Mon 18th Apr: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00 (UK time)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/22 at 14:30

33 minutes ago, Tony Angelino said:

Genuine question here. Are these 10 players that would get into the starting matchday 17?

Shaumkel, peyrou , jussaume, Russel, white, armitage, paolo, bretherton all in the 17. Thé other not 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

toulouse simply dont deserve to be relegated - if the game is to expand - get rid of wakey - as normal service seems to have been resumed at smell vue 

Absolute tosh. Any team who finishes bottom deserves to be relegated 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Gutted about this one, thought Toulouse could sneak it just to keep up belief for chances to scrap throughtout season. Got to be wakey at home in a few weeks to have any chance if they lose to Leeds. Been close a few times at home but close isnt good enough. 

Wakey seem to make a habit of getting themselves up for these types of games against relegation rivals, I fancy Wajey to come away with the spoils.

Pity TO couldn't cling on, but they're lacking in intensity, composure and execution. Pity for them that those are probably the three key factors that decide close games.

Crying out for the flash of Magick Mark and Jousting Johnny.

• Haha 1

TO has ended up with a decent side. However, they don't have enough experience at this level. Unless they learn quickly they will be bottom come season's end.

I'd personally like to see all promoted clubs given a one year exemption from relegation. The timeframe they have to put a competitive unit together in order to compete at the higher level puts them at a huge disadvantage. If they are relegated in their second season, then they could have no complaints.

• Like 5

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Get ready for the regulation cup 

Rhinos V Olympic 

If you meant relegation cup, then it could be so but a fair amount of water is yet to pass under the bridge. 

Edited by RayCee

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Long way to go but starting to miss some chances that may come back to bite them at the back end.

At the end of the day if they come last they get relegated - and instantly become the short priced favourites to come back up in 2024. So while it would be a disappointing result to go down it would in no way be the end of the world or of TO for that matter. The teams that will be least impressed by TO going down will be those still in the championship, destined to cop a pummelling in the south of France as opposed to down the road.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PECETTO said:

Exept their 10 injuries maybe….

Squad of 27, 10 injured now 1 suspended and that is before they are assessed after yesterday's game. Not looking too good if you can't field a team with 4 interchanges. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UTK said:

Long way to go but starting to miss some chances that may come back to bite them at the back end.

At the end of the day if they come last they get relegated - and instantly become the short priced favourites to come back up in 2024. So while it would be a disappointing result to go down it would in no way be the end of the world or of TO for that matter. The teams that will be least impressed by TO going down will be those still in the championship, destined to cop a pummelling in the south of France as opposed to down the road.

That could also apply to any SL club that gets relegated this season in that they will be favourites to return in '24, Fev and Leigh are the only teams I see that could trouble the relegated team, BUT will the one that doesn't make seemingly putting everything into this season have the finances to provide a challenge in '23?

46 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Squad of 27, 10 injured now 1 suspended and that is before they are assessed after yesterday's game. Not looking too good if you can't field a team with 4 interchanges. 

The injury hoodoo always seems to effect those clubs fighting jeopardy and especially the promoted clubs.

9 hours ago, RayCee said:

If you meant relegation cup, then it could be so but a fair amount of water is yet to pass under the bridge. 

Only one person to present the cup then- step forward sir kev king of our forums.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, kiggy said:

I see Gavin Marguerite has just returned to the TO Elite side, is there a chance that he could be used to solidify depth within the first team for the rest of the season?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UTK said:

I see Gavin Marguerite has just returned to the TO Elite side, is there a chance that he could be used to solidify depth within the first team for the rest of the season?

I read that too. He's a strong lad and scored a lot of tries when he played before but his head was not in the right place at the time. Maybe he has matured a bit. Is he ready for SL? Sylvain and Adam will be the judge I guess, we will have to see. Anymore injuries though and they will have to bring in more Elite players so there is a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1