Johnathon Ford

6 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Hes a good player obviously, but I think the risk for Fev is that he isnt necessarily better than what is already there and this might disrupt the morale and atmosphere in the squad. Time will tell but Fev now have 6 halves. Morgan Smith has arguably been the best player this year and has likely just lost his place. Chisholm and Holmes odds on to leave, Chisholm being a massive fans favorite. Needs some delicate management and I'd have rather seen a marquee front rower brought in.

Morgan Smith was out injured but nothing too serious.

54 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fair play, think you've already got a couple of lines in the Fev-haters' bingo comp...

s

sir  kev keeps his head down because Leeds are ###### ( so far) but as soon as Fev make a move he's BACK ! I think he's a closet Fev fan really lol.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Good to see Fev developing British, oh hang on

It really is time all clubs were made to develop British and stop this short termism with imports

I don’t think they have a choice, the super league clubs begin recruiting around now which only leaves peripheral super league and nrl players available, it’s the system that’s wrong, you can’t blame the clubs for making the best out of a bad situation.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Good to see Fev developing British, oh hang on

It really is time all clubs were made to develop British and stop this short termism with imports

Allow all clubs to run academies then... not just the chosen few.

Not all issues lie at the door of the clubs... so feel free to raise with the RFL.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rockingchair said:

I don’t think they have a choice, the super league clubs begin recruiting around now which only leaves peripheral super league and nrl players available, it’s the system that’s wrong, you can’t blame the clubs for making the best out of a bad situation.

The problem will be is that some of their overseas players will have to be replaced with British players IF they get into Super League due to the quota system and some others players will have to be replaced as they wont be good enough for Super League. This will be very expensive for them IF they get promoted

3 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Allow all clubs to run academies then... not just the chosen few.

Not all issues lie at the door of the clubs... so feel free to raise with the RFL.

No problem with that and reduce the amount of has been's and never was players from the NRL, and eventually get rid of them all

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Massive fan of Ford - for the way he conducts himself and the way he plays - but it would be terribly sad to see Dane Chisholm being frozen out at Fev by his arrival.

I'd be more worried about Chisholm than Ford TTTT 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

The problem will be is that some of their overseas players will have to be replaced with British players IF they get into Super League due to the quota system and some others players will have to be replaced as they wont be good enough for Super League. This will be very expensive for them IF they get promoted

I agree ultimately one of fev n Leigh aren’t getting promoted, so you would think it’d be wise from a business perspective to take that into consideration, the problem lies with the structure of P/R as opposed to the clubs themselves.

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Massive fan of Ford - for the way he conducts himself and the way he plays - but it would be terribly sad to see Dane Chisholm being frozen out at Fev by his arrival.

If Chisholm did get shown the door at Fev and by some quirk of fate he ended up at Leigh - God knows we need halfbacks who can run a game - would Fev fans be wary of him in a Leigh shirt against you?

2 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

The RFL is promoting this attitude at some clubs, especially so at Fev and Leigh the two strongest clubs outside of SL, what else are they supposed to do they can't  bring through their own player's, it would be reducing the SL clubs in their vicinity of the number of candidates for their academies, yet Newcastle and London are allowed to run academies could it be that the local kids of those two clubs are of no interest to SL clubs till they make the grade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Of course it will, so the only thing is to allow any club the opportunity to bring through their own players with all the added benefits that creates, it will take a few years to bear fruit and it can't even be started for another 4 or 5 years, albeit clubs can apply in the next two years.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Chisholm did get shown the door at Fev and by some quirk of fate he ended up at Leigh - God knows we need halfbacks who can run a game - would Fev fans be wary of him in a Leigh shirt against you?

I'm not a Fev fan, Harry. Just speaking as a neutral who has enjoyed Chisholm's contributions.

I don't anticipate that switch happening, in all honesty. He'd do well though.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes. 

However, if chisholm is on his way, and it does look like he's out of favour and slipping down the pecking order, I'm not sure fev would let him go to leigh.... I just get a feeling they'd have him warming a seat in the stand rather than playing for leigh...

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Yes. 

However, if chisholm is on his way, and it does look like he's out of favour and slipping down the pecking order, I'm not sure fev would let him go to leigh.... I just get a feeling they'd have him warming a seat in the stand rather than playing for leigh...

That's like when Mikey Higham wanted to come back to Leigh, Warrington wouldn't let him at first then put in a stipulation in that he could not play against them.

Tbh I’d like to see a scenario where all clubs have to fulfil a quota of local talent within their squads similar to the overseas quota , I’d also like there to be restrictions on super league clubs hoovering up the players  of other clubs local talent.

Edited by Rockingchair

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's like when Mikey Higham wanted to come back to Leigh, Warrington wouldn't let him at first then put in a stipulation in that he could not play against them.

That might be a possibility if that stipulation included play off games. I seem to remember fax n sheff getting into a barney over something similar with Sam Barlow..... and if fev did stipulate that, I can't see leigh agreeing to the signing should with those conditions applied