Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

15 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Of the 1st day of the season 25 man squad Fev have 20 still there with 4 out on loan and one having left the Club. 5 players have joined (signed or loan) since the start of the season

If i were Fev id be getting a few more out or they will still be here in the Championship next season.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

The rumor seemed to be that he was off up Newcastle but with their coach just leaving maybe it adds a few question marks. I would take him at Fax as another big body but he has not really stood out so far for us.

Confirmed to Newcastle with immediate effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The rumor seemed to be that he was off up Newcastle but with their coach just leaving maybe it adds a few question marks. I would take him at Fax as another big body but he has not really stood out so far for us.

Just confirmed by Matt shaw that he’s off to Newcastle, I hope he’s off to live up there because whatever money Newcastle have offered above other clubs ll be offset by fuel costs . Like you say he’s done ok for fax without pulling up any trees , be interesting to see how many of the fax lads stay for next year .

Fev take a two v nil lead in this week's signing race. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

21 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Just confirmed by Matt shaw that he’s off to Newcastle, I hope he’s off to live up there because whatever money Newcastle have offered above other clubs ll be offset by fuel costs . Like you say he’s done ok for fax without pulling up any trees , be interesting to see how many of the fax lads stay for next year .

Yeah he got a house up there recently so I guess his plan is living up there.

Regards Jack Ashworth another that has been at Fax this season and did ok but I believe Grix got offered him back and decided to stick with what we have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

Regards Jack Ashworth another that has been at Fax this season and did ok but I believe Grix got offered him back and decided to stick with what we have.

Leigh I believe didn't want him either.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh I believe didn't want him either.

To be honest, I think there would've been a case for Leigh trying to sign him, because we lack squad depth down the middle still. In the last game against Fev, we had one forward on the bench that only came on once the game was won and Ioane played a 15 minute spell and a 3 minute spell.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Tbf he wasn’t very complementary of him or mason after they played for us against Leigh , I know Grix has his doubters but personally I like his ‘ don’t care who you are ‘ attitude.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Not a new signing, but a massive deal for Leigh regardless

Was pleasantly surprised by this. Important to get Ipape, MacDonald, Asiata and Amome signed up (I think 2 of them are, if we go up) because there'd be absolutely no chance of replacing them with a British player that is as good if we need to cut the number of overseas players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Was pleasantly surprised by this. Important to get Ipape, MacDonald, Asiata and Amome signed up (I think 2 of them are, if we go up) because there'd be absolutely no chance of replacing them with a British player that is as good if we need to cut the number of overseas players.

Macdonald and Asiata are definitely signed up for next year, been suggested Amone, Smith and Aekins are also.

I thought it was a thread for mid-season pick ups not re-signing of players for future years.

I haven't read it but I'm sure Mr Beaumont wouldn't inform the reader of his financial investments for the benefit of Leigh Centurions- wot with him never ever doing that with each and every statement,each and every other time there is a signing/re-signing.

• Haha 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I thought it was a thread for mid-season pick ups not re-signing of players for future years.

I haven't read it but I'm sure Mr Beaumont wouldn't inform the reader of his financial investments for the benefit of Leigh Centurions- wot with him never ever doing that with each and every statement,each and every other time there is a signing/re-signing.

I find Sheffields announcements similarly tedious, surely by now they could just pin a tweet saying Cory Aston has signed to save the yearly press release?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Well you will be able to watch them first hand tomorrow night Angel.

15 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Well  he hasn’t played NSW Cup so probably not.

The club has to find the talent for the job in hand as best it can within the rules of the comp. Pity is there is not the talent available in this country which you should be very much aware of Dav, those who hail from your neck of the woods and populated our game at the top end has somewhat dried up, and off course your "other" team has always had it's fair share of Southern Hemisphere player's as it does at the moment🤫.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax after Gareth Widdop apparently. I can't tell you where the link has come from as it would ruin my fun.🤣

Not just Widdop. 😉

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Gill got a serious injury a few minutes into his debut early in the season at Barrow. He's only been fit a few weeks now, and half back isn't where we've been short. Will be good for him to get some game time. 

Mathiou is an odd one. Arrived without a pre season, went out on loan to get match fit. Came back for one game, then has been back at Donny since. I'm guessing he came over to try to get into the team, and we probably didn't offer him much in terms of pay, almost in a trial sort of approach. Either he's struggling to get up to speed with the championship, was recruited pre-Mccdermot and isn't rated, or just isn't deemed good enough full stop. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

12 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Have Ben Mathiou or Bailey Gill actually played for Fev yet? Some of the strangest import signings i've seen in recent years. Considering McDermott has been in the press saying any more injuries might result in not being able to name a 17, they must be real dud signings..

It depends what your expectations were. Mathiou was playing third grade in Australia and Gill had been riddled with injuries and had only a small number of second grade games to his name. McDermott spoke earlier this season about Gill having "backed himself" in coming over and I suspect the financial outlay from the club has been fairly minimal in the grand scheme of things on a couple of players who were always going to be projects.

Mathiou has played several games on loan at Doncaster and presumably hasn't shown enough to merit selection at Fev (he did play briefly from the bench in the away game at Bradford).

Gill actually started the away game at Wokrington and has apparently been fairly impressive in training but he got a shocking injury early in the Workington game and is only just coming back. He has some real talent in front of him at half back but you get the impression the club quite likes him.

If you want to talk about dud signings, rather than these two how about Kieran Dixon at Leigh, who I'd guess will be on a lot more money than either of those? His weaknesses were widely known before he signed at Leigh especially after he was badly exposed in live TV games for York last year, but still Leigh signed him. He duly had an absolute carcrash of a game against Fev at Post Office Road and was hastily shipped out on loan to Rochdale/Widnes. Leigh had about 6 wings on their books at one stage but have the funds to simply buy their way out of any mistakes by signing the likes of Ferguson and Inu.