Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Keighley are putting together some team. Always had a soft spot for them after getting shafted in the 90's.

I hope they go up and strive on !

The club is now owned by people who really want it to succeed. 

They are not spending beyond there limit.

Good times are happening at Cougar Park.

More signings in the pipeline. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I see we have entered the 'panic buying' stage of the season...

I think panic buying will become the norm once IMG make an announcement.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Come on Gav it's not first time we've brought a player in this season lol and not the only team.

11 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Is Craig Hall really that much out of favour with Big Mac, I know he played centre last week but wasn't that because of unavailability? Whenever I have watched Fev this season a lot of what looks good involves Hall, or am I mistaken?

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 13:29, guess who said:

Superb set up at Keighley. Great strides being made there. Visited this year and found the ground in great nick and vibrant with many attractions including street food etc, the hospitality was spot on and the matchday announcer really had the crowd buzzing. What a good day out !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is Craig Hall really that much out of favour with Big Mac, I know he played centre last week but wasn't that because of unavailability? Whenever I have watched Fev this season a lot of what looks good involves Hall, or am I mistaken?

He was dropped for two games, has played in each of the last three, and has just been awarded a testimonial for next season for which he has publicly thanked the club. Additionally Mac said in an interview a few weeks ago words to the effect that if Fev were to be involved in the play-offs it would be hard to envisage Hall not being an important part of the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He was dropped for two games, has played in each of the last three, and has just been awarded a testimonial for next season for which he has publicly thanked the club. Additionally Mac said in an interview a few weeks ago words to the effect that if Fev were to be involved in the play-offs it would be hard to envisage Hall not being an important part of the team.

McDermott also mentioned, regarding the London game that the reason Hall wasn't at fullback was that the team would lose too much with Hall not being out wide.  I think a lot is made of some of McDermott's bizarre selection decisions, but I'm not sure he's so easy to read.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Craig as been granted a Testimonial at Fev so i  can't see him going anywhere.

On 30/06/2022 at 13:29, guess who said:

Looking forward to seeing Keighley back in the Championship. Would have been nice to see Muzza playing against us but looks like this is going to be his last season as the rumor seems to be strong he is the new Fax assistant coach.

8 hours ago, Joe 90 said:

Superb set up at Keighley. Great strides being made there. Visited this year and found the ground in great nick and vibrant with many attractions including street food etc, the hospitality was spot on and the matchday announcer really had the crowd buzzing. What a good day out !

Glad to see you enjoyed your day.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 21:01, Gav Wilson said:

York City Knights
@YorkKnightsRLFC

𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊! The Knights are delighted to confirm that former player Ben Cockayne has returned to the club as Assistant Coach and Head Of Safeguarding! *

*I might have added the last 4 words myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

York City Knights
@YorkKnightsRLFC

𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊! The Knights are delighted to confirm that former player Ben Cockayne has returned to the club as Assistant Coach and Head Of Safeguarding! *

*I might have added the last 4 words myself

Good to see York's commitment to the TackleIt campaign in effect there.

• Haha 2

Just now, Fevrover said:

An apron worn by butchers with blue and white stripes like our shirt  especially years ago.

Cheers id never heard the connection with Fev before . You learn summat new every day 

• Thanks 1