NRL Streaker

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

If she hadn't gone on the field then it wouldn't have happened.

Agreed, however the tackle is ridiculous, she was clearly a woman and it was just a bit of fun, she wasn’t wielding a knife ffs. 

• Like 1

For me, this type of action is totally unacceptable. 

If you're going to streak, at least get yer kit off.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed, however the tackle is ridiculous, she was clearly a woman and it was just a bit of fun, she wasn’t wielding a knife ffs. 

At that particular moment, there is no way of knowing what may or may not be concealed or the intentions of the pitch invader so safety is paramount. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

For me, this type of action is totally unacceptable. 

If you're going to streak, at least get yer kit off.

You mean like this :

Nathan Hindmarsh gave the security operators some tips on stopping streakers. Nathan Hindmarsh gave the security operators some tips on stopping streakers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What does the fact that she's a woman have to do with anything? Would it have been more acceptable if the pitch invader was androgynous? What are the pitch invader tackling rules for gender fluid or trans pitch invaders? I don't see why gender even comes into it. The question of whether the steward was justified in his actions surely comes down to whether tackling a pitch invader in that manner is considered the correct method of doing so. I presume they are trained in how to deal with incidents like this. If that's what they are trained to do or something that is considered an acceptable response then it's justified. If it's not then it's not justified regardless of their gender.

Edited by EagleEyePie
  • Like 4

She could have been brought to a halt easily, or even pulled to the ground once that steward had a grip on her.

But to be lifted and then driven that hard into the pitch was grotesque and suggests serious "mummy issues" on the part of the person who did it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

This tackle by the steward is way over the top imho. 

It’s easy to say that after watching the replay several times and not in the heat of the moment. She’d already escaped the softly softly approach attempts of one steward to stop her, no doubt if the guy hadn’t tackled her and she’d done a few more laps of the pitch stoping the game for even longer people would be critical of the security for not being able to remove her. If you don’t want to be tackled to the ground and dragged off the pitch it’s quite simple, don’t run on the pitch.

Edited by Sir Kevin Sinfield

36 minutes ago, Jughead said:

At that particular moment, there is no way of knowing what may or may not be concealed or the intentions of the pitch invader so safety is paramount. 

Indeed , better safe than sorry . Shoot her then search her 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , better safe than sorry . Shoot her then search her 

To quote Ripley, from 'Aliens', "Take off, then nuke the stadium from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

You mean like this :

Nathan Hindmarsh gave the security operators some tips on stopping streakers. Nathan Hindmarsh gave the security operators some tips on stopping streakers.

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee... "that's not a streaker, this is a streaker"!

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

If they had taken a man down like that the security guard would have been a hero - not sure why we have to pander to woman who want to be treated the same as men.

End of the day if she didn't do it she wouldn't have been tackled.

Just give her a $5k fine like in Cricket.

• Like 3

It was an obvious overreaction, but the focus should be on the streaker. If you are willing to do something so stupid, then you are putting yourself at risk that your actions will be misconstrued.

Running on the pitch seems to be an upcoming issue with protestors. The worse example was the two who ran on at Cronulla and planted flares in the ground.

Sadly, I do wonder how long before somebody decides their cause needs an even more shocking on-field incident to get their point across.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee... "that's not a streaker, this is a streaker"!

This happened while I was there. IIRC the police made him walk home from the police station, and it was shown in the paper.

13 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

If they had taken a man down like that the security guard would have been a hero - not sure why we have to pander to woman who want to be treated the same as men.

End of the day if she didn't do it she wouldn't have been tackled.

Just give her a $5k fine like in Cricket.

He wouldn’t have been a hero if he’d done that to a bloke either tbf. 

Nowt wrong with it, it was a text book tackle, perfect timing and technique and as for it being a woman - well they want equality so i hope that's how he tackles men too.

I presume the laws for entering the field of play and the security companies policy for dealing with pitch invaders are all the same regardless of gender?.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He wouldn’t have been a hero if he’d done that to a bloke either tbf. 

I think he would have - the streaker deserved it - man or woman.

You can't just let people break rules as they please - how do you know she didn't have a knife to attack a player....

• Like 3