Mon 18th Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/22 at 14:30

Someone at RFL doesn't like SRD.

The Easter Weekend provides clubs the fleeting possibility of bigger crowds, the chance with no school or work of away supporters rolling in and a little more income.

Especially so for those clubs whose match day income is restricted to ticket sales like Salford.

So what's their big Easter homer? Wigan, Leeds or Saints?

Nope, Catalans!?

Now I love our games against our French foes. They have provided some uniquely epic moments.

Like these.

Last one at the Willows. Possibly the best performance and that post Arena bombing match.

But please Easter Monday?!? I

think it's our third such occasion in the last decade. And you wonder why SRD never increase their crowds.

Somehow the RFL aren't being friendly to anyone wishing to travel from Perpignan.

If you drive non stop you'll arrive at yer domicile on Tuesday just in time for yer first croissant. Quickest route by public transport wraps in Leeds, Brussels and Nimes and Eccles. A mere 18 hours. Unless you are on the club flight, the quickest flight returns you to the Catalan Cosmic centre of Daliesque Universes late on Tuesday night.

So I guess the Dragons will be a selective bunch. They will be ample room to park the skateboard.

Both teams need to win. Both have endless injuries. Take your boots you and the ubiquitous A.Trialist might get a game.

The result?  No one wins.

11 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Someone at RFL doesn't like SRD.

The Easter Weekend provides clubs the fleeting possibility of bigger crowds, the chance with no school or work of away supporters rolling in and a little more income.

Especially so for those clubs whose match day income is restricted to ticket sales like Salford.

So what's their big Easter homer? Wigan, Leeds or Saints?

Nope, Catalans!?

Now I love our games against our French foes. They have provided somBut please Easter Monday?!? I

think it's our third such occasion in the last decade. And you wonder why SRD never increase their crowds.

Salford could always try attracting like a Super League club and get some home supporters to games instead of relying on away supporters. You’ll play all teams at home at some point, I don’t see how it matters when in the season each game falls.

Cheers Mr Drake.

Mr CKN laments the spread of unhappiness abundant on this forum. We have little to fret about these days. Well apart from pandemics, a major war in Ukraine, dizzying household bills, Brexit, a criminal lying Prime Minister and his young enough to be his daughter wife and oh yeah the state of RL.

He is right. We should not be turning our collective aghast against each other.

Come on kids, things could be worse.

Which brings me to yesterday. Sartre proposed that existentialist dread was a desperate party from there was "No Exit"and was full of all the poor choices you had made in life. 

At around just past 4pm (1700 heures Perpignan time) that thought arose in my head as Kasiano skipped easily past a coterie of Red Devils.

Was I now occupying my own version of the Afterlife?

A decision made to be a Red, from which I can not escape.

Or was I a mere speculator of the Party of Dismal Dead as the SRD defence dissolves into depressing disarray.

The phrase Rowley Ball has took hold. It's the RL version of furia francese favoured by the French Army in World War One. Hey red trousers on a battlefield, massive advances onto machine guns, non problem capitaine! The tactics of enthusiastic attack will submerge any defence.

Oh course such hubris is now buried alongside the Marne. I question whether reliance on offensive might looks good in the clips, but shelling 30 points per game is just gonna end in defeat.

This pack is weak and flaccid. Even more than any of the Noble/Iestyn bottom of the table dwellers. Defence at time was less existentialist dread, more embarrassing debacle. Losing possession from an uncontested scrum leading to a try. Good grief! 

The endeavour is there just like those brave poilu in 1914. But like then there is a lack of the smart, the calculating cute. Some of the errors was kids stuff. Breaking the defensive line at the edge for a hit doesn't work, sliding defence was just erm sliding. 

It feels we need some clever big props. (if that isn't an oxymoron) A Kyle Amor, Mossop or a Dudson. Another proper full back and tough hooker. Ship out lads who'd thrive better in the Championship.

Most of all a consideration of tactics. Eventually as the casualties mounted, science overtook emotion for the French Army. Steel Helmets replaced the cloth kepi. Camouflage rather than Espirit de corp. 

Maybe the same is needed for the Reds?

Ah now, move on. Ever hopeful. ✌️😀✌️

Archived