Jump to content

NRL Streaker


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

She could have been brought to a halt easily, or even pulled to the ground once that steward had a grip on her.

But to be lifted and then driven that hard into the pitch was grotesque and suggests serious "mummy issues" on the part of the person who did it.

I remember in about 1990 or 91 a Wimbledon steward got told off because he shouted and man handled a young girl who was trying to get onto the court - everyone was saying security was too heavy handed etc et lc and I think he was removed from his position as the fan ended up in tears... then in 1993 Monica Seles was stabbed on court....

All a bit of fun until the fun stops.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He wouldn’t have been a hero if he’d done that to a bloke either tbf. 

A hero perhaps not but it would have been looked upon in a more comical and jovial way than it being on a female. I don’t think the “was it over excessive” discussion even exists if it was a male, either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jughead said:

A hero perhaps not but it would have been looked upon in a more comical and jovial way than it being on a female. I don’t think the “was it over excessive” discussion even exists if it was a male, either. 

Maybe not, but in my generation at least there is a rule that you don’t hit women. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe not, but in my generation at least there is a rule that you don’t hit women. 

In the modern world, this rule is itself part of the problem although tbf they would probably just prefer it to be don't hit people which would be an altogether preferable situation.

Unless of course it is a celebrity who you happen to agree with politically, in which case it's perfectly fine and understandable if they do it in a very public forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe not, but in my generation at least there is a rule that you don’t hit women. 

Just let her run around then. The first few tickle attempts didn't do the job. They were likely afraid of being told they were being too mean to her.

  • Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just let her run around then. The first few tickle attempts didn't do the job. They were likely afraid of being told they were being too mean to her.

Yeah, let her run around for 30 seconds, who cares, crowds love a pitch invader anyway, as anyone who’s ever been in the ground when there’s been one knows. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The streaker in question had a bit of fun and in interviews admitted she got what she deserved and the steward was only doing his job.

If she is OK with it then I think we all can be as well.

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah, let her run around for 30 seconds, who cares, crowds love a pitch invader anyway, as anyone who’s ever been in the ground when there’s been one knows. 

I think that tide is turning somewhat.

West Ham had an attack interrupted by some kid doing it for social media likes/views in a European game recently and their fans made their thoughts clear online even going as far as naming the person in question and his home address, it’s one of a number of these incidents where people are doing it for social media (Champions League Finals seem to be a bit of a target) and I think people are sick of it or are certainly getting that way. We’ve seen an increase lately of attempts to stop football games altogether with the Stop Oil protests at Everton and another attempt at Tottenham. In January or February time a fan entered the field of play at Nottingham Forest to attack a Nottingham Forest player who had the propensity to score a goal.

As for Rugby League, it’s approximately ten days since an article citing anti-social behaviour rising at Rugby League games and both Good Friday derbies in Hull and St Helens saw an emphasis from both home clubs on social media telling attendees that sniffer dogs were to be in attendance. While this particular incident and pitch invader was harmless, the risk is ultimately not known until after the event and I would be very disappointed if any spectator entered a rugby league pitch with creating harm in mind. 

The person in question in this video starts to move towards a player and a referee, they had not been restrained to this point and then was without any particular excessive force or unnecessary behaviour from the steward, IMO.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Maybe not, but in my generation at least there is a rule that you don’t hit women. 

"I was raised never to hit a woman."

"A woman raised you, yes?"

A paraphrase there from Support Your Local Sheriff.

  • Confused 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I think that tide is turning somewhat.

West Ham had an attack interrupted by some kid doing it for social media likes/views in a European game recently and their fans made their thoughts clear online even going as far as naming the person in question and his home address, it’s one of a number of these incidents where people are doing it for social media (Champions League Finals seem to be a bit of a target) and I think people are sick of it or are certainly getting that way. We’ve seen an increase lately of attempts to stop football games altogether with the Stop Oil protests at Everton and another attempt at Tottenham. In January or February time a fan entered the field of play at Nottingham Forest to attack a Nottingham Forest player who had the propensity to score a goal.

As for Rugby League, it’s approximately ten days since an article citing anti-social behaviour rising at Rugby League games and both Good Friday derbies in Hull and St Helens saw an emphasis from both home clubs on social media telling attendees that sniffer dogs were to be in attendance. While this particular incident and pitch invader was harmless, the risk is ultimately not known until after the event and I would be very disappointed if any spectator entered a rugby league pitch with creating harm in mind. 

The person in question in this video starts to move towards a player and a referee, they had not been restrained to this point and then was without any particular excessive force or unnecessary behaviour from the steward, IMO.  

Fair enough, personally I think for example the Everton and Rotherham ones were idiots, yet don’t mind someone running on when they’re blatantly just having a laugh, but can see the line has to be drawn somewhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a streaker as a streaker takes their clothes off.

Pitch invasion which is an illegal offence. 

Got tackled fair, wasn't a high tackle or a tip tackle putting the person in danger. 

Can't see the issue, plus if the person had a weapon then he would be called a hero.

Plus the aussies are a bit less soft and one of the people who was interviewed said once you're on the pitch its fair game!

Edited by yipyee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the Saints v Warrington match last month there was a pitch invader who ran straight through the middle of the action.

Our stewards approach was to ignore him until he eventually got bored and left the pitch of his own accord.

Novel. But surprisingly worked.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

At the Saints v Warrington match last month there was a pitch invader who ran straight through the middle of the action.

Our stewards approach was to ignore him until he eventually got bored and left the pitch of his own accord.

Novel. But surprisingly worked.

That ruled out a Wire forward then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Would there be any news if the intruder was male

For male pitch invaders, you just set Sam Kerr on them

 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...