Johnathon Ford

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

That might be a possibility if that stipulation included play off games. I seem to remember fax n sheff getting into a barney over something similar with Sam Barlow..... and if fev did stipulate that, I can't see leigh agreeing to the signing should with those conditions applied

Agree, what is the use of buying something that you have to keep under lock and key.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Agree, what is the use of buying something that you have to keep under lock and key.

I think he'd be allowed to go anywhere else but leigh....

Chizzy can be devastating.

He can also be anonymous. The only dropped point this season... chizzy played. He's OK don't get me wrong. But I've read aot of comments on Leigh's Facebook page that appear to have him elevated to a standard that can't or won't be consistently achieved. If he goes, he goes. Yes on balance I'd miss him. But we have better. Both Smith jacks and wildie are on fire at the mo.

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

That might be a possibility if that stipulation included play off games. I seem to remember fax n sheff getting into a barney over something similar with Sam Barlow..... and if fev did stipulate that, I can't see leigh agreeing to the signing should with those conditions applied

Pretty sure 'fax paid Sheffield an out of court settlement (with The RFL refusing to get involved) after legal threats for breach of contract

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Chisholm did get shown the door at Fev and by some quirk of fate he ended up at Leigh - God knows we need halfbacks who can run a game - would Fev fans be wary of him in a Leigh shirt against you?

A couple of years ago, definitely. There’s a reason he’s not getting game time.

4 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Good to see Fev developing British, oh hang on

It really is time all clubs were made to develop British and stop this short termism with imports

Are you INCLUDING  SL clubs lol.

1 hour ago, Rockingchair said:

Tbh I’d like to see a scenario where all clubs have to fulfil a quota of local talent within their squads similar to the overseas quota , I’d also like there to be restrictions on super league clubs hoovering up the players  of other clubs local talent.

Best of luck with that 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best of luck with that 👍

Yes I’m aware it will never happen, super league purports to be all inclusive yet it is ran like a dictatorship as opposed to a democracy, it amazes me how the sport has a whole hasn’t been reviewed my some sporting ombudsman body . Look how quickly elite football got shut down when they attempted to make it a closed shop .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockingchair said:

Yes I’m aware it will never happen, super league purports to be all inclusive yet it is ran like a dictatorship as opposed to a democracy, it amazes me how the sport has a whole hasn’t been reviewed my some sporting ombudsman body . Look how quickly elite football got shut down when they attempted to make it a closed shop .

SL isn't a closed shop , it's just a very difficult shop to get into and stay there 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I think he'd be allowed to go anywhere else but leigh....

Chizzy can be devastating.

He can also be anonymous. The only dropped point this season... chizzy played. He's OK don't get me wrong. But I've read aot of comments on Leigh's Facebook page that appear to have him elevated to a standard that can't or won't be consistently achieved. If he goes, he goes. Yes on balance I'd miss him. But we have better. Both Smith jacks and wildie are on fire at the mo.

On this, the game at Batley Chisholm looked lost whereas previously he was unplayable. I think he simply doesn't suit BM's style but not sure where he would go if allowed to. I suspect he will be staying at London for a while yet. 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

SL isn't a closed shop , it's just a very difficult shop to get into and stay there 

Agree , it’s very likely designed that way like franchising in disguise then all the super league clubs can say ‘look what do they bring to the league ‘in a mocking tone . It depends if you want a commodus vs maximus style competition or one with integrity, sport after all without integrity isn’t really sport at all .

24 minutes ago, distantdog said:

On this, the game at Batley Chisholm looked lost whereas previously he was unplayable. I think he simply doesn't suit BM's style but not sure where he would go if allowed to. I suspect he will be staying at London for a while yet. 

That's pretty much how he goes. On his day he really is unplayable. Consistency and adherence to a structure are his downfalls....

The structure bit is subjective.... many will express an opinion that chizzy is best suited when he has a free reign to create, free of the shackles a structure may impose.... an opportunist.

Others will counter there's nowt to be gained by playing off a different hymn sheet to the rest of the team.

