Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

14 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Desperate times at Fev by the looks of it. More clubs than Tiger Woods is a saying that was made for Dan. He's a really nice lad and has all the physical attributes that make a really good rugby league player but for whatever reason he has not been able to put them to good use whichever club he has been to. Time for another coach to have a go.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Desperate times at Fev by the looks of it. More clubs than Tiger Woods is a saying that was made for Dan. He's a really nice lad and has all the physical attributes that make a really good rugby league player but for whatever reason he has not been able to put them to good use whichever club he has been to. Time for another coach to have a go.

I thought he looked a player destined for SL a few years ago but seems to have gone backwards in recent years. He's not looked very impressive in the games I've seen from Bradford this year

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Watched him against Thunder a couple of weeks ago, looked like he didn't want to be there, just not interested.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

An apron worn by butchers with blue and white stripes like our shirt  especially years ago.

Correction welcome, but wasn't Fev's shirt Blue and White Hoops i.e. going round the torso, not stripes which run vertical.

So many times, this description of stripes and hoops get mixed up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Correction welcome, but wasn't Fev's shirt Blue and White Hoops i.e. going round the torso, not stripes which run vertical.

So many times, this description of stripes and hoops get mixed up.

Spot on !

9 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Reports from Australia that Lachlam Lam is joining his Dad, some signing if true and maybe @Harry Stottlewill finally stop moaning about our halfbacks🤣

Steady on Rob I only criticise where it is due.

To be fair and I did mention on these pages that Ben Reynolds has really come on in the last couple of months, is it Mr Lam's influence and coaching, I would like to think so, but still not at all convinced with Mellor.

Have you got a link to the report you mention from Aus, if we can secure Lachlan that will be the final piece in the jigsaw for me for this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

To be fair and I did mention on these pages that Ben Reynolds has really come on in the last couple of months, is it Mr Lam's influence and coaching, I would like to think so, but still not at all convinced with Mellor.

Have you got a link to the report you mention from Aus, if we can secure Lachlan that will be the final piece in the jigsaw for me for this season.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Lachlan is out of contract at the end of the season , they are 9th in the NRL with 5 other Half backs ( including Drew Hutchinson , remember him messing up at the Bash against Toronto 2018 ? ) In front of him 

Just put the Roosters in Google , it'll lead you to it 

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Thanks Rob, I jumped straight on it and it is spattered all over the Aus RL websites and journos, also I saw the link were the Roosters are relinquishing his contract with them, looking very hopeful then, should have happened a lot sooner though.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Lachlan is out of contract at the end of the season , they are 9th in the NRL with 5 other Half backs ( including Drew Hutchinson , remember him messing up at the Bash against Toronto 2018 ? ) In front of him 

Just put the Roosters in Google , it'll lead you to it 

Yeah thanks Gubby.👍

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

I have absolutely no idea what Fev have seen in Fleming.  Even with the trouble we are in on the field not one Bulls fan is upset about him going. 

Offered absolute nothing in either of his 2 spells with us. 

Fev using a big shot by another player to advertise his signing probably sums up the signing to be fair.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fev using a big shot by another player to advertise his signing probably sums up the signing to be fair.

Has Brian McDermott entered desperation mode?

I couldn't understand the signing of Tom Lineham a player that Wakefield who have just lost their 'star' winger and running with 2 rookies and so apparently only other kids as back up should either of these two get injured, Wakefield can't think much of Lineham to let him go I wonder has he recovered from his injury fully?

Leigh have played the Bulls 3 times this season and Fleming as not appeared in any of them, perhaps Big Mac thinks he could have made a difference if selected/available for the Bulls, we will just have to wait and see.

33 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I'd say if you're having to dig out a single clip from 5 seasons ago it's probably not a good sign either to be honest.

• Like 1

If Lachlan Lam does arrive at Leigh will that be a cue to have another go from some quarters and fans at the club, or should it not be regarded as bringing over a player who can raise the standards of what we have in the Championship especially if he turns in performances like his recent one for the Kumuls v Fiji.

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has Brian McDermott entered desperation mode?

I couldn't understand the signing of Tom Lineham a player that Wakefield who have just lost their 'star' winger and running with 2 rookies and so apparently only other kids as back up should either of these two get injured, Wakefield can't think much of Lineham to let him go I wonder has he recovered from his injury fully?

Leigh have played the Bulls 3 times this season and Fleming as not appeared in any of them, perhaps Big Mac thinks he could have made a difference if selected/available for the Bulls, we will just have to wait and see.

We've been in desperation mode for some time Harry.

Signed a half back to polish benches with his backside when we already had plenty, but did have a lack of forwards

Signed Tom Lineham. If you can't get in a very poor Wakey side, you're unlikely to be up to snuff at a top 2 championship side.

