Johnathon Ford

4 minutes ago, POR said:

Ford TAKES FEV up to 10 who started playing down under  but as overseas players go you tell me Sir K

WE have 3 aussies with british passports 1 with a canadian passport and one who  just got his irish pasport plus 4 samoans 

Regarding  fordy who's been  living in france for 10 years  it would surprise me if he didn't have a french passport too

Passports are irrelevant now aren’t they? It’s the number of overseas trained players that’s limited in Super League. 10 is ridiculous, why don’t Championship clubs face the same restrictions as Super League clubs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I would think that the squad will be pruned somewhat in the coming weeks.... or maybe not.... we haven't quite witnessed a season like this in a generation. 

Chisholm, Holmes and Jones on their way is being bandied about round Fev( hope we don't loose Jones).

9 minutes ago, binosh said:

Tyler Dupree from Widnes, former Leeds prop supposedly going to Featherstone until the end of the season and then Salford next year.

Widnes can’t afford to lose a prop this season so would expect a hefty transfer fee involved for him to play at Fev this year. Salford next year is more than likely

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Widnes can’t afford to lose a prop this season so would expect a hefty transfer fee involved for him to play at Fev this year. Salford next year is more than likely

Maybe he has a clause in his contract? I highly doubt Fev would pay much of a fee for a player unlikely to be with them next season.

On Ford that feels like a strange signing for Fev and I don't see him as any better than what they have unless its a signing to stop Leigh signing him as I think he would slot straight in to the Leigh team.

• Like 2

Dupree been smashed about by the lobbygobblers already this year and I can't see a place for Ford at all. 

Saying that, good attacking 8ft stand off for whom I'd run at all day.  

Fev already have the best squad in the championship, but fair play to them. It's a great squad they have assembled 👍

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I prefer to call it our rather experienced pack lol.

I wonder if some of your experienced pack are beginning to see the writing on the wall.

I don't know if Fev are doing the right thing here,but I certainly admire their ambition.

3 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I wonder if some of your experienced pack are beginning to see the writing on the wall.

I don't know if Fev are doing the right thing here,but I certainly admire their ambition.

Can't knock our ambition but we need to be building for next season IF we get in SL , we do have quite a few experienced players. But we will have to trust in the folk running the club.

• Like 1

Good to see the poor fella get a gig after the off-putting manner in which he and Kheirallah were dispensed with by TO in authoritarian France.

This affair has soured by love affair with TO and their arrival into SL. Hope he has some success at his new club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ford is an enigma , RL scrum halves and stand offs are traditionally ' normal or smaller than average , Johnathon is ' all wrong ' , more Meadowlark Lemon than Andy Gregory 

He's obviously a quality player at this level , but also potentially a weakness in defence , really looking forward to see how he fits in somewhere new after a decade in France 

An inspired signing ? , Or expensive mistake ? 

Bring it on 😁

21 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Ford is an enigma , RL scrum halves and stand offs are traditionally ' normal or smaller than average , Johnathon is ' all wrong ' , more Meadowlark Lemon than Andy Gregory 

He's obviously a quality player at this level , but also potentially a weakness in defence , really looking forward to see how he fits in somewhere new after a decade in France 

An inspired signing ? , Or expensive mistake ? 

Bring it on 😁

Hes a good player obviously, but I think the risk for Fev is that he isnt necessarily better than what is already there and this might disrupt the morale and atmosphere in the squad. Time will tell but Fev now have 6 halves. Morgan Smith has arguably been the best player this year and has likely just lost his place. Chisholm and Holmes odds on to leave, Chisholm being a massive fans favorite. Needs some delicate management and I'd have rather seen a marquee front rower brought in.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If you think Fev are over £2.1m, I'd like to see your breakdown of the current squad's wages...

Neither Featherstone or Leigh will be over £2.1m on players wages alone, but there are other costs to running a club, both clubs seem to be spending far beyond their means in a desperate bid to get into Super League. One of them will achieve that, one of them won’t. I fear for the financial state of the club that doesn’t, hopefully it’s not a case of Super League or bust.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Neither Featherstone or Leigh will be over £2.1m on players wages alone, but there are other costs to running a club, both clubs seem to be spending far beyond their means in a desperate bid to get into Super League. One of them will achieve that, one of them won’t. I fear for the financial state of the club that doesn’t, hopefully it’s not a case of Super League or bust.

Fair play, think you've already got a couple of lines in the Fev-haters' bingo comp...

s

• Like 2
  • Haha 14