Thurs 14th Apr : SL : Catalans Dragons v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:30 local (19:30 BST) SKY

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Toulouse Olympique

Just now, yipyee said:

I agree it was bad coverage, but her clips were add ons to someone else's coverage. 

It seems odd to have not had this game tomorrow night and picked another for tonight. 

Yes Leeds v Huddersfield sounded a cracker

• Like 1

One of Baz n Tez calling Gadwin Springer as Sangaré, and then the camera cutting to Sangaré walking along the sideline... That kind of made me chuckle sadly. Such an amateurish look for the coverage.

Macron getting away from his political woes on the right wing for TO. He didn't go well.

Bit of a dispiriting, slow-paced arm wrestle in the second stanza. If TO executed, that game was right there for them in the last 30 minutes.

Horrible to see poor McMeeken in such agony. The way he's been going so far he's probably played his way into England's best 17 for the WC. I hope he's not out for too long, but it didn't look great.

I haven’t seen the game but some on a French forum described the match as Championship standard. Also concern expressed about Mc Meekin's injury as he is highly regarded by Catalan fans.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

I haven’t seen the game but some on a French forum described the match as Championship standard. Also concern expressed about Mc Meekin's injury as he is highly regarded by Catalan fans.

Not far wrong , mistake wise from both sides 

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

Yep, this game was there for them, they just made a few poor decisions. Not taking the kick able 2 points then knocking on from the tap penalty. Kicking wide at the end when hands should have been the call.

Thought the ref had a poor game but can't blame him as he was bad for both teams. 

Gigot 'knock on' and the 'in touch' calls. Should have let play carry on from the in touch and then let the video ref look at the incident.

Catalan had visibly to much power for Toulouse, trouble is they had nobody directing the forwards creating the opportunities, they should have put the game to bed much earlier and won comfortably.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Catalan had visibly to much power for Toulouse, trouble is they had nobody directing the forwards creating the opportunities, they should have put the game to bed much earlier and won comfortably.

Tomkins 

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What about the 6 & 7? They are not much better than ours that is the best comparrison I can make for their ineptitude.

I think Albert may be sat out for a few weeks after working an ankle over in the tackle. Didn’t look good. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was referring to the Catalan 6 & 7 Bob, but yes bit of a grubs move by Albert.

Right sorry. Yeah not seen anything from  Drinkwater to suggest he’s good enough or of Pearce to suggest he cares enough.  Although I would say Pearce has it in him to win Catalans the grand final if his heads in it. 

All our recruits this year are below par. 

Napa the worst of them, starting prop only managed 3 carries and 20m. I hope he's back on the plane he's not even elite 1 material. 

Body of a giant but heart the size of a peanut. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RayCee said:

We think it was a broken arm, you could certainly hear a big "crack" from where we were up in the stands. Prompted a few ooh la la's from the Catalan supporters around us. He was on a pain drip after anyway. 

The TO team were pretty bashed up this morning. Have to see who is match fit, but they lost Peyroux in training last week and he won't be back for a long time. They have a long list of injuries and a shallow squad so losing others is not good news.

• Like 2

Not a classic at all and poor show from the Dragons ,they were there for the taking after the Chan red card Toulouse will never have a better chance but they blew it.

Big improvement needed to rival last seasons.

Oh well off Sunday back to blighty as the boys are back at school on Tuesday, big week sports wise:) 2 days Cricket at Canterbury (Weather permitting) then Saturday my non league footie teams last match of the season followed by a big party to celebrate our promotion 🙂 Sunday off to Hull nice and early to watch the Dragons.

Have a good bank holiday weekend everyone and hope all your teams do well:)

Cheers 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I think Toulouse will need home advantage and teams missing a few players due to lack of vaccinations to stay up. The more COVID restrictions are lifted the less likely they are to avoid the drop. 

I think toulouse just need to have  some of their 9 injuries back….

4 hours ago, PECETTO said:

That will help,

I know I have not to mention this but when Leigh came up in '17 and went back down they had so many injuries that 37 players were used during the course of the season, you will come to learn that having injuries and unavailabilities only effects the teams at the top competing for the top prizes, it is of no consequence to those fighting to stave of relegation.

8,922 crowd Thursday after 8,505 for Saints visit five days earlier

This is brother versus brother,” the Catalans Chief Executive Alex Chan, admits. “We have to work together and not discredit each other as clubs. If we don’t look after Toulouse and they don’t work with us, we won’t grow in France. The vision was laid out all those years ago. They called the competition Super League Europe and now, it truly is a European competition.” The result here was almost secondary to the occasion, with the Dragons edging a hard-fought contest 18-10.

“The grassroots game in France needs an injection of positivity like this, to show there’s a reason we want youngsters to come and play. We want to put this product out to the world and show them that France is at the heart of rugby league.”

There’s a super relationship between both clubs,” Catalans’ head coach Steve McNamara says. “We’re aware of the importance of us both being in the elite competition and what that can bring across France and for other French clubs with a World Cup on the horizon here. There’s huge mutual respect for one another.”

If we want the game to grow, we have to stay up,” Toulouse’s Tony Gigot says. “We can be stronger for each other and we need two good teams, and more French players to break through and play. That can only help French rugby league.”

These are fascinating times for rugby league across the Channel. Toulouse’s promotion to Super League for the first time comes not only in a World Cup year, but just three years out from the next hosting of the tournament, which will take place in France in 2025.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 15/04/2022 at 14:38, PECETTO said:

No Albert for 2 matches and hearing Armitage might be missing now for a bit

On 15/04/2022 at 11:10, kiggy said:

We think it was a broken arm, you could certainly hear a big "crack" from where we were up in the stands. Prompted a few ooh la la's from the Catalan supporters around us. He was on a pain drip after anyway. 

The TO team were pretty bashed up this morning. Have to see who is match fit, but they lost Peyroux in training last week and he won't be back for a long time. They have a long list of injuries and a shallow squad so losing others is not good news.

Dislocated elbow not a broken arm, so he will be back a lot earlier