Fev away

HP Beans

Very tough game, Fev have built a quality squad this year and I personally think they will win promotion. If Barrow can keep the score respectable I’ll be happy, (if they can win I’ll be over the moon!!) Some tough games coming up over the next few weeks and then I think the league will start to take shape. 

It’s going to be a very hard game, one due to the little amount of rest between playing games and two as Fev team is super league standard. A respectable score will keep me happy, but that being said we are going there with absolutely nothing to lose so you never know 😏

19 hours ago, pennington said:

It’s going to be a very hard game, one due to the little amount of rest between playing games and two as Fev team is super league standard. A respectable score will keep me happy, but that being said we are going there with absolutely nothing to lose so you never know 😏

Fev are a good championship side. And there again so are Barrow. Looking forward to a brill game.

4 hours ago, Shipbuilder said:

Maybe not Super league but a very very good championship team.

If Fev get promoted and Leeds relegated will we see Fev loaning fringe players to the Rhinos?

WE'AVE already loaned six players for their reserves  this season🤣

Effort was there today but unfortunately well and truly outplayed by a much better side. 

Today had no bearing on our season, getting beat by 50 or 2 points it made no difference. 

We are where we are at the moment. Fev have a ridiculously strong team but I'll be surprised if they sustain it, the numbers I've been told they're paying on players can't be sustained long term on their crowds. 

Onto Halifax next week.

14 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

competition between them and leigh , who can go bust first .    quite funny if neither makes superleague.

Why do you think leigh or fev can't meet their financial commitments?

Are you aware of this seasons income streams at either club? Have you got insight into either clubs cash flow? Bank balances etc?

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Today had no bearing on our season, getting beat by 50 or 2 points it made no difference. 

Onto Halifax next week.

I'd disagree, at the end of the season GD will be the only thing separating a couple of teams

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

competition between them and leigh , who can go bust first .    quite funny if neither makes superleague.

It's been done to death this about Fevs financies , they utilise the ground and club by many various activities and our squad builder funding by the fans. And at the end of the day IF it goes belly up it is FEV who have to deal with it.

Just now, Fevrover said:

It's been done to death this about Fevs financies , they utilise the ground and club by many various activities and our squad builder funding by the fans. And at the end of the day IF it goes belly up it is FEV who have to deal with it.

Predictions of Fev's demise has been predicted every year since 2009!!!! Be honest, a cursory glance over on the main forum suggest Leigh are the recipients of similar predictions seemingly every year

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Predictions of Fev's demise has been predicted every year since 2009!!!! Be honest, a cursory glance over on the main forum suggest Leigh are the recipients of similar predictions seemingly every year

Robin it's the typical English sports fans response to success by other teams they can't compete with. 

By Christ there’s some jealous buggers about! Yes I’d say Fev have spent a fair amount this season, but looking from the outside in they’ve obviously been building steadily the last few years and are now in a position to do what they’re doing and are probably ready for a shot at SL. Good luck to them. I’ve already said this but Barrow aren’t ready to compete with these top teams week in week out just yet.  Keep building as we are and in a couple of years we’ll hopefully be in a similar situation as Fev. 

57 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'd disagree, at the end of the season GD will be the only thing separating a couple of teams

Statistically that's unlikely to happen to us but I take your point. 

My point was that performances against Halifax/Widnes/Batley ect will define our season. No one will will take points at Fev this season so I don't see much value in dwelling on the result. 

58-6. But that doesn't take away the fact how Barrow have tackled the championship in good style having just been promoted. They, like York who did the same thing can build to better things and thats what sport is about. Batley too continue to impress. Fev have been building for a few seasons and as the last two grand finals suggested,nothing is a gimme. It's a good league with some very impressive rugby being shown. Good luck Barrow. ( Fev fan)

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

58-6. But that doesn't take away the fact how Barrow have tackled the championship in good style having just been promoted. They, like York who did the same thing can build to better things and thats what sport is about. Batley too continue to impress. Fev have been building for a few seasons and as the last two grand finals suggested,nothing is a gimme. It's a good league with some very impressive rugby being shown. Good luck Barrow. ( Fev fan)

Yup.... its 15 years since fev were promoted from the third tier.... its taken that long to build and build and build...

Archived