Loaned out our second choice fullback when Kherellia was clearly playing on one leg.

Let a half decent young prop go Widnes for the season, when we had a lack of middles.

Loaned Hellewell out despite being one of the few players that can actually remember how to tackle this season

This lad from Bradford can't even secure a regular spot among the lard @rses of the worst Bradford pack I can remember in my 39 years watching RL.

I really do despair at times.

At least there will be beer at the bash, I think I'll need a few 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Lachlan Lam does arrive at Leigh will that be a cue to have another go from some quarters and fans at the club, or should it not be regarded as bringing over a player who can raise the standards of what we have in the Championship especially if he turns in performances like his recent one for the Kumuls v Fiji.

Lachlan carries a British passport and played his junior RL at Leigh East

Lam would be a good signing, but starting to look light in forwards at Leigh, with Sidlow missing the last few games, Amone picking up an injury last week and no news on a return for Green.

Last week we had Bell on dual reg and McConnell who I think is on a short term loan in the pack. 

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Leigh wont need to add anyone and they will be above Salford Wakey/Toulouse and KR next season.   

If Batley dont beat them this season of course. 

I think (and hope) they go up and have a good crack at SL next season, but you can't really judge on this current squad. The teams they put out in these champ games aren't even eligible for SL. They will need to release some and replace them with fed trained players at some point, and those signings will be key to their survival imo.

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Lam would be a good signing, but starting to look light in forwards at Leigh, with Sidlow missing the last few games, Amone picking up an injury last week and no news on a return for Green.

Last week we had Bell on dual reg and McConnell who I think is on a short term loan in the pack. 

Matt Shaw reporting this morning that Rob Mulhern, Jack Hughes and Matt Davis are all on their way from Wire so with those and Charnley, we're definitely benefiting from Powell's dismantling of what was a top 5 team.

1 hour ago, Nothus said:

I think (and hope) they go up and have a good crack at SL next season, but you can't really judge on this current squad. The teams they put out in these champ games aren't even eligible for SL. They will need to release some and replace them with fed trained players at some point, and those signings will be key to their survival imo.

Based on who is confirmed so far for next year along with the rumored signings and probable/possible retentions, this is our current potential 17 for next year, although there will obviously more to be announced even if all these sign.

** - Quota

() - not confirmed

1 (Caleb Aekins**)
2 Josh Charnley
3 Ed Chamberlain
4 Nene MacDonald**
5 Keanan Brand
6 Joe Mellor/Ben Reynolds 
7 Lachlan Lam**
8 (Adam Sidlow)
9 (Aaron Smith)
10 (Tom Amone**)
11 Joe Wardle
12 (Jack Hughes)
13 John Asiata**

14 Edwin Ipape**
15 (Matt Davis)
16 (Kai O'Donnell**)
17 (Rob Mulhern)

Not sure if Ferguson will stay next year as one of the 7 so left him out, if he does stay i'd imagine he'd take Caleb Aekins quota spot. Out of the rest of our current overseas, i would expect(and would prefer) we would keep Kai O'Donnell as he adds a massive amount of utility and can competently play anywhere 8-13 even if his best position is probably back row. I'd be surprised if Adam Sidlow wasn't given another 1 year deal considering British props are at a bit of a premium currently, and Chris Green is capable and will be looking to earn himself another year once he finally returns from injury this year.

30 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Based on who is confirmed so far for next year along with the rumored signings and probable/possible retentions, this is our current potential 17 for next year, although there will obviously more to be announced even if all these sign.

** - Quota

() - not confirmed

1 (Caleb Aekins**)
2 Josh Charnley
3 Ed Chamberlain
4 Nene MacDonald**
5 Keanan Brand
6 Joe Mellor/Ben Reynolds 
7 Lachlan Lam**
8 (Adam Sidlow)
9 (Aaron Smith)
10 (Tom Amone**)
11 Joe Wardle
12 (Jack Hughes)
13 John Asiata**

14 Edwin Ipape**
15 (Matt Davis)
16 (Kai O'Donnell**)
17 (Rob Mulhern)

Not sure if Ferguson will stay next year as one of the 7 so left him out, if he does stay i'd imagine he'd take Caleb Aekins quota spot. Out of the rest of our current overseas, i would expect(and would prefer) we would keep Kai O'Donnell as he adds a massive amount of utility and can competently play anywhere 8-13 even if his best position is probably back row. I'd be surprised if Adam Sidlow wasn't given another 1 year deal considering British props are at a bit of a premium currently, and Chris Green is capable and will be looking to earn himself another year once he finally returns from injury this year.

Sidlow has signed for Salford for next year