Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

20 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

When was it Leigh last went bust Kev, please remind me?

Regards the Visa, I would be surprised if Leigh have not already confirmed that it will be OK, it must be about a month or so ago that his signing was first mooted plenty of time to dot the i's and cross the t's I would think Kev.

2018 Leigh had only 9 players after doing exactly what they’re doing this year, it’s Super League or bust 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/rugby-league/news/12218/11516933/leigh-centurions-given-special-dispensation-to-sign-players-on-loan

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

2018 Leigh had only 9 players after doing exactly what they’re doing this year, it’s Super League or bust 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/rugby-league/news/12218/11516933/leigh-centurions-given-special-dispensation-to-sign-players-on-loan

But they didn't go bust Kev, what actually happened is Mr Beaumont got rid of a squad that cost more than some SL squads, and I didn't blame him one bit for his action.

• Like 3

• Gav Wilson changed the title to Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups
On 30/04/2022 at 08:52, Cardypaul said:

Interesting Fev go with a small squad and DR and get called for it so change to big squad with no DR and get called for it. No win really!!!

What clogger really means is he wishes Leigh had ample and ready made cover for absentees, what I really want is a very good organising 6 or 7 Leigh have the strike force out wide and in the forwards but no one of sufficient quality to guide them around the field, Mellor or Reynolds are not the answer for when it matters against your lot albeit they could be the cover I suggest, I honestly don't see the logic of the recruitment staff at Leigh they are/have purchased some very good players but to me it's like buying an expensive car that has no steering wheel.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What clogger really means is he wishes Leigh had ample and ready made cover for absentees, what I really want is a very good organising 6 or 7 Leigh have the strike force out wide and in the forwards but no one of sufficient quality to guide them around the field, Mellor or Reynolds are not the answer for when it matters against your lot albeit they could be the cover I suggest, I honestly don't see the logic of the recruitment staff at Leigh they are/have purchased some very good players but to me it's like buying an expensive car that has no steering wheel.

Yeah looking at the Leigh squad and Fev squad I think that’s where we have a slight advantage 

16 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Yeah looking at the Leigh squad and Fev squad I think that’s where we have a slight advantage 

Totally agree (but I would say more than a slight advantage) and having seen both our incumbant half's over a number of season's performing not just at Leigh but other club's also, I was of the opinion even before the season started that if as Mr Beaumont expressed that he would guide Leigh into SL in 2023 then these are not the players to do it for him the club, their teammates and the fans.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree (but I would say more than a slight advantage) and having seen both our incumbant half's over a number of season's performing not just at Leigh but other club's also, I was of the opinion even before the season started that if as Mr Beaumont expressed that he would guide Leigh into SL in 2023 then these are not the players to do it for him the club, their teammates and the fans.

Thing is nothing is won in April it’s the end of the season that matters. Just gutted that at least one of us will miss out on promotion at the end of the season.

23 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Thing is nothing is won in April it’s the end of the season that matters. Just gutted that at least one of us will miss out on promotion at the end of the season.

Yep, but we fans of the club's are going to go to those games and especially moreso if we reach the GF with the expectation of going through all the emotions including happiness, satisfaction, fear, sadness and many more, that is what sport is all about.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 10:42, Harry Stottle said:

Not yet, but we still have some space left on the roster and money in the bank to spend so who know's?

We've only got five Wales players on the books. The rest are all foreigners.

• Haha 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 01/05/2022 at 09:35, Harry Stottle said:

I really want is a very good organising 6 or 7 

Funny thing H at FEV we have two in the team now who are very very good and  we are waiting for another  allegedly goodun to come over from aus on top that we have two good halves out on loan and a decent young aussie out injured🥳

1 minute ago, POR said:

Funny thing H at FEV we have two in the team now who are very very good and  we are waiting for another  allegedly goodun to come over from aus on top that we have two good halves out on loan and a decent young aussie out injured🥳

Your just greedy sods!

• Haha 3

On 30/04/2022 at 13:41, Gav Wilson said:

Dane Chisholm to... Keighley.

Correctamundo.It may have jeopardised the move but possibly prevented a lot of self-harm in London - letting them down in good time.

Chisholm to Keighley until end of 2023.

Toby Everett,who went through the London Broncos system,on loan from Batley to Keighley.

West Wales causing panic I hear you say...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Castleford Tigers winger Sosaia Feki has joined Featherstone Rovers on an initial two-week loan.

The Tigers have a recall option in place following the fortnight period, after which the loan can continue week by week, subject to the two clubs’ agreement.

Since joining Castleford from Cronulla Sharks for the 2020 season, Sosaia has had horrendous luck with injuries that have limited him to just one Super League appearance for the Fords so far, but he has been working hard on getting back to match fitness.

In his first taste of match action for around twenty months, Feki featured in the Tigers’ Reserves draw away against Salford Red Devils at the end of April. In a further boost, he also scored on his return but was limited on the number of minutes he played in that fixture.

As the winger looks to get back to 100%, the loan move to Featherstone will offer him the opportunity to get valuable match minutes in the Betfred Championship ahead of consideration for his long-awaited return to Super League action with Castleford Tigers.

11 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Castleford Tigers winger Sosaia Feki has joined Featherstone Rovers on an initial two-week loan.

The Tigers have a recall option in place following the fortnight period, after which the loan can continue week by week, subject to the two clubs’ agreement.

Since joining Castleford from Cronulla Sharks for the 2020 season, Sosaia has had horrendous luck with injuries that have limited him to just one Super League appearance for the Fords so far, but he has been working hard on getting back to match fitness.

In his first taste of match action for around twenty months, Feki featured in the Tigers’ Reserves draw away against Salford Red Devils at the end of April. In a further boost, he also scored on his return but was limited on the number of minutes he played in that fixture.

As the winger looks to get back to 100%, the loan move to Featherstone will offer him the opportunity to get valuable match minutes in the Betfred Championship ahead of consideration for his long-awaited return to Super League action with Castleford Tigers.

Will he actually get game time at Fev? If so in who's position, seems a strange one this for an initial 2 weeks, but I should think if he does manage to play and does alright won't Cas then want him back.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Will he actually get game time at Fev? If so in who's position, seems a strange one this for an initial 2 weeks, but I should think if he does manage to play and does alright won't Cas then want him back.

YES H gaz gale out injured reports say broken hand 4 to 6 weeks

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hardcastle and Gale out injured for a while and Hellewell went off yesterday. So he plays on the wing with Hall likely to slot in at centre.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Gaz Gale currently out with a broken hand, although the loan is initially 2 weeks the rumour mill is suggesting it may be nearer a month which may be around when Gale is back. In addition Josh Hardcastle is injured so we probably need a bit more cover.

• Thanks 1