36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

Does anyone actually like gp in league games? I'm yet to find someone.

One of my favourite moments watching Leeds in recent years was a golden point win over Cas.

To me it is fine, I'd only adjust it slightly so that both teams should get a point each for being level at 80 mins with the extra point for whoever wins at the end of GP.

15 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

One of my favourite moments watching Leeds in recent years was a golden point win over Cas.

To me it is fine, I'd only adjust it slightly so that both teams should get a point each for being level at 80 mins with the extra point for whoever wins at the end of GP.

Obviously in the championship we don’t have the same rules, but wasn’t this mooted?  Or us it the case in Aus?  I’ve certainly come across it somewhere, but having covid atm is stopping my brain working. 

17 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Obviously in the championship we don’t have the same rules, but wasn’t this mooted?  Or us it the case in Aus?  I’ve certainly come across it somewhere, but having covid atm is stopping my brain working. 

I'm not sure if it has ever been officially considered, but it seems best of both worlds to me

A point gained by us definitely.

We knew Leeds would be better, Sezer wasn't playing which improved them immediately, smaller teams always raise their game against the top teams, it was their cup final and we quite often turn up to play the easy teams with the wrong attitude....

In all seriousness though Leeds did a job in defence on us for 77 minutes and we couldn't find a way through and were visibly frustrated though our effort was always there, i think they got a bit giddy and looked at the scoreboard and saw a 10 point lead with 3 minutes remaining and presumed they'd done enough, this was shown with the lazy efforts on the Yates try, but this is a different Huddersfield, this is an Ian Watson Huddersfield and we are never beaten till the hooter goes, just a shame Tui couldn't put the icing on the cake and take all two, that would have been robbery but by god so satisfying.

As i said a point gained and onto Saints now on Monday, another belter the Sky viewers won't get to witness!!

Archived