36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Easter games on Thursday really defeat the object.

Think Leeds are the only club not really fussed about Good Friday games. They went through a period of rejecting their right to one for a while in favour of an Easter Monday one.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Think Leeds are the only club not really fussed about Good Friday games. They went through a period of rejecting their right to one for a while in favour of an Easter Monday one.

Guess they've taken corporate ££ over turnstile clicks tonight. Very Leeds right now.

3 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yeah, but it went to GP. Players buggered by the extra shift, and they can't be split after it all.

Just don't play GP. Keep it for knock-out encounters.

I was only teasing 

there’s absolutely no real reason to have GP in the regular season at all, its daft.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I was only teasing 

there’s absolutely no real reason to have GP in the regular season at all, its daft.

I disagree, players need to experience this to prepare them for the international game. 

I also think its a better way to end a tight game, no one is happy with a draw and its not like many games end up going to GP. If it was soccer it would be silly but an absolute max of 5 games a year feels about right.

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I disagree, players need to experience this to prepare them for the international game. 

I also think its a better way to end a tight game, no one is happy with a draw and its not like many games end up going to GP. If it was soccer it would be silly but an absolute max of 5 games a year feels about right.

Agree on the preparation bit. Australia's attitude seems to be different to GP - much more positive. They have been doing it for 20 years though so maybe we will get used to it more if they stick here. 

58 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

Does anyone actually like gp in league games? I'm yet to find someone.

I don’t know anyone. But it’s also what time a match finishes after Golden Point. Did the clubs, RFL, SL ask supporters what they thought of it idea, i guess not. 

Interesting game.

Giants started well but then Leeds got going, 2 tries from poor tackling after they probably only had 2 serious attacks on our line.

We threw a lot at them but they defended very well, that was the difference, they defended their line well, we didn't.

At 20-10 down with 3 minutes to go the game was over, I said I was impressed by out character and we were still trying to play and get something but just beaten by the better side, I thought we were brilliant in the last 10 minutes but our last play options didn't come off or Leeds just shut us down.

The next 2 minutes were superb! I didn't expect that sort of character!

Had the hooter not sounded I am convinced we would have gone on to win it but time beat us.

It's strange to think that Huddersfield are happy with a point after been dead and buried on 77 minutes, yet Leeds are also happy with a point because they knew they got away with throwing away at the end.

I was rather amused by the Leeds fans who claimed they battered us but let us have a point cos they felt sorry for us, my reply was simple, don't worry about us we'll be fine but you lot....

Entertaining stuff, my heart has just about recovered 😌

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS can Fartown not get anything right, they should have been full of confidence and dismissed a poor Leeds outfit, does Watson take the blame for a piff poor performance, he has been getting enough accolades recently when the team plays well.

Harry, if sport was that predicable then would we be bothered watching it? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS can Fartown not get anything right, they should have been full of confidence and dismissed a poor Leeds outfit, does Watson take the blame for a piff poor performance, he has been getting enough accolades recently when the team plays well.

Leeds defended very well and just stifled Gisnts attack - bar the last 3 minutes of course.

Oledski and Bentley were the best forwards on the pitch.

theres some good sogns for leeds if we can get some of the backs returning soon i think we’ll be ok.

52 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leeds had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, they put everything into it, that showed at the end as they were on their feet and thanking the stars that we turned it on too late.

There are no 'gimmes' or easy games in this sport, well, apart from when we play Leigh at home in Super League maybe 😛 

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Leeds had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, they put everything into it, that showed at the end as they were on their feet and thanking the stars that we turned it on too late.

There are no 'gimmes' or easy games in this sport, well, apart from when we play Leigh at home in Super League maybe 😛 

Bit of a cheap shot if you are referring to last season, but in '17 I recall at the LSV it was 30 - 0, and at your place 26 - 4, so we have that on aggregate🤫

Archived