Fev away

HP Beans

Some very embarrassing comments on this thread from so called Barrow fans.

Fev were a class above and blew us off the park,let’s be honest it could have been more.

Good luck to them in their quest for SL rugby which they have been building for years,we should be learning from them not despising them.

I’m more than happy with our progress so far,let’s not get above our station and control your emotions!

8 hours ago, HP Beans said:

quest for SL rugby which they have been building for years,we should be learning from them not despising them.

You've hit the nail on the head HP It's been slowly slowly catchy  monkey last years team was better than  the team that lost to TWP in the 19 grand final and this years team is better than the one that lost to TO last years and you can bet your bottom dollar if we don't get promoted next years team will be better than this one

As a footnote Craig Hall reaches 500 points for Featherstone Rovers in 43 games making him the fastest to achieve the milestone!

8 minutes ago, POR said:

You've hit the nail on the head HP It's been slowly slowly catchy  monkey last years team was better than  the team that lost to TWP in the 19 grand final and this years team is better than the one that lost to TO last years and you can bet your bottom dollar if we don't get promoted next years team will be better than this one

As a footnote Craig Hall reaches 500 points for Featherstone Rovers in 43 games making him the fastest to achieve the milestone!

You have a really strong side there,I was especially impressed with Wildie👍🏻

Fev are the Blueprint of how to do it and it should be applauded not criticised. No fast track promotion for them and it shows the game can thrive in traditional areas something which riles a few folk in the RL community. I hope they do get into SL and make a success of it to many clubs treading water down the bottom anyway.

1 minute ago, HP Beans said:

You have a really strong side there,I was especially impressed with Wildie👍🏻

THANK YOU HP pleasing thing for us is we played well for longer minutes in this game more than any of   the others and we never really turned off and played right to the end what's more pleasing is we did it while resting four of our big hitters

NO surprise with Matty he's a really good number nine who's quick and really gets about the pitch so he can pop up and play well at number 6 like  he did yesterday 

Can't believe any true rugby league supporter would laugh if a fellow club had financial difficulties. We are not in a position to speak after the Johnson interlude.

Well done Fev, hopefully in a few years we will be in a similar position to yourselves. Who knows, we may give a better account at CP.

Shipbuilider01.png

Fev are doing everything right. Thankfully our B.O.D are working to emulate what they are doing.

Success has to be slow and patient. There will always be about 3 or 4 teams from the Championship vying to get promoted PLUS there will be whomever gets relegated who will always be in the driving seat due to their parachute payment.

The aim has to be in a position to compete with those teams...Rome wasn't built in a day.

Best of luck Fev.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Well done to Fev, this game was always going to be a very tough game with 5 days rest and the obvious quality they have all over the field. Fev are a team that Barrow should model themselves off, they have been building the team and infrastructure for years and it’s going to take time to get to that point. 

People at Barrow with Steve Neale leading are doing a cracking job, off the field they are organising lots of events bringing in brilliant income. Crowds are averaging almost 2k, we are doing very well as a club and give it a few more years to get may be in the position of Fev.

keep your heads up Barrow, you are doing us proud. If someone offered me 11 points at this stage in the season I would bite there hand off. Halifax next week is what we should aim for as they are out of sorts.

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'd disagree, at the end of the season GD will be the only thing separating a couple of teams

GD??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Predictions of Fev's demise has been predicted every year since 2009!!!! Be honest, a cursory glance over on the main forum suggest Leigh are the recipients of similar predictions seemingly every year

Did you predict those predictions Robin?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

....or even PD. 🤔

He's a closet soccer fan after all.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He's a closet soccer fan after all.

I came out the closet along time ago!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived