:

An even game turned on a sin binning from a senior player that should know better. 
confidence must be rock bottom.

it’s win or bust next week

I don't think that it turned on the sin binning, I think that the introduction of Leak and Meadows made the difference.  That is to say that I thought that Dewsbury were there for the taking.  Also a run of poor form had it's effect judging from the way Dewsbury fell apart for a spell.  

For much of the game Batley lacked cohesion and Dewsbury, when in front, deserved that lead.  Had the Batley bench not done it's stuff Dewsbury would have won.

Sykes seemed to "old man" his way through the game.  Time perhaps for change?

Edited by Bill H
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ginaldo said:

you didnt mention your lot lying on all the time or Sykes feigning injury or Knowles usual antics

I suppose Batley did nothing wrong - not even when Sykes was hit off the ball? Probably not then.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I suppose Batley did nothing wrong - not even when Sykes was hit off the ball? Probably not then.

There were nowt in that,blakey even helped sykes to ground to save his fall,he should have had an oscar, how the hell you ecpect the players to feel confident went your coach jumped up for the 2 points in first few minutes, everyone knows batley were good for plenty a points so why not back the players and try grab 6 points(downhill too) too much 3rd man in stuff, you have a few very good players but the others look like a win needs to come soon or your off to wales. we know how it hurts to keep a coach 12 months too long for sure.

• Like 3

I was somewhat satisfied by our performance, then it all went against us when Sykes was sin binned, but why did the Batley player not get ten minutes’ rest when he clobbered our stand off? Refereeing inconsistency to the fore again.

When Sykes left the field you just knew Batley would have the upper hand and they expertly did so.

I thought Blackmore, Knowles and Dixon stood out and I was pleased that Carr  took his chances for his brace.

Let’s now see if we can play well next week n the all-important clash With Workington. Life might depend on us winning.

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

14 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Not a bad guess BSJ.

Thanks. I didn't see the attendance figure though. 🙂

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I was somewhat satisfied by our performance, then it all went against us when Sykes was sin binned, but why did the Batley player not get ten minutes’ rest when he clobbered our stand off? Refereeing inconsistency to the fore again.

No, it's refereeing at its most consistent. Everybody hates Dewsbury, including the referees.

Have you not realised that by now?

• Like 2

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

When Sykes left the field you just knew Batley would have the upper hand and they expertly did so.

I thought Blackmore, Knowles and Dixon stood out and I was pleased that Carr  took his chances for his brace.

Let’s now see if we can play well next week n the all-important clash With Workington. Life might depend on us winning.

Blackmore took the ball in well and was hungry for work. He also gave a poor offload 2nd tackle near our line which was knocked on, knocked on in 2nd half at the PTB and didn't mark Campbell for the last? try. 

Overall he's a plus for the side but we just can't afford these errors. 

54 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Blackmore took the ball in well and was hungry for work. He also gave a poor offload 2nd tackle near our line which was knocked on, knocked on in 2nd half at the PTB and didn't mark Campbell for the last? try. 

Overall he's a plus for the side but we just can't afford these errors. 

There’s no such thing as a poor offload.  You just need teammates to be awake.   Problem at Rams is that the lads that have been with us for more than a few games wouldn’t be expecting one.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NickD said:

There’s no such thing as a poor offload.  You just need teammates to be awake.   Problem at Rams is that the lads that have been with us for more than a few games wouldn’t be expecting one.  

2nd tackle on own 20 at the feet of the supporting player is a poor offload. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

2nd tackle on own 20 at the feet of the supporting player is a poor offload. 

What?   Our lads are so bad they can’t even bend down to pick the ball up now🤣🤣

more likely they weren’t even looking cos they’ve forgotten what an offload is😩

• Like 3

On 16/04/2022 at 19:07, silcoates said:

I did not see our glorious ,brave lads  do anything inappropriate.

and thats why youre going down, you just cant see it same as Greenwood cant see it, he was begging to ref all game that Batley where lying on, when it was so obvious which team was lying on

3 hours ago, ginaldo said:

and thats why youre going down, you just cant see it same as Greenwood cant see it, he was begging to ref all game that Batley where lying on, when it was so obvious which team was lying on

Hook ,line,and sinker-half a chuckle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hopefully agent greenwood gets wrong next week and against london

keighley May bring more than you lot 

True. They probably don’t hate the Mount as much as we do. 
ain’t been for years.  Too many Batley fans. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hopefully agent greenwood gets wrong next week and against london

keighley May bring more than you lot 

How very bitter.

I thought that most Batley fans had lost the chip off their shoulder by now; clearly I was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.