At fev, everyone has an opinion on chizzy. He's a popular member of the squad at odds with a seemingly rigid, thoughtful, preparation conscious coach. Something will give, and it has

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Tbh I’d like to see a scenario where all clubs have to fulfil a quota of local talent within their squads similar to the overseas quota , I’d also like there to be restrictions on super league clubs hoovering up the players  of other clubs local talent.

Certainly won’t happen under the current system with the academy system rigged to favour the big clubs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Are you INCLUDING  SL clubs lol.

You can't expect French Clubs to develop British talent

All championship clubs should have the option of having an academy and for me no academy means no Super League place, and they just can't set up an academy once they are promoted into Super League. They should have an academy while they are in the championship

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

All championship clubs should have the option of having an academy and for me no academy means no Super League place, and they just can't set up an academy once they are promoted into Super League. They should have an academy while they are in the championship

How much funding do clubs get for running an academy? I assume all these new championship academy’s get an equal slice to run one??

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Yes, BUT they can't, the RFL says so, go tell Mr Rimmer you are cross with him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Tell me have Fev and Leigh ever had academies and what happened to them? Did the RFL tell them they can't have them or did they dispense with them as a cost cutting measure?

You are behind times Futureman, yes Leigh had an academy but cancelled it due to having so few games to play, are you aufait with how the academy system worked?

Then in the last application only 10 teams initially were granted licences, Hull KR, Cas and Bradford were cast aside until they kicked up an almighty fuss and Rimmer gave in, Leigh were an applicant with a 400K budget set aside to finance it, but Rimmer decided against it, now tell me why Newcastle and London should be awarded licences, I will tell you why they are of no threat to SL clubs in competeing for the lads the SL clubs want.

I can see why you answered with the confused emoji, in asking the questions you gave.

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are behind times Futureman, yes Leigh had an academy but cancelled it due to having so few games to play, are you aufait with how the academy system worked?

Then in the last application only 10 teams initially were granted licences, Hull KR, Cas and Bradford were cast aside until they kicked up an almighty fuss and Rimmer gave in, Leigh were an applicant with a 400K budget set aside to finance it, but Rimmer decided against it, now tell me why Newcastle and London should be awarded licences, I will tell you why they are of no threat to SL clubs in competeing for the lads the SL clubs want.

I can see why you answered with the confused emoji, in asking the questions you gave.

So they cancelled their academy they had before. Their choice, and now they want to return to the fold

It's au fait not aufait LOL

Newcastle and London offer the game growth. Leigh offer nothing. They are a suburb of Wigan, and Fev offer nothing new to Super League

Tell me when Leigh were in Super League last season how many new fans did they bring to the game and how many new sponsors did they bring in?

If Fev win the Champion grand final and get promoted to Super League how many new fans and sponsors will they bring to the game?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Fev also ran an academy, which I believe they were forced to close.

This was fully funded by the club, where all the SL club's academies had RFL funding.

I am sure we would be happy just to be able to run one, but why not let it be a level playing field and split the funding to include the clubs that want to run one.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbaldnmad said:

Think we need to add more lines to the Fev haters bingo card!!

Just pointing out facts,

Perhaps you would like to tell us how many new fans and sponsors Fev will bring to Super League if they are promoted, and bare in mind they would already be in competition with Wakey and Cas when it comes to new fans and sponsors

1 minute ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Fev also ran an academy, which I believe they were forced to close.

This was fully funded by the club, where all the SL club's academies had RFL funding.

I am sure we would be happy just to be able to run one, but why not let it be a level playing field and split the funding to include the clubs that want to run one.

I'm on record as saying i would like all championship clubs to have academies or the one's who want to play in Super League, as i think it should be a requirement of playing in Super League to have an academy 

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Just pointing out facts,

Perhaps you would like to tell us how many new fans and sponsors Fev will bring to Super League if they are promoted, and bare in mind they would already be in competition with Wakey and Cas when it comes to new fans and sponsors

It's called a sport , in case you'd forgotten ?

• Like 2