Magic weekend ticket deals?

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

I am after tickets for the full weekend anyone aware of any deals before I buy full price from rfl?

Your best bet is if you know a season ticket holder who isn't going. They get 50% off tickets. 

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s not a particularly cheap event to be fair, some tickets are over £100. I’m not saying tickets should be cheap, but if you can get a discount, something that often is available, why wouldn’t you take it. 

Plenty at £40 which is really cheap

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Plenty at £40 which is really cheap

I think you can certainly argue it is good value, but I wouldn't say £40 for entertainment is particularly 'cheap'. 

Particularly if it's a family going. 

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s not a particularly cheap event to be fair, some tickets are over £100. I’m not saying tickets should be cheap, but if you can get a discount, something that often is available, why wouldn’t you take it. 

All rugby league events are cheap compared to most other sports, that’s an indisputable fact.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think you can certainly argue it is good value, but I wouldn't say £40 for entertainment is particularly 'cheap'. 

It's £40 for two day's entertainment with several hours each day.

I think you'd struggle to find much cheaper on those terms.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We are cheap compared to football and International Rugby Union only. Adult tickets are £13 to go watch Ice Hockey in Leeds with family tickets from £26 for example.

So a second tier ice hockey single match ticket isn't as much as a day ticket to Magic?

Good work, Sherlock.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

£40 for 2 days & 6 games of top level RL isn’t cheap,c’mon now what are you wanting BOGOF,you’d pay £20 taking them to McDonalds.

30 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We are cheap compared to football and International Rugby Union only. Adult tickets are £13 to go watch Ice Hockey in Leeds with family tickets from £26 for example.

You’d have to pay me to go.

54 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Netball are having a Magic Weekend type event this coming Bank Holiday.

The cheapest adult two-day ticket is £88.

The most expensive non hospitality ticket is £140.

Poor Col81 was just wondering if anyone knew of any deals, even writing that full price will be paid if there aren't. That seems like a reasonable approach that many people would take.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be (yet another) thread on the relative merits of RL ticket pricing and comparative values of other sports/entertainment.

Col - Other than Dave T's suggestion of 50% discount for season ticket holders, I think the answer is no, nobody seems to know of any deals! 😂

Cheers guys i have fell foul many times of paying full price then getting a email 2 weeks later offering half price tickets. i remember Saints v Salford at Old Trafford tickets going half price a few days before 

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It's £40 for two day's entertainment with several hours each day.

I think you'd struggle to find much cheaper on those terms.

My point really is that it is clearly good value, when context and comparable sports are added, but for a family of 4 it is still £120 or so, which isn't 'cheap' as such. 

But I won't debate the point too much, because there ain't much wrong with that price. 

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

£40 for 2 days & 6 games of top level RL isn’t cheap,c’mon now what are you wanting BOGOF,you’d pay £20 taking them to McDonalds.

There is a difference between good value and cheap. That's my point really. For a family y of 4 it is still a decent amount of money to have to find. 

Archived