DRAGONS VIP RAKING IT IN:)

One of the best things about the Dragons is the VIP, my wife has 6 passes per match as part of the sponsorship which gives us reserved seats all season pre match drinks and a before or after match gourmet dinner ,with cava wine and water guest speakers etc.On average there are 400 at this with another 100 in lounge seats nearby + upstairs 300 and the brasserie around 200 all up 800/1000 on a match day .

Today we bought 3 more VIP tickets for Thursday for friends in Cahors which were 200 euros each + VAT ,do the maths its cheaper upstairs and in the brasserie however the Dragons match day VIP brings the club in between 125/150000 euros which is incredible, i remember being back at St Esteve when it was a 20 euro buffet:) and all the profit goes to the club the entire thing is wonderful and brilliantly run not to mention throughly enjoyable.

Hats off to the club i can only see maybe Leeds anywhere near these numbers.

Paul

17 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One of the best things about the Dragons is the VIP my wife has 6 passes per match as part of the sponsorship which gives us reserved seats all season pre match drinks and a before or after match gourmet dinner with cava wine and water guest speakers etc.On average there are 400 at this with another 100 in lounge seats nearby + upstairs 300 and the brasserie around 200 all up 800/1000 on a match day .

Today we bought 3 more VIP tickets for Thursday for friends in Cahors which were 200 euros each + VAT do the maths its cheaper upstairs and in the brasserie however the Dragons match day VIP brings the club in between 125/150000 euros which is incredible i remember being back at St Esteve when it was a 20 euro buffet:) and all the profit goes to the club the entire thing is wonderful and brilliantly run not to mention throughly enjoyable.

Paul

Just a superb club. 

Never been, but I think you've sold it to me! 

22 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

200 euros each + VAT

Goodness... I balked at the two tickets I just bought at 32€ ! The main Tribune Bonzoms looks about sold out now.

Sadly my lot have an inexplicable aversion with France. But slowly very slowly I am melting this deep freeze with the slightly left field notion of watching RL in either Perpignan, Carcassonne or Toulouse. 

So cheers Paul, I hope to use yer description to persuade the raggamuffins. 

On another point, the south of France is obviously not the north of England, but what is it that the Catalans do that could be transported to their fellow SL cousins?

Its funny the thought of a brasserie in Broughton actually doesn't seem so fanciful  these days, with Prestwich up the road. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/it-everything-locals-loving-manchester-23633904

And I am sure such eateries are not as fancy as tha in Cas or Hull, but I bet there will be something, even if just a chipper, that would be memorialized if in rural France and would leave you feeling "Les carottes sont cuites," as you stumble away.

So what's the trick fella?

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One of the best things about the Dragons is the VIP my wife has 6 passes per match as part of the sponsorship which gives us reserved seats all season pre match drinks and a before or after match gourmet dinner with cava wine and water guest speakers etc.On average there are 400 at this with another 100 in lounge seats nearby + upstairs 300 and the brasserie around 200 all up 800/1000 on a match day .

Today we bought 3 more VIP tickets for Thursday for friends in Cahors which were 200 euros each + VAT do the maths its cheaper upstairs and in the brasserie however the Dragons match day VIP brings the club in between 125/150000 euros which is incredible i remember being back at St Esteve when it was a 20 euro buffet:) and all the profit goes to the club the entire thing is wonderful and brilliantly run not to mention throughly enjoyable.

Paul

I thoroughly enjoy your posts, keep them coming. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

Meet you there then… 

16 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

Maybe someone could point this out to Derek Beaumont, who doesn’t see what Catalans and Toulouse bring to the sport and thinks they should be replaced with Leigh and Featherstone 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Maybe someone could point this out to Derek Beaumont, who doesn’t see what Catalans and Toulouse bring to the sport and thinks they should be replaced with Leigh and Featherstone 

So are you saying Cats share this bounty with other poorer clubs - I really didnt know that Vive Le Cats

18 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

Great news Paul, but a few comma`s and full stops wouldn`t go astray 😉, I spent twenty minutes trying to work out what a `water guest speaker` might be. 

18 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Sadly my lot have an inexplicable aversion with France. But slowly very slowly I am melting this deep freeze with the slightly left field notion of watching RL in either Perpignan, Carcassonne or Toulouse. 

On another point, the south of France is obviously not the north of England, but what is it that the Catalans do that could be transported to their fellow SL cousins?

Its funny the thought of a brasserie in Broughton actually doesn't seem so fanciful  these days, with Prestwich up the road. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/it-everything-locals-loving-manchester-23633904

And I am sure such eateries are not as fancy as tha in Cas or Hull, but I bet there will be something, even if just a chipper, that would be memorialized if in rural France and would leave you feeling "Les carottes sont cuites," as you stumble away.

Having known this place extremely well, this would have been my most accurate quote from the piece:

"When I was younger, it was quite rough. It was all old man boozers that were a bit dodgy, there used to be fighting, and no eat-and-drink bars that you’ve got now."

It's clearly gone up in the world from when a Manchester Evening News reporter referred to it (on a Sunday visit) as like something out of the Eastern Bloc. 

