Johnathon Ford

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Perhaps you would like to tell us how many new fans and sponsors Fev will bring to Super League if they are promoted, and bare in mind they would already be in competition with Wakey and Cas when it comes to new fans and sponsors

Number or names and addresses? Just let me get mi crystal ball

43 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So they cancelled their academy they had before. Their choice, and now they want to return to the fold

It's au fait not aufait LOL

Newcastle and London offer the game growth. Leigh offer nothing. They are a suburb of Wigan, and Fev offer nothing new to Super League

Tell me when Leigh were in Super League last season how many new fans did they bring to the game and how many new sponsors did they bring in?

If Fev win the Champion grand final and get promoted to Super League how many new fans and sponsors will they bring to the game?

Using a covid season would be wrong in 2017 Leigh averaged 6700 crowds despite coming second bottom, which was 3200 more than in the Championship, take away the 600 average away support and we brought 2600 new fans to the game which have now been temporarily  lost due to relegation.

In 2017 one of our major sponsors was  one of the UKs biggest Solicitors

36 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I'm on record as saying i would like all championship clubs to have academies or the one's who want to play in Super League, as i think it should be a requirement of playing in Super League to have an academy 

To be honest I don’t care what you think because you talk total and utter rubbish.

I think you will find that both Fev and Leigh have a proven track record of producing top class players over the years and the area’s continue to produce good players who are hijacked by other clubs because the RFL have screwed up the academy system to favour the top clubs. 
You should also remember that clubs only responsibility is to win games and provide entertainment for their supporters the development of the game is up to the governing body.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are behind times Futureman, yes Leigh had an academy but cancelled it due to having so few games to play, are you aufait with how the academy system worked?

Then in the last application only 10 teams initially were granted licences, Hull KR, Cas and Bradford were cast aside until they kicked up an almighty fuss and Rimmer gave in, Leigh were an applicant with a 400K budget set aside to finance it, but Rimmer decided against it, now tell me why Newcastle and London should be awarded licences, I will tell you why they are of no threat to SL clubs in competing for the lads the SL clubs want.

I can see why you answered with the confused emoji, in asking the questions you gave.

Thirty years ago, pretty much every club had Alliance and Academy sides. Those who didn't were looked down on. As recently as (about) ten years ago, Sheffield ran five teams. In the RFL's wisdom much of this infrastructure was "streamlined", leading to the occasional team turning up with 12 players.

An embarrassment to the game.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

So they cancelled their academy they had before. Their choice, and now they want to return to the fold

Newcastle and London offer the game growth. Leigh offer nothing. They are a suburb of Wigan, and Fev offer nothing new to Super League

Tell me when Leigh were in Super League last season how many new fans did they bring to the game and how many new sponsors did they bring in?

If Fev win the Champion grand final and get promoted to Super League how many new fans and sponsors will they bring to the game?

Yes you are correct London really do offer the game growth, where are they playing out off? when last in SL how many new fans did they bring into the game? how many locals do they play in front of now, how many new sponsers did they bring to the game? if you are going to go down that route then use a better example for comparison not a failed enterprise for most of their 40+ years, and you think it is conclusive that Newcastle will grow and grow, I would love them to but I will reserve judgement for 3 or 4 years to see if any monentum has been gained.

Lastly, I have supported my club (a latter day suberb of Wigan) for nigh on 60 years, I have had far many more downs than up's in that time as I expect lots of my friends from the little Yorkshire pit village of Featherstone have also endured, and quite frankly I don't give a flying #### what your opinion is, I will carry on paying my money to watch my team irrespective of what division they play in.

Which either one of us gets to SL it will have been done on the endeavours of the management, player's and fan's that is something that should be celebrated and it will be by the followers of that club, the club is our priority, not Wigan, Wakefield or Cas, Warrington, Saints or Leeds, anyone of Leigh or Fev fans could easily go and follow those mentioned but we choose not to, our heart is where it is, and I don't care who it bothers or upsets their ideology of the sport.

Who is your team Futureman, no got one?

If not you are missing out having that passion for "Your Team" it is a wonderful expierence being a part off other than a passive observer!

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Griff said:

Thirty years ago, pretty much every club had Alliance and Academy sides. Those who didn't were looked down on. As recently as (about) ten years ago, Sheffield ran five teams. In the RFL's wisdom much of this infrastructure was "streamlined", leading to the occasional team turning up with 12 players.

An embarrassment to the game.

Look at Futureman's avatar Griff, he doesn't know these things he comes from somewhere in England for some reason he wishes his location to remain anonymous. He is a grey suit that says a lot without actually saying anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Look at Futureman's avatar Griff, he doesn't know these things he comes from somewhere in England for some reason he wishes his location to remain anonymous. He is a grey suit that says a lot without actually saying anything.

It's not that long ago.

Folk forget.

bare in mind they would already be in competition

The thing about laughing at other people's typos and langauge errors is that you make a rod for your own back.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

The RFL say whether you can have an Academy or not.  It's not the club's choice.  That's a huge part of the problem.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Future is League said:

You can't expect French Clubs to develop British talent

All championship clubs should have the option of having an academy and for me no academy means no Super League place, and they just can't set up an academy once they are promoted into Super League. They should have an academy while they are in the championship

DEARY DEARY ME F you have no idea what the RFL have got up to 

In the Past FEV were told by the RFL to disband THE academy and scholarship schemes because they were going to fund SL clubs and they felt it would be better for young lads in and around FEV to train with them and the only reason london and newcastle  so called  “Emerging Affinity Areas”get them is because it's too far for their  local lads to travel for training  with a SL team

Furthermore FEV have applied numerous times to reinstate them with funding from a local business man but the RFL computer says NO

More recently FEV were told by the RFL to disband their reserve side so once more the league could be made up SL Thunder and Broncos

• Sad 1

This thread was originally about Johnathon Ford.

Now it has descended into a pit of low level trolling and personal abuse.

Knock it on the head, or I'll start throwing a few folk off the forum.

Locked.

• Like 2