Jump to content

Fri 15th-Sun 17th Apr: The Betfred League One Match Thread


Recommended Posts

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

FRIDAY 15th APRIL 
Hunslet v Keighley Cougars KO 19:30
Rochdale Hornets v Oldham KO 15:00

SATURDAY 16th APRIL
Doncaster v Cornwall KO 13:00 (OuRLeague)

SUNDAY 17th APRIL
Midlands Hurricanes v London Skolars KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hunslet 18-40 Keighley

Rochdale 16-28 Oldham

Doncaster 42-20 Cornwall

Midlands Hurricanes 28-24 London Skolars

Swinton 30-28 North Wales Crusaders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FRIDAY 15th APRIL 
Hunslet v Keighley Cougars 14-28
Rochdale Hornets v Oldham 22-26

SATURDAY 16th APRIL
Doncaster v Cornwall 42-16

SUNDAY 17th APRIL
Midlands Hurricanes v London Skolars 38-12 
Swinton Lions v North Wales Crusaders 28-22

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Swinton will be ready for us this time, the Challenge Cup game would have been a wake up call for them. We will have to be at our very best to get a result this weekend, and if we do get the win it will be one to remember.

Should be a great game (whatever the result), and I'm really looking forward to it.

  • Like 5

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay;  My, oh, my, what a wonderful day,

Plenty of sunshine headin' our way;  At Stadiwm Zip World, Colwyn Bay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunslet v Keighley Cougars - comfortably so. Hunslet haven't been great so far
Rochdale Hornets v Oldham - Rochdale, just.

Doncaster v Cornwall - Cornwall to get a bit closer than they have been, but still well beaten.
Midlands Hurricanes v London Skolars - Midlands to kick on after last weekend.
Swinton Lions v North Wales Crusader - Close but Swinton to edge it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Rochdale vs Oldham, and a lot of people are predicting a close one.

Admission limited to 920 due to ‘operating issues’ at Spotland, but hopefully plenty of yeds will be making the short trip.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Swinton will be ready for us this time, the Challenge Cup game would have been a wake up call for them. We will have to be at our very best to get a result this weekend, and if we do get the win it will be one to remember.

Should be a great game (whatever the result), and I'm really looking forward to it.

I think you are spot on there. Our defence has to be resolute and I think we can will....it will be a nail-biter though! North Wales Crusaders...by 2

Other games

Hornets

Cougars 

Dons

Hurricanes

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A last minute/seconds winning try for Keighley Cougars would generally mean a feeling of exhilaration, but watching it at the end of 80 minutes of poor quality play featuring hysterical histrionics from Alan Kilshaw,the Hunslet head coach,aimed directly,and at sometimes close range,towards the officials,in a stadium containing the Under 8's,( or similar ),who had earlier played on the pitch, was not what should be witnessed,or conducted.

Having previously admired his pre and post match interviews.Admired his off-field work, as described on his LinkedIn page,that respect has now gone.

I understand,now,why the fair,good humoured,knowledgeable Toulouse followers disliked him when Rochdale Hornets won promotion with a victory in France.

Kilshaw appeared on the verge of giving himself a coronary,as the actor manque performed, before attempting to win approval for Hunslet followers.

Hunslet taking a late lead with a penalty that should never have been awarded,was risible.

The ball going from left touchline to right touchline before the winning try was scored by the man of the match was justice.

Defeat for the bad sportsmanship was justice.

Go on then,yes it was exhilaration. The squad players,wearing their Hunslet tracksuits,imbibing their alcohol,with their cringeworthy 'bantz' mockingly directed at Keighley followers,suddenly silenced and leaving their seats was justice.

But what if that ball had gone from right to left...?

Another 2 points.Credit to the Keighley Cougars coaching staff,players and supporters.Dignified at all times.

Still not happy about no reserve sides and no Academies.Very difficult for coaches to work with virtually new squads each season.

The teetotallers like Ellery Hanley would appear to be in short supply after my experiences, yesterday...

 

  • Like 3

     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, FearNothing said:

First result in, hairnets beat yeds 34-18, as expected. Hope they got a max 920 for the Derby.. 

Yep, sold out before the day.

Wish I hadn’t have bothered like.. 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

A last minute/seconds winning try for Keighley Cougars would generally mean a feeling of exhilaration, but watching it at the end of 80 minutes of poor quality play featuring hysterical histrionics from Alan Kilshaw,the Hunslet head coach,aimed directly,and at sometimes close range,towards the officials,in a stadium containing the Under 8's,( or similar ),who had earlier played on the pitch, was not what should be witnessed,or conducted.

Having previously admired his pre and post match interviews.Admired his off-field work, as described on his LinkedIn page,that respect has now gone.

I understand,now,why the fair,good humoured,knowledgeable Toulouse followers disliked him when Rochdale Hornets won promotion with a victory in France.

Kilshaw appeared on the verge of giving himself a coronary,as the actor manque performed, before attempting to win approval for Hunslet followers.

Hunslet taking a late lead with a penalty that should never have been awarded,was risible.

The ball going from left touchline to right touchline before the winning try was scored by the man of the match was justice.

Defeat for the bad sportsmanship was justice.

Go on then,yes it was exhilaration. The squad players,wearing their Hunslet tracksuits,imbibing their alcohol,with their cringeworthy 'bantz' mockingly directed at Keighley followers,suddenly silenced and leaving their seats was justice.

But what if that ball had gone from right to left...?

Another 2 points.Credit to the Keighley Cougars coaching staff,players and supporters.Dignified at all times.

Still not happy about no reserve sides and no Academies.Very difficult for coaches to work with virtually new squads each season.

The teetotallers like Ellery Hanley would appear to be in short supply after my experiences, yesterday...

 

To be fair he's not the only one. Lots of coaches can be heard at games using choice language. Not so bad if they are on the touchline but when they are sat in the stand near fans it's not a good look. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

To be fair he's not the only one. Lots of coaches can be heard at games using choice language. Not so bad if they are on the touchline but when they are sat in the stand near fans it's not a good look. 

I thought you could be ejected from stadium for using foul & abusive language. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought Cornwall were pretty decent today. Clear that they can be exploited defensively by more experienced players but they've got good go forward. They're finding it a steep learning curve but I don't think they'll finish bottom which would be a success in season 1. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Not if you're part of the coaching staff 😂

Yes ive seen it on club websites and heard it on the PA systems in grounds. “Foul & abusive language will not be tolerated, unless you’re associated with club coaching staff. 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...