21 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One of the best things about the Dragons is the VIP, my wife has 6 passes per match as part of the sponsorship which gives us reserved seats all season pre match drinks and a before or after match gourmet dinner ,with cava wine and water guest speakers etc.On average there are 400 at this with another 100 in lounge seats nearby + upstairs 300 and the brasserie around 200 all up 800/1000 on a match day .

Today we bought 3 more VIP tickets for Thursday for friends in Cahors which were 200 euros each + VAT ,do the maths its cheaper upstairs and in the brasserie however the Dragons match day VIP brings the club in between 125/150000 euros which is incredible, i remember being back at St Esteve when it was a 20 euro buffet:) and all the profit goes to the club the entire thing is wonderful and brilliantly run not to mention throughly enjoyable.

Paul

I remember being at St Esteve for World Cup game (PNG & ?) and the buffet. Wonder whatever happened to M Rosbif? 

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 12/04/2022 at 17:46, idrewthehaggis said:

I think that the main thing is the culture which is different in saying that though i have had brilliant times at English clubs last year we went to Warrington/Wigan/Hull FC and each one was fantastic.

Many clubs do a great job engaging with local companies but more needs to be done however the local companies always will be the bedrock of corporate support after that just expand ones horizons.

We have a database of 60000 UK companies and you would be amazed at the many big global names that are either in or nearby to our great historic clubs its a goldmine which some already exploit very well:)

Paul

9 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

Having known this place extremely well, this would have been my most accurate quote from the piece:

"When I was younger, it was quite rough. It was all old man boozers that were a bit dodgy, there used to be fighting, and no eat-and-drink bars that you’ve got now."

It's clearly gone up in the world from when a Manchester Evening News reporter referred to it (on a Sunday visit) as like something out of the Eastern Bloc. 

Do you mean Perpignan or Moss Side?

3 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Could be both LOL Perpignan has its dark side as do many places everywhere an Ex South African USAP player who had a bar in the old town (Right old seedy joint but lots of fun) was murdered by one of his customers a few years ago lovely guy married a local girl and also came sometimes to watch the real handling code:)

Everywhere has its bad side:)

Paul

13 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

So are you saying Cats share this bounty with other poorer clubs - I really didnt know that Vive Le Cats

I think he meant "the sport" thus increasing media coverage for example, which benefits the game as a whole, something I'm sure all club owners would welcome.  

Is subsidising poorer clubs something that Leigh's owner would want to do,or would he prefer to have a larger slice of a larger cake? 

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Actually he means Prestwich. The suburb just north of where SRD may play in two years and would be an excellent pre and post match venue given its burgeoning mix of bars, pubs and eateries.

But thanks Mr Atlantic. I find your posts very interesting.

In a more general way, it would be encouraging to think good practice is being shared amongst our elite clubs on these issues. For what you say, it sounds that Catalans have got it right. 

29 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Actually he means Prestwich. The suburb just north of where SRD may play in two years and would be an excellent pre and post match venue given its burgeoning mix of bars, pubs and eateries.

But thanks Mr Atlantic. I find your posts very interesting.

In a more general way, it would be encouraging to think good practice is being shared amongst our elite clubs on these issues. For what you say, it sounds that Catalans have got it right. 

You touch on a very valid point which I've raised before.

Our clubs are so locked into a dog-eat-dog competitive death spiral, they can't see the wisdom of sharing information about what works.

Initiatives (of any kind) which engage with fans, increase enjoyment, promote endearment (loyalty) and ultimately raise revenue, pioneered by any particular club seem to be closely guarded secrets.

A free exchange of information of this kind, doesn't diminish the creators club but has the potential to strengthen the whole game.

In this regard, we are not competitors but more like family members, who should be willing to share what works.  

13 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The VIP is sold out, 1360 or so passes sold. 

Not bad for a Thursday night when good Friday isn't a bank holiday here 

Even more than i estimated totally incredible.

Cannot wait for tonight its going to be another great occasion.

Enjoy the match Barnyia 🙂

Cheers 

Paul

58 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Whatever anyone thinks about numbers the vip and corporate bars were rammed. 

If FRL can tap into it for albi then should be a great weekend  

Had a long chat with Luc on Thursday night and talked about Internationals lots of them that is what is needed expect France to play at least 7/8 a year or more between now and the World Cup

On 13/04/2022 at 07:29, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I think he would prefer for Leigh and Fev to replace Salford (poor crowds and soon to be moving to football ground 5,000 capacity) and Wakefield (inferior ground to Fev.)

On 16/04/2022 at 20:40, ATLANTISMAN said:

Had a long chat with Luc on Thursday night and talked about Internationals lots of them that is what is needed expect France to play at least 7/8 a year or more between now and the World Cup

Who are their proposed opponents?

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

You’d imagine England, Ireland, wales and Scotland being the obvious choices and perhaps Jamaica the other.

would love to see England v France become a regular test series with games played in both countries.

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Good question the list of countries being drawn up includes.

England/Wales/Australia/New Zealand/PNG/Fiji/Samoa/Tonga/Cook Islands/Scotland/Ireland/Rest of the World Invitation.

England home and away

One other home nations 

3 match test series every year(New Zealand/Fiji/PNG would be favourites)

The 3 match test series would be costly but is doable with TV and sponsorship roughly 150K (But can be greatly reduced with a deal with an airline) 

Paul

Archived