Fri 15th Apr : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:30 SKY

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

Discuss the SL game between Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull FC here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More nervous about this derby than I have been for some time. Hull FC should once again be near full strength, aside from the usual sick notes, so there will be no excuses if we fall short like at the John Smith's stadium last time out.

As "everyone's favourite second team" (hack, cough, hack 🤢 🤮), I would imagine Rovers may well be favourites with home advantage in their favour also, however if Hull do turn up with the right attitude then an away win should be more than a possibility. A lot will depend on the current SL player of the month for March, if he's on fire then Hull should be able to convert a decent percentage of their visits into the home team's 20m area into points.

I have this feeling of dread that the Rovers players may well get under his skin more than he does theirs. If that happens then we will struggle and could well finish the game one or two players light.

It's a shame that Mikey Lewis has to sit this one out, I'd much rather have both teams at full strength so that a terrific contest would be a near certainty.

I'll go for a narrowish away win...

Hull KR 18 Hull FC 23.

Rowan Milnes will be a good alternative to Mikey Lewis and will partner Jordan Abdull so no drama. Would have liked Albert Vete and Tom Garratt to be available to match the size of the Hull pack but again we'll just get on with it.

Rovers have good strength in depth now so we'll have a good team capable of beating Hull.

With Hull out of the cup and the loss at Wigan their season is going to be derailed if they lose this one so they will be desperate.

But if Rovers can match them for intensity I think it will be a home win.

I've given up even trying to predict what sort of performance this Hull team will put in. We could absolutely blow Rovers away, but we are just as likely to never get out of traps at all. I certainly would hope for some sort of response after our pretty feeble cup exit though, but who knows. I'm on the fence. 

Really looking forward to this one, so much so I’m willing to spend two hours longer then I need to in the town of St Helens to watch it. 

Maybe I’m wrong but it always seems to look like it means more to the HKR players and with home advantage I think they’ll edge it by 4 points. 

Flip of a coin game. No point even trying to guess which Hull FC side will turn up, the old enemy of inconsistency is still very much in the camp.

I hope its as entertaining as the derby last August which I thought was a quality game of rugby league, something you don't always associate with a Hull derby!!!

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

As "everyone's favourite second team" (hack, cough, hack 🤢 🤮), I would imagine Rovers may well be favourites

This is wrong.

Coming home from Halifax four of us were discussing who we'd support if not Widnes.

All of us vouched for Hull, though I suspect it may of been because Hull could deliver the same levels of disappointment we've become accustomed too.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

This is wrong.

Coming home from Halifax four of us were discussing who we'd support if not Widnes.

All of us vouched for Hull, though I suspect it may of been because Hull could deliver the same levels of disappointment we've become accustomed too.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow.

Cheers fella, we may we’ll need it!

Superb weather for it which is always a relief when heading for Craven Park. In the Colin McNicol Well today as the meagre terracing at the Zeebrugge end has gone. Not stood there since I went to see somebody like Kazan Arrows or Locomotiv Moscow with my red and white mate many years ago. Will be a better view at least.

Really looking forward to it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, bobbruce said:

This is the sort of thing Barry should be doing not commentary. 

Got to agree. He's a likeable guy and when he first started out doing the comedy relief sort of segments he was pretty good. Just keep him out of the commentary box.

1 minute ago, EagleEyePie said:

I'm sure the band isn't for everyone, but I liked that pre-match. Something a little bit different and derbies should always be presented as a little bit different to the norm.

I like the band anyway, but it was something different and was actually quite well done, really. 

The atmosphere's coming across well on TV